Forum Organizational Changes

This forum is limited to password only. To obtain the password, you must be a member and agree to the conditions for access

Forum Organizational Changes

Postby TheTraveler » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:01 am

Greetings everyone, Traveler Here!

As you can see, Linda has announced our sailing orders, and in line with her request we have added a series of new Forums for everyone's use. If you have any problems using any of the new areas, please let us know and we will see that the hatches are properly opened!

We would appreciate your input on the new changes, so let us know!
The Traveler
------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted. And not everything that can be counted, counts"
TheTraveler
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Forum Organizational Changes

Postby Linda Brown » Mon May 09, 2011 3:02 am

As you can see folks the new forum is not yet up and running so please bear with us a little longer. You will definitely notice the difference! Just look for the ship!! And when you see the Resolute you will know that there will be some fascinating discussion in store for us all. Q Sorry for the delay but this is going to be quite a voyage of discovery and well worth waiting for! Linda Brown
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sun May 29, 2011 3:28 pm

I have to say tbeale that I love the " subsilver2" style that I found by going to the User Control Panel.

Its really fitting my mood right now....

If some of you out there are like me and you are still on the standard Quonset Hut..... click on the User Control Panel and then find.... the style that you want... right under the " language" I think. Its alot of fun to try them all out and find the one that you feel the most comfortable with. For summer I believe I am sticking with the subsilver2 design just because its misty and cool looking,,,,

But I do like the RED.... alot.....

What a wonderful thing it is to have a choice like this. Thank you Tom! And you did such wonderful renditions of the Resolute, Words are just not enough! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sun May 29, 2011 3:45 pm

And another idea that I need your input on.

You know how very difficult it is to keep folks on track .... especially when that wonderful " brainstorming " mode takes over. The subject of the conversation can go almost anywhere.

For some of these discussions I am going to suggest that we try to place them on a sort of " arbor" that is designed in ten year sections. No matter what the subject is... if there is a date involved at all then I suggest that we place that conversation in the appropriate section ( say, for example.... the fifties...)

And it might be... as JD has mentioned that " Only Time Will Tell"
That we might see something if the information is arranged like this that we may never have seen otherwise.

Just a thought, Just working on it now. Thoughts? Pro? Con? Alternate? Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Radomir » Mon May 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Some amount of straying from the main topic may happen, and as we have discussed creating a structure around which to hang the content of our discussions makes sense. If there are one or more areas such as 'random,' 'Ask Again Later,' or 'Time will Tell' might be good parking areas for things that are too tangential but still worth preserving for later. Folks can be encouraged to post there with that sort of content.
Radomir
Historian

Postby tbeale » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:30 pm

One question I have had about the board, and maybe it's something that should be clarified, or explained or maybe even explored is "What is the goal of the Quonset Hut/Resolute?" or "What is it that this community is trying to accomplish?".

Are we trying to figure out what Townsend was really up to?
Are we trying to improve public awareness on the topic of UFOs?
Are we trying to expose conspiracies?
Are we seeking answers to life's fundamental mysteries?
Are we hoping to educate people on the realities of science?
Or is this really just a social site for free thinkers?

I suspect the answer is "all of the above", although some members fall into some categories while other fall into other categories. One of the challenges facing this board is keeping the discussions on track. I wonder if part of the issue is that we all see the goal of the discussions in a different light. Don't get me wrong... there is an amazing collection of eclectic interests and talent here and that's what makes this board what it is. But it also makes for some confusion. What one user may post as an honest attempt to enlighten another user can be seen as an attack on their point of view. It's kind of like a ouija board... we're all trying to pull the discussions back on track, we're just pulling in different directions.
TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 pm

An excellent point tbeale, and not easily answered other than the quick..." all of the above!!!

I think each one of us has to think seriously about what we are looking for here.

And whatever that answer is..... is a valid goal for the Resolute in her discussions.

I see us as a group of windchimes with a different tone for each of us .... the object for me is to place this ship in a situation where the wind will hit each one of us and allow us to contribute what we can. The music of the Universe in a way. Difficult to explain and music that can not be ordered up or contained. And THAT does make it difficult here because we are all different and those visiting us are wildly different... what one is looking for and is satisfied with will make no sense whatsoever to the rest of us.

My major agenda is to gather a group of talented people together so that we can " brainstorm" together.

I am filled with the solid impression that if that happens many ideas and concepts will have an opportunity to bubble to the surface.. I want us to be there for those bubbles so that others can experience them and be enriched by them.

We are not just a social club because at times I expect this is going to be serious and hard work.... but if we don't get on well together and learn from each other and appreciate each other.... why be here.... its the now moment that is so important to many of us.

And for me I am simply following the urge to not let my Dads work and the efforts of those around him for all of those years go unrecognized. I fight against the " eraser" for them because they deserve their " chalk marks " to remain. Thats basically what got me started here and I seem not to be finished yet.

So I am trying to find out things that I haven't known about my parents and Dads work. I hope that I will be able to help some others in the scientific part of it though personally I have no real interest in that. I know that there are fortunes and careers to be made for those who go in that direction.

Improving awareness of what UFOs are? not so much for me. I never have been much of a "UFOLOGIST".... is that the word that they use. It just strikes me funny because UFOs are to me just one facet of something so much more vast.

I consider that our ability to understand our own REALITY is the most important thing here and I believe that we are still living very much like newborn pups with our eyes closed. We will never be able to develop into our fullest human potential until our eyes open and we see what has been there all along. Maybe I just want a hand in that process. Thats my agenda.

A wonderful topic Tom.... tell me.... do you see as an important reason to be here> Maybe its something that I haven't even considered yet. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby tbeale » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:10 pm

I've always been fascinated with technical evolution so speculation of near-future changes in the way we live and work is high on my list. Not so much as what the new tech is, but how it will affect our lives. For instance if anti-grav became commercially available, how would that change our daily lives? Would we finally get the flying cars we've been dreaming about? If so, how would we deal with traffic and the reality that a car could come dropping out of the sky at any time? How would it change architecture? Would the suburbs move even further from cities, maybe becoming rural communities of people who commute hundreds of miles? Would the gulf between the haves and have-nots get wider or narrower?

Also, getting others' take on how all this relates to the big picture is very eye-opening. It's amazing how different people's viewpoints can be yet still fundamentally the same. That's probably the single most powerful thing about this board is that people chime in with completely different views on what the facts mean. I don't think that any of us is right, but that the truth lies somewhere between us.
TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:25 pm

We are the moment between the chalk and the Eraser! The truth lies somewhere between all of us!

And thats one of the main reasons that this discussion board is so important to me and I hope to others... we have so much to talk about! For example.... everything that you have mentioned here I think is of vast importance..... I am looking forward to all of it so much.

While writing " The Good-Bye Man" I was accutely aware of the feeling that Jan and I were sort of going down the hallway of our words.... trying so hard to maintain the proper point of view... to tell the story as simply as we possibly could because of course the book had to be tightly organized.... so in a way the feeling was that while we were doing our job and going dutifully down the hallway we were also opening doors that we would come across. We couldn't open them wide and go into the room to investigate but at least we could leave them ajar and hope that someone else reading our so carefully structured words would see those door, note that we had opened them and go in and REALLY investigate. And maybe while they were doing that they might be able to come to the Resolute to talk about what they had found or what they though after that experience.

So Tom.... thats yet another reason for this discussion Group.... to further investigate things that we could not. So much fun!!!!! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:53 pm

There will slowly be some changes here where the conversations will be shifted from the "HUT" to the "Resolute".... so if you have posted something and it seems to have shifted just bear with us...

Except for things that were posted by mistake or the activity of bots nothing here will be erased... Its just that we are in the process of setting up the proper and most advantageous channels for this information.

Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Next

Return to The Resolute Archives