Reading between the lines

The further discussions of Science and Technology from T. T. Brown's work through today's breakthroughs and continuing research.

Reading between the lines

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 am

An associate has suggested that I start this thread because he says there is much being said with all of these messages that is being missed because the people involved are not really READING and UNDERSTANDING what is being said. OK.... I have no problem with that so here is a better main title and hopefully we all can stay on topic.

Kim.... here is something that you wrote
I find this amusing. When you want info you will use any avenue you have. Now, when you are trying to discredit someone, you will try to make them look like an idiot or even crazy. What people on this or any forum want to think is their own choice. As to talking about the science I haven't seen you write anything here about it yourself. (If you'll remember I have said repeatedly that I really don't understand the science and have never pretended to.) As a matter of fact, most of what you write on the other forum is about Mikado or me. Not much being posted over there, and when it is, it is the same few people. So think about bringing the science back to your homes Linda, if you can.

I have read that over and over and over and the last sentence sort of haunts me."So think about bringing the science back to your homes Linda, if you can.[/color]

Now I can get caught up in talking about what else that whole message says...I could tell you Kim that the reason that you THINK "most" of what we talk about on the Forum is all about you and Mikado and point out to you that is not entirely true because you can not see the rest of the posts, not being a member. But maybe from what you SEE... you are right.... and that of course is what others who are passers by see too... so I give you that. Perhaps I have spent too much time bringing Mikados name up.

You admit to not knowing about the science and I see that your one attempt to start a scientific discussion is still sitting there without any response. Maybe now you will understand how difficult it was for me to constantly flame the fires of discussion here.... Look at the number of posts I had out there Kim.... over 6 thousand. THAT is an emotional investment. Being " permanently banned" after an effort of that magnitude? How did you expect that I would take it.

Reading between the lines? Its a little difficult when most of your words have been.... well.... you read them all again and tell me what they look like..... but your last words here are important and I thank you for them. I am reading between the lines here... and it is more important to " bring the science home".

You are the Hutmaster here yet you admit that you do not understand or appreciate the science. Thats why I started the Cosmic Token. I wanted to be able to talk about my experiences and the things that I did understand .... or had a hope of understanding....all of this advanced science and math is so far beyond me it just gives me a headache.... but I think that you understand that too....thats why I secured the domain name of thomastownsendbrown.com. Its not set up yet but just waiting for the discussions that I know will find it eventually. THAT is HOME Kim for the scientific discussions. You don't want to handle them... and certainly I don't want to. I am just agreeing with you here.

Now if Mikado has plans to use this Forum to promote the work that he has developed on Dads work we will just have to see how that comes about. Nothing that I can do or say on that score. His path has been set by his actions and my responses. Or maybe it was the other way around. What difference does it make.

I encourage you to look at what has happened between all of us and try to sense that there is something bigger than all of us moving beneath us. And it is filled with intent. Do you understand what I am trying to say here? Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Re: Reading between the lines

Postby GManIM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:16 pm

It's like being hit by a bus

Now, (always given that you took good care in crossing the road) it may transpire that:

• The bus was defective
  • The crossing was defective
  • The driver was distracted by a passenger
  • The driver was overtired
  • The driver was unwell
  • The driver was drunk
But the chances are good that none of that will matter much to you. You've just been hit by a bus.
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:33 pm

How about all of the other possibilities

The bus driver was paid to run you over
The bus driver tried to stop but his brake lines were cut
The bus driver was listening to voices in his head that ordered him to run you down, does that fit in with your scenario.
The bus driver swerved to avoid something else, and hit you.....

But like you said.... all that means nothing actually because you still get run down. Doesn't matter what the cause was... the result is what was important......

More thoughts on this GMan? Leaving it a pretty said scenario... so is there hope after being hit by a bus? Or does that not count.... because... you know.... after all, you've just been hit by a bus. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby catspaw1950 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:01 pm

One could be a deaf elderly man and be hit by a train.

Cat
A time just for plantin', a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin'. A place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then, to be close to the earth.
Now the green leaves of summer are callin' me home.
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Then.... was he lucky that he missed his bus? <g> Or maybe..... he never made it to the bus stop..... Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby catspaw1950 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Going by what I've seen of small town Missouri, the railroad tracks provided the most diredt route between Bucklin and Bevier. Bucklin is still no more than a signpost alongside the road. Bevier is small, but does have a few amenities. Gre at-grandpa was still living in Bucklin with Aunt Mary after WWI. He used to walk along the tracks between the towns. One day it didn't work out so well.

Cat
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Walking on railroads can be hazardous to ones health. Maybe its a good idea to be watching the horizon huh? Would your Great-grandfather have been able to see it?... or did it come up from behind him? Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby catspaw1950 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:41 pm

My understanding, as the story ws told to me, was that he was hit from behind. The story says that he was deaf, but how would he not feel the vibrations on the tracks. I used to walk the tracks in high shool. I always felt the vibrations and got off the tracks.

Grimalkin
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby GManIM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:13 am

That's it. No point in agonizing over the cause, it's the effect that matters.

Yes, with the benefit of hindsight and after reviewing the title thread, I realize I should have said "It's like being hit by a train".

Shame edit isn't enabled on this forum. It's much less stressful and I for one don't like to feel stressed
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:43 am

Try using the "Preview" prior to hitting "Submit". I do....several times. If I miss it, oh well.

Just a thought.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Next

Return to Conversations in the Hut