Bots, Bots........ Yiles!

This forum is limited to password only. To obtain the password, you must be a member and agree to the conditions for access

Re: Bots, Bots........ Yiles!

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

PeeTee.... ask him how his garden is going and remind him that when he can it would be nice to hear from him... remember the Crew Quarters where we have the whole place to talk about receipes and gardening!

I could use that fox chaser on a couple of local coyotes around here.

I just planted squash, tomatoes, yellow peppers and mint ( just for the fun and the aroma when it gets wet in the garden!!) Doggies are not always a big help, Being terriers their basic response is.... You WANT a hole??????? <g> Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 am

Hey, for all of you prospective newcomers... better speak up fast so that I know you are not just an automated thing! I am getting quick with these deletions! So speak fast because the next thing you hear if you don't is your own splash. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Sorry Tom for splashing your comment too but I couldn't get rid of the Russian post without taking yours along for the ride. And it is irritating that they must think that we would be interested enough in whatever they are selling to go to the trouble of translating it.
And throwing these guys overboard is a chore
But... I think I would rather have the forum easier to get to.... than so difficult to get in that no REAL forum member gets a chance to get past the wall.

Besides I am getting to enjoy the sound of the splash... as I said before. <g> Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby tbeale » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:12 pm

No problem... It wasn't like that comment was serious or anything. I hate spam too.
TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am

Whoever it was who removed that last surge of spam.... just now... I thank you very much. There were a whole slew of them but when I went to delete them they were already gone.
So..... whoever you were.... thank you. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby PilotDave » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Whats up with that? I was up all night with the poison ivy itches,
trying to compose some responses. It seemed like there was a bunch of spam
that came on about 4-6:00 AM cst. some was foreign language, but some was
clearly english spam, when they put their location "spamville" and then in the body,
ask that their account be deleated, makes you wonder what's going on.
Dave
PilotDave
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Well... I am glad that you were witness to that. I was beginning to think that it was my imagination. Again then I say... to those spam eliminators. Thank you because it was getting to me.

How are you doing Dave. I so feel for you. The last bout I had with Poison Oak was on Catalina Island when my horse was being a snot and I snapped off a handy little switch to make an attitude adjustment. Shadetree got off lighter than I did because it was a poison oak branch. Of course I realized it right away but it was too late and got in between the web of my fingers. Lousy stuff. Hope you are nearly over the suffering.

They called the Seminoles peaceful Indians in the Everglades and their solution to the encroaching military presence in Florida was to simply move further into the swamp but on the occasion that they really wanted to make an impression on you they stripped a certain swamp tree of its bark and then tied the interloper too it. Nasty. I don't think that they ever signed a peace treaty with the government either which always really impressed me. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Jan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

Spam. Exactly why I don't want to be an admin or moderator, thank you veddy much. It buried me alive.

But, for the record, Jim implemented a question and answer system that seemed to help eliminate the worst of them. It was cumbersome though, even for me, when I locked myself out. I couldn't answer one of the questions. (BLUSH)

So,Unless you can make the questions multiple choice, they have to be broad and obvious questions, like What was Townsend's first name?

As to the other forum problem that's going on in public view right now.... I know that it's supposed to be good PR to have fat membership roles and yada-yada but I'm not much for false ra-ra. All I know is whether or not the eye balls pass calibration, and you can't get that on line. (For the record, so far, all the "Hutters'," (as Dennis liked to call us) eyeballs have checked out fine.)

I want to thank you publicly, Maestro Beale, for the beautiful graphic images. And Thank you, 'Philo' for finding the oh-so-lovely rose galaxy image behind the ship.

rose/Jan
Jan
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby tbeale » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:17 am

Awwww, Gawrsh...

TBeale
In the face of ignorance, we must make assumptions
tbeale
Lt. Commander

Postby PilotDave » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 am

I hit the members button on top for the first time, and see that I have 2 accounts.
I would like to delete the one I don't use, and I need to change my e-mail
on the account I do use. How do I go about that?

Dave

Oh and If you go to the begining of new members for the start of this month
looks like a big spam surge starting june 1
PilotDave
Petty Officer 1st Class

PreviousNext

Return to The Resolute Archives