Forum Organizational Changes

This forum is limited to password only. To obtain the password, you must be a member and agree to the conditions for access

Re: Forum Organizational Changes

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 am

Just an update here folks to let you know that we are still working on getting the "Resolute" the way that we want her for the important discussions that I know will be held on her.

The front page is being changed to reflect the fact that the book written by Jan Lofton and myself is now published and accepted into the premium Ebook catalogues! Yea!!!!

The other thing I wanted to mention is that we will be setting up the discussion topics soon for the Resolute but until then I think I would just prefer that we sort of funnel the discussions through the " Notes from the Hut" thread. I know that it seems confining but for this short period it would help us welcome new comers without the chance of losing their contribution.

So continue on in the " Notes from the Hut" and realize that most of the threads will eventually be moved away from the HUT and onto the ship.... I have taken even to adding the marker (Resolute) behind the threads I know will need to be moved. Traveler and I will be working on that this next month so please be patient with us....but for heaven sake don't wait for us to get a proper place for that roaring discussion that we need to have. lets GO FORTH. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Jan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Linda/Tom...we need to take down the forum entitled The Good-Bye Man, remaining chapters, please. There's no reason to keep that one up.

Thanks,
rose
Jan
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am

For now.... anyone wishing to talk about our recently published book ( The Good-Bye Man) please find the thread of that name in the " Notes from the Hut" area. We are condensing responses this month but will branch out in July sometime... so bear with us please and join us there! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby tbeale » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Is it just me, or dies the board appear to "hang" when clicking on some links?
TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Postby catspaw1950 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 pm

It seems to depend on the time of day. At least that's what I've encountered.

Cat
A time just for plantin', a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin'. A place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then, to be close to the earth.
Now the green leaves of summer are callin' me home.
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby tbeale » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 pm

I can hit a link, then it will hang. If I close the browser, and go back to the same link, it's fine. It seems totally random. I've seen this on both IE8 and Chrome. I know I get it at work. Not sure if I'm seeing it at home.
TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:13 am

The anxiety that I believe EVERY loving parent....human or animal... feels when the young leave the nest. But its all part of the entire plan.... all the way down the chain and I suppose the Creator may think along those lines..and perhaps suffer the same difficult anxieties.

If I was to put it into human terms it might go something like this .... "They are on their own, their decisions have to be their own....I have to stay out of it and only come into their lives if I am invited there...... and I think I am going to do something else with their room now that they don't need it anymore." Right?

Sorry about the above.... posted in the wrong place.

Regarding "hanging up>>>" I am no help here. My hampster is going as fast as he can and if he stops to take a breather to me thats just normal!!!! <g> Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby GManIM » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Guys, I still have no post reply in some of the forums
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Linda Brown » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks for that.... we are trying to figure which ones still don't have that reply button. Please let us know which one gave you trouble. I have discovered that the entire Library was locked without reply buttons.... has that been corrected yet?

Traveler said that he thought it should be.... but.... perhaps not.... I am no help in double checking it myself because apparently everything I look at has a reply button but thats not necessarily the case for you guys.... Help us here if you can GMan and let us know which ones are still giving your problems....... or by posting on the ones that used to give you a problem you will be telling us that we are making progress.

In other words PLEASE be a squeaking wheel! Thanks! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby GManIM » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi Linda

I can't post in The Captain's Cabin, General Quarters, Ship's Library and Navigation Roon

G
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

PreviousNext

Return to The Resolute Archives