Reading between the lines

The further discussions of Science and Technology from T. T. Brown's work through today's breakthroughs and continuing research.

Re: Reading between the lines

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am

catspaw1950 wrote:Curiosity speaking here. Linda's relationship with Dave, while married to George, has been mentioned more than once. I f you don't want to be a party to it, why did you let yourself be used as a conduit? And as for condemning her actions, are you the marriage police along with whatever else you have happening?

Cat

This is a good question.

Let's jump into Mr. Peabody's "Way back Machine".

When I first spoke to Dave on March 17, 2010, Linda's concern was if he was alright. There was never any mention of an affair beginning. Through out the months leading up to June, when Linda was supposed to come out this way, I slowly became friends with Dave. I arranged for them to meet and invited Dave to the Devon horseshow and he accepted. I further asked him if he would be interested in going away for a weekend where there was to be a meeting with some individuals. Now this all started out innocent enough until Linda came here.

When they first met here on the farm, Linda's first words to him were - "Do you remember me?". (As a side note, why would she ask Morgan that?) From that point on I believed it to be two old friends reacquainting themselves. Whatever happened...happened. Linda is a big girl and can make her own decisions as well as Dave. I believed that it was nothing more than that and the two would part with Linda going home and Dave here.....3,000 miles apart.

However, it did not end there. Dave was asked to come to Vegas in August...no problem....not my concern..still. Afterall, it was a meeting to discuss with individuals the direction the Hut would take among some other items such as publicity for the book. Then they were making plans for Linda to come and live in the east. Houses were looked at in West Virginia in October of that year and later, elsewhere. In fact, just this past July they were looking around the Ozarks.

You must remember, the relationship was that I looked to Linda as a sister, we were that close or so I thought. I wanted her to make a decision. Sometimes, when someone loves another and cares about them, they will do things that they don't necessarily agree with but they still do it. That doesn't absolve them from any wrong doing for they are an accomplish to it.

Linda would tell George that she was at meetings and put me on the phone to talk with him and thus make the ruse that much more believable. She even did it at McDonald's in July and I went along with it for I thought that we came to terms in that we would STOP poking at each other for it was counterproductive for the both of us. I was wrong and if I were to do so again, I would not take the phone.

Does that make me the marriage police? No, it doesn't. Kim was the first to talk about it, not I. There were times I talked to Linda about it and that is why I told her of what I did 17 years ago in 1994. I believed I communicated with her in a manner of "been there, done that" and let her see the lessons learned but it fell on deaf ears.

In short, I did it because I loved her as a sister and friends don't abandon friends....even if it is to bury the bodies...<g>

As to your other statement - "along with whatever else you have happening?" - I don't follow it, could you explain a bit better?

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby catspaw1950 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:14 pm

"Whatever else you have happening," is simply an all inclusive term for your activities of daily life. Eat, sleep, breathe, work, scarf down snickerdoodles. No hidden meanings.

Cat
A time just for plantin', a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin'. A place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then, to be close to the earth.
Now the green leaves of summer are callin' me home.
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:26 pm

AAHHHHH...I see.

Gave the snickerdoodles up for a while. I am now onto other things like.....Doritos Nacho Cheese, Andes peppermints, Lance crackers and of course....Christmas candies and I can't forget to mentions Lays Chips.

All of the above in moderation mind you...<g>

Mikado....did I mention the Queen Anne cordial cherries?
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Linda Brown
Commander

Postby catspaw1950 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Mikado14 wrote:AAHHHHH...I see.

Gave the snickerdoodles up for a while. I am now onto other things like.....Doritos Nacho Cheese, Andes peppermints, Lance crackers and of course....Christmas candies and I can't forget to mentions Lays Chips.

Define moderation. Are you trying for another heart attack?

Nurse Cat
A time just for plantin', a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin'. A place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then, to be close to the earth.
Now the green leaves of summer are callin' me home.
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:19 pm

catspaw1950 wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:AAHHHHH...I see.

Define moderation. Are you trying for another heart attack?

Nurse Cat

Moderation to me is that I buy one steak on Sunday and divide it into two, I will eat half then and the other half on Thursday, it is usually about 16 oz of meat. The Doritos I buy a bag, not a family and I take some to work everday in a sandwich bag. The Andes I am still working on the same bag from Thanksgiving and the Lance crackers are usually the peanut butter and cheese or the cheese and cheese and I will eat two packs a day only when at work for some energy.

Now the Chips usually are about a 40 oz bag every 10 days to 14 days and the cordial cherries I only eat at the holidays and that will be about 10 of them...I stretch them bad boys out as long as I can...<g>

The heart attack was found to be a cardiac arrest that was stress related. Since Linda has put out certain information about my home it shouldn't be so hard to see how it happened.

Moderation is a drag at times...<g>

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:16 pm

I understand that the hobbit has made another reference of "The Mikado"......again. I won't explain, again, how I was given the name but if the hobbit insist that I chose the name so be it.

Then I say he chose his name wisely which is the only wise thing he has ever done....."Hobbididance, prince of dumbness".

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Previous

Return to Conversations in the Hut