Chat Room

Welcome to the Quonset Hut... a special place where the messages to this site over the past two years have been collected and saved. Please note that these posts have been preserved as they were created.( Some thoughts are pure gems, other interactions are silly and forgetable.... but they have been saved in context for historical reasons)..

Chat Room

Postby Hut Master » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:06 am

Mr. Pladuim has brought to my attention a way for members to chat online and not need to tie up forum topics with chit-chat. This is a trial to see how people like it, and if the response is positive, we may install a chat system within the Hut, that will be used by members only.

To log in and see who else it on, point to http://xat.com/TownsendBrown

You do not have to register on the site to use the chat, although registration has some other features (frills) that may be appealing to some. When you first SIGN IN your screen name will be something the Xat system assigns so if you want to change it to your Quonset Hut user name, you can do so simply by clicking on your ID in the list of users online and type in your Hut user name. Be sure you press "OK" to save the change(s) you made.

May be a fun way for some people to communicate and have discussions that are not "on-topic" or relevant to TTB.

I'm going back to the beach! See you all again after the spring thaw begins...Brrrr!
The Hut Master
"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors."
Plato
Hut Master
Site Admin

Re: Chat Room

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:07 pm

On the Front " Board Index" a couple of threads below " Welcome to the Quonset Hut" you will find a major thread called " Crews Quarters"... this has been designed especially for all of you who have things that they want to share with others but its not really part of the other conversations here about the book and other scientific musing. This is just a place to go to share your interests.... ( anybody see my entry about the training of mustang?) See thats not a topic that belongs anywhere else... others have mentioned their long hair and I am sure with spring approaching that there will be discussions about gardening, and COOKING... all of the things that make us individuals and fascinating in our own right.

I thought at first that a chat room was needed but I am believing now that the Crews Quarters will work even better. The topics will be saved so that newcomers can read the history messages of those who are aboard... and maybe that will show us all that we may all be different but we have much in common and it will deepen our understanding of where we are all "coming from" when we post on other subjects.

I am going to suggest to Plad that he disengage from the test chat room and we will concentrate now in making the Crews Quarters comfortable for all of us. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby TheTraveler » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Oh Great!!!!

Now I need to make a couple more pots of coffee and bake more cookies! :o
The Traveler
------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted. And not everything that can be counted, counts"
TheTraveler
Chief Petty Officer

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey, the cooks galley was my Dads favorite place on the submarine... they made him malted milk which he loved. But I vote for the cookies.... following in Desdemonas footsteps. I apparently already have the crew!

Plad wants to keep the chatroom open for awhile so those who are joining there have a good time... I would join but the kind of cookies that I might get from being there are not the kinds that I enjoy! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

It came to my attention quite sometime ago that some are using the chat room as sort of a " Bash Linda" Forum hidden from this one. I want to issue an invitation to all of those who have participated in that or simply read what was going on there to join us in the main Forum. If anyone has anything disparaging to say about me let them say it in the daylight....not in the relative dark of this chat room. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Return to Welcome to The Quonset Hut