The Good Bye Man

The further discussions of Science and Technology from T. T. Brown's work through today's breakthroughs and continuing research.

The Good Bye Man

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 am

As a service to those that may have purchased Linda's book co-authored by Jan Lofton, I offer this.

Token wrote:The Good-Bye Man is "unpublished"
Postby Linda Brown » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 am

Jan and I have withdrawn our effort " The Good-Bye Man" from the market through Smashwords.

We both felt that the Ebook version served well as a temporary place setting but that the story itself has become dated since developments have disclosed even more valuable information recently..

We felt that this was the time to remove The Good-Bye Man from the market. I knew that we needed to do that when I found myself advising prospective new readers to " wait for awhile" until the expanded version of the story was published.. The new story will enjoy a much larger storyline arc and be much more complete and comprehensive than the first, so removing The Good-Bye Man: from the market seemed the proper thing to do.

For those of you who bought our book.... thank you very much. It may prove an interesting primer for the book that is on its way soon Linda

I have never heard of a book that was published and then taken off the shelves in this manner.

I see a similarity to the publishing of "Defying Gravity". A book that was published as an unfinished manuscript. Is this to imply that the book above was an unfinished manuscript? Is the book being pulled because this new information contradicts what has been written...and published? If that is not the case, then why not just write a sequel and let the first book stand?

Any new information should enhance or clarify what has been written in the first book. Pulling a book from publication or availability as it stands is indicative of a problem with the book, one of veracity perhaps, one of libel or just plain old "we got it wrong". But in any event, it should stand on it's own merit and if wrong, should still be allowed to stand and be used to show how the new information changed the original writing. This will strengthen the veracity of what the writers are presenting in that they are willing to show where their initial information was incorrect and are taking the steps to correct it and most importantly....why they are correcting it.

Pulling the first book off the shelves strongly suggests a meaning that is less than honest.

I wish Jan the best,

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: The Good Bye Man

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 pm

That gives Me the idea to bin the notebooks I have kept for eight years.
Recent developments have rendered them as obvious trash.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Jeeves » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Perhaps it is just, as Brown said, a temporary removal of the story.

The new version will definitely need to be categorized in the science fiction section. With all the information that turned out to be false in the first version, I can't wait to see what will be in the second version. What fantastical adventures await Mr. Brown!

Just Ask Jeeves
Jeeves
Ensign

Postby DavidG » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:00 am

Of course, after reading it the first time, it seemed so magical and even exciting, but now after the charades and tomfoolery attached to its author prime, I must say it is Linda who is doing the world a service by removing it....although underlying reasons are likely at hand for such removal....as they always seem to be with everything done in the realm of the coin based forum.

More lying than at a mattress convention methinks is in there.

Perhaps there are legal pressures being applied from unseen sources?

Perhaps Linda's conscience is festering to the point of feeling a bit of guilt as to the weaving of a web of "mystery and intrigue" in an otherwise boring timeline from her perspective?
Nay.....it appears she has let her conscience, if ever there was any, float into the tide along with the sulfur choked waters of a polluted stream full of dying and rotting menhaden.(yeah, it stinks)

I am fully in agreement with Mikado AND Kevin here.

Tis a shame to see the edifice which clearly could have been monumental in the life of Brown and his daughter, reduced to a mere crumbling foundation of haphazardly placed blocks of inferior materials and construction.
DavidG
Lt. Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:38 am

I am publicly putting this out there in the event that maybe...just maybe...Paul Schatzkin is reading this.

I believe that regardless of Brown's marriage (twice), family relationships, financial relationships, military background, sexual preference, these pertain to his life. The skeletons in his closet and we all have them, his interactions with others, his quirks...all of this makes the man and gives his personality. Some would look at it with approval and some not. There are those who would look upon my life et al in the same manner as would any of us out there.

Does any of that matter in regard to his work? In my book....no. I have always been able to separate a persons personality from their work, simply put. I believe Brown was a genius of sorts. I have read his Structure of Space, his Vega notes and I believe there is a link there. These were given to me by Paul under the direction of Linda. It was Andrew that gave the "Kitselman Math" which I have learned was not done by Kitselman but someone else....I believe he was a Navy contractor that Brown knew. I have known Alcoholics that were brilliant...when they were sober but brilliant none the less. Bloody freakin' genius but with weaknesses as we all have. I have known those that smoked pot who COULD have been brilliant but I will say on an empirical level that it affected their ability for abstract thought.

Brown's Father was not the money man. He married into it. Mary Brown nee Townsend's Father was the money man. It was the Townsend and Burgess family that built the business. After talking with family members on the Townsend side, Brown is not looked at too favorably. I believe that this inability to effectively manage money was inherited by his son, Townsend. It becomes evident in looking at how many times the man moved and used others money to fund his projects or what he solicited to his funders, much like Tesla. The failure of the resort he and Josephine started in the early 30's, the laundry business which I believe from putting together a preponderance of the evidence was a legitimate business to earn a living after failures elsewhere. He operated that while he "worked the circuit" to find someone willing to fund his other projects. He had a very good network of friends and some of them were the right kind of friends to have.

As to his patents, I believe from the evidence, he patented many of his ideas but take a serious look at them. I believe he was more concerned locking up his idea legally more than anything else. Some of his ideas were good ones of which I will not go into in this post or thread.

Anyway, if Paul Schatzkin ever decides to revisit the book and make it into a finished version, I will give him any and all information that I have with contacts names, emails, phone numbrs, site links etc.

I highly doubt he will revisit.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Return to Conversations in the Hut