E-M-G

This forum is intended to be a place where complex science is made simple and understandable.

Re: E-M-G

Postby catspaw1950 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 pm

I'm leaning against the wall to keep it from falling down. I'm resting my head on my desk to keep it feom floating away. High school memories.

Cat
A time just for plantin', a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin'. A place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then, to be close to the earth.
Now the green leaves of summer are callin' me home.
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby GManIM » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 pm

I didn't get into all that stuff until I was in my twenties. Alcohol made me feel sick and cannabis gave me palpitations
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Sometimes I wish that I could recount famous uh...." had too much to drink stories" I am sure that it would make me so much more colorful! But alas in that department I am as dull as a doorknob.

Thats why I liked my room mate Tula so much. She was the exact opposite to me.... tall, tall, tall... with long blonde hair.... a gorgeous woman who had lived in the same small town all of her life. She was completely sure of herself (so much so that she could get up and dance on a table if she wanted to.... and even if she got into trouble somehow the local cops would have driven her home with their best wishes to her parents.... She smoked... (not always the commercial stuff)... and I admired her because she had such beautiful hands and of course she showed them off so artistically when she was smoking. Thats an art in itself! I was good for one thing maybe..... drinking made me sick so I was always stone cold sober..( what a drag) and so when she handed me the keys to the car as she slid down the wall saying " Youre driving Brown" I was always right there. We made a good team I think. She was so much fun to watch.

Tula Tula Tula.... I do miss ya. I'd have loved to see what you would have made of Mikado!

Tula could hold up the world if it needed holding up.... thats for sure

I think that I got off subject? Anyway... yeah..... like that. <g>

Back to DMG somehow..... Linda.
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby GManIM » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 pm

:o

A mathematical model for impulsion hypothesis

Navier Stokes + Maxwell = MHD

Navier Stokes is a set of nonlinear partial differential equations for modelling fluid flow. They are dynamic in that they model movement, not position

The gravitational field can be modelled using a form of Maxwell's Equation

= Gravitohydrodynamics. According to Google this term is currently 'parked' so I'm having it.
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby GManIM » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm looking at my previous now and wondering what the Sam Hill I was talking about. I was definitely looking down the wrong end of the telescope with that one. MHD is a novel ponderomotive effect, as would be GHD, if such a thing could be engineered.

Good tag, though. I'm still having it :D
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:09 pm

ponderomotive effect, Thats a phrase that I have seen Dad use... so what little bit I know... tells me that there is a little bell going off in that direction! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I call them dragons, they flow about in spiral pathways, always drawn to a point of least resistance.
They know uncle fibonacci well, and are phidian in nature, but fibonacci exerts sequencing , such as 8/34, or 13/21.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Do You think it is just coincidence that I put My hand into a great big box of old cassettes this afternoon, and came out with ...julie Andrews ...the sound of music?
I don't
http://www.spirasolaris.ca/spirasolaris.html
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby GManIM » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

fibonacci_phyllotaxis.jpg
Output from nature
wormhole001sml.gif
Output from my fractal drawing program

Nature and mathematics...
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby GManIM » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:32 pm

In fact, when I consider it we've had GHD engineering for a long time. The water-wheel is a good example, the hydroelectric turbine is another
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

PreviousNext

Return to Karen's Science Class