Bots, Bots........ Yiles!

This forum is limited to password only. To obtain the password, you must be a member and agree to the conditions for access

Bots, Bots........ Yiles!

Postby TheTraveler » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 am

Greetings forum members.

We have had a recent Bot attack and accidentally allowed some un-savory users onto our forums. We have banned these wayward souls to stop posts that are not appropriate for our site. If I have accidentally Banned you from the site, please send me a note and I will restore you to the active user list!

Thanks for your understanding

The Traveler
The Traveler
------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted. And not everything that can be counted, counts"
TheTraveler
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Bots, Bots........ Yiles!

Postby PeeTee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:19 pm

TheTraveler wrote:Greetings forum members.

We have had a recent Bot attack and accidentally allowed some un-savory users onto our forums. We have banned these wayward souls to stop posts that are not appropriate for our site. If I have accidentally Banned you from the site, please send me a note and I will restore you to the active user list!

Thanks for your understanding

The Traveler

Thank you Travellor for your vigilance.

Please, can you send me a copy of the image of the resolute "sailing in the night" .....
That would be the one you just removed and replaced with the "blue waters" background which both Linda and I are fond of .

I would like to use the old "sailing in the moonlight" image on another website if possible.

Peetee le Trickfox
PeeTee
The Trickfox

Postby tbeale » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Actually, it's still there if you switch to the "Quonset Hut" theme, or just sign out, you should see it.

I don't have a problem with your using the image so long as Linda (or whoever is managing that kind of stuff on this site) has no objections.

The image in the masthead is a composite (put together by the browser) of the background, the ship and the title, so I'll need to generate a single image. Also, the image is quite wide (around 2500 pixels or so). so if you need a specific size (or file type), please let me know.

Tom
TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 pm

Tom.... I will talk to PeeTee about the use of the image....I know how much work you put into it and really am feeling very protective of that image because it is the very essence of what the Resolute is all about.... So I am inclined to keep it for ourselves and not share it.

PeeTee... we will talk on the phone.... but I hope that you would understand if I would like to keep that image exclusively ours for as long as possible. I appreciate your need for something similar and I will call you tomorrow and we can talk about it OK? Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm

This is a note to some of our slavic posters who give us no idea what their subject is... not bothering to post in English. I have taken the stance that if you do not bother to translate to properly introduce yourself I do not have to refrain from deleting your post.

If you were serious and not just selling your own wares then get back to me. or Jan and we will work with you, Otherwise, thankyou but no thankyou.... A sentiment that jan has already expressed in her blog HONK IF YOU KNOW TOWNSEND.

Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby PeeTee » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:43 pm

What we really need is our own webot to filter these bozos away right after their first post. I would rather ask specific targeted individuals to visit and "post their wears" on here after they give real opinions of the ongoing controversy.

Peetee Le Trickfox.

By the way I have a fresh new promotional package for the Psychopropulsor, and if anyone is interested it has the new thirteenth astrological sign IN IT.
http://www.psychopropulseur.com/Zodiac.jpg
PeeTee
The Trickfox

Postby tbeale » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:40 pm

I'd be interested in a plasma rifle (in the 40-watt range)
TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Re: Bots, Bots........ YiKes!

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:33 am

Yea! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby PeeTee » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 am

tbeale wrote:I'd be interested in a plasma rifle (in the 40-watt range)

You Know ....I Don't appreciate that comment about building more ARMS......Is that what everyone wants of me!!!!!~ :cry:

Look, I have only a "Fox-chaser" as a "Weapon".... it chases away teen agers from an area you need them to keep away from or "hang-out unlawfully". the device generates Ultrasonic Electrostatic pulses which "unfortunately" unfairly targets young boys and girls between 12-19, - and the pulses of the "fox-chaser" drives them away, (along with most any vermin and wild animals like dear who eat crops)

Legally, It is just a "heat detector" based siren made to chase unwanted animals away from a specific area. (the youth chasing part is simply unavoidable)

Now I know you want me to make Rail Guns, and other stuff that goes boom,
but The Fox-Chaser is the most violent war tool I will ever be part of anymore....We can't fight anymore, so we make loud noises instead. (Remember Noriega?)

I am serious about making our own Security Guard Robot to monitor the new unwanted individuals who are registering
AFTER it becomes obvious they have agendas.....
Right at the moment, -I think we are getting along fine with the moderators and the way the website forum is being handled. I will post a repeat warning about "Microsoft-based" web-management agendas
Peetee le Trickfox
PeeTee
The Trickfox

Postby PeeTee » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:53 am

We need Magic Bill to start posting again too!!!

I'll Poke him...
Peetee
Le
Trickfox
8-)
PeeTee
The Trickfox

Next

Return to The Resolute Archives