A bit about copyright

The further discussions of Science and Technology from T. T. Brown's work through today's breakthroughs and continuing research.

A bit about copyright

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:46 pm

I recently banned access to this site for Linda Brown for 24 hours. Linda was copying work done by a member of this forum onto her forum, The Cosmic - Token. As to her copying my posts, I really don't care but when a member puts up posts that involved work and time to put together than that is a copyright violation. It is specifically stated that all post become the property of the site owners and there is a fiduciary responsibility in that agreement to protect that property.

A legal announcement has been up for all to see since "Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:08 am". At that time, there was discussion about this announcement by none other than Linda herself. The announcement specifically states the following:

"This site is protected by law for its copyrighted content and no parts may be copied or used in whole or in part by anyone without the expressed written permission of the copyright holder(s)."

It states "in whole or in part". That means that if someone takes so much as a sentence it is a copyright violation. I have been lenient with this since it has always been my posts taken which essentially were meaningless comments that only Linda appeared to care about. However, when two members of this forum see their work hijacked without permission that is wrong. When those hijacked posts are then presented on a second forum and only in part and further presented as ongoing work at the Cosmic - Token with a URL to view and with only a casual mention that they came from "TTownsendBrown.com", that is a fraud as well as a violation.

The responsible party for this site is myself and Kim. If someone wanted to sue for content on this site then her and I would be legally responsible. That means, that if someone wished to sue then they would have to sue Kim and I. Now with this in mind I am giving fair warning to anyone who will take a members posts from the Analysis section without permission for they are in violation of copyright laws. The persons responsible for any site that holds those post are legally responsible for the copyright infringement along with the person who copies.

Copy all you want Linda but when it comes to a members hard worked posts and research, I have a fiduciary responsibility to protect that information for that is the property of the site holder.

This applies to anyone, the announcement is there for any guest to read as well.

This is fair warning.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: A bit about copyright

Postby FM No Static At All » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

So I gather that no one asked nor received permission? And something else regarding removing the reference to the original source?
Fred a.k.a.
FM No Static at All

Fix America - The Patriot Way!
Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...
-Thomas Jefferson (The Declaration of Independence)
FM No Static At All
Commander

Location: Ending the reign of terror called the Federal Reserve System

Return to Conversations in the Hut