Overunity Devices

The further discussions of Science and Technology from T. T. Brown's work through today's breakthroughs and continuing research.

Overunity Devices

Postby htmagic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Folks,

I ran across this again after seeing it a long time ago. This hot water heater is supposedly "overunity". In other words, its output is 170% greater than the input.
An electric motor drives the rotor filled with holes, more like round pockets.

http://youtu.be/yh_-DUKQ4Uw

What is occurring is cavitation, which also occurs in pumps and ship propellers. Now cavitation is normally not desired as it can damage steel propellers and pump impellers. But here it can produce hot water or steam. But is there something else going on here? We have rotational flow which can counteract gravity and interact with the aether which is supposedly a vortex type flow.

Now I wonder if the folks that measured the input also measured the starting current of the motor and figured this in to their calculations? From recently buying an emergency generator, I can tell you that the starting current may be double or triple that of the normal motor operating current.

Thoughts, anyone?
MagicBill

Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
The Alchemist

Re: Overunity Devices

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 am

htmagic wrote:Folks,

I ran across this again after seeing it a long time ago. This hot water heater is supposedly "overunity". In other words, its output is 170% greater than the input.
An electric motor drives the rotor filled with holes, more like round pockets.

http://youtu.be/yh_-DUKQ4Uw

What is occurring is cavitation, which also occurs in pumps and ship propellers. Now cavitation is normally not desired as it can damage steel propellers and pump impellers. But here it can produce hot water or steam. But is there something else going on here? We have rotational flow which can counteract gravity and interact with the aether which is supposedly a vortex type flow.

Now I wonder if the folks that measured the input also measured the starting current of the motor and figured this in to their calculations? From recently buying an emergency generator, I can tell you that the starting current may be double or triple that of the normal motor operating current.

Thoughts, anyone?

Hello Mr. Magic,

I am currently involved with a project that involves pistolization. This is being used to desalinate and breakdown impurities in water, primarily, fracking fluid. It is not overunity but does involve cavitation.

As to starting current, it is a momentary thing to consider but it must be considered none the less but then, don't forget the operating current of that same motor, perhaps in any device that will overcome the aether, it will require an initial input to create the reaction but then from that point on it is all downhill.

Interesting things to think about.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby htmagic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Mikado14 wrote:<SNIP>

Hello Mr. Magic,

I am currently involved with a project that involves pistolization. This is being used to desalinate and breakdown impurities in water, primarily, fracking fluid. It is not overunity but does involve cavitation.

As to starting current, it is a momentary thing to consider but it must be considered none the less but then, don't forget the operating current of that same motor, perhaps in any device that will overcome the aether, it will require an initial input to create the reaction but then from that point on it is all downhill.

Interesting things to think about.

Mikado

Mikado,

Yes, the instantaneous starting current is what I'm talking about. It is one thing to measure the current of the motor once it has reached normal speed but most forget that the instantaneous starting current can be 3 times that of the normal current, depending upon the starter capacitor.

Pistolization? I can't say I've ever heard that term before. One could say that you're talking about guns but I know better. I do not trust fracking because indiscriminate use could lead to groundwater contamination.

The cavitation heater reminds me of some of the apparatus that John Worrel Keely developed, although Keely was more involved in acoustics. But cavitation could be considered a supersonic effect. From a fluid dynamics standpoint, that is...
MagicBill

htmagic
The Alchemist

Postby htmagic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Folks,

The following article is an interesting discussion from Nikola Tesla which lead to the development of his cosmic ray motor. Some might say it is overunity but it really is harnessing energy from the sun.

http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=835 wrote:70% of the Sun’s radiant energy penetrates the Earth’s atmosphere. 30% is reflected by the atmosphere. The Sun’s radiant energy exists day and night, 24/7, 365 days a year, for billions of years. It is the only source of energy we will need to live out the rest of our lives and the entire life cycle of our descendants for billions of years.

Brooklyn Eagle – July 10, 1932 “I have harnessed the cosmic rays and caused them to operate a motive device. … I have advanced a theory of the cosmic rays and at every step of my investigations I have found it completely justified. The attractive features of the cosmic rays is their constancy. They shower down on us throughout the whole 24 hours, and if a [power] plant is developed to use their power it will not require devices for storing energy as would be necessary with devices using wind, tide or sunlight. All of my investigations seem to point to the conclusion that they are small particles, each carrying so small a charge that we are justified in calling them neutrons. They move with great velocity, exceeding that of light. More than 25 years ago I began my efforts to harness the cosmic rays and I can now state that I have succeeded in operating a motive device by means of them. I will tell you in the most general way, the cosmic ray ionizes the air, setting free many charged ions and electrons. These charges are captured in a condenser [capacitor] which is made to discharge through the circuit of the motor. I have hopes of building my motor on a large scale, but circumstances have not been favorable to carrying out my plan.” ~ Nikola Tesla states:

Further development of harnessing the cosmic rays to power motors was stopped by J. P. Morgan – an American financier and banker who dominated corporate finance and industrial consolidation during his time. In 1892 Morgan arranged the merger of Edison General Electric and Thomson-Houston Electric Company to form General Electric. After financing the creation of the Federal Steel Company he merged the Carnegie Steel Company and several other steel and iron businesses to form the United States Steel Corporation in 1901. A few years later Morgan initiated the economic panic in 1907 by circulating rumors that the Knickerbocker Bank and Trust Co. of America was going broke. This action by Morgan caused a run on the banks creating a financial crisis which began to solidify support for a central banking system – the creation of the Federal Reserve.

There is more and I'll not repeat the entire site here but it goes on to state:

Tesla’s first radiant energy receiver stored static electricity obtained from the air and converted it to a usable form. Tesla’s invention is a simple version of T.H. Moray’s device. Moray’s device used a unique rectifier (RE-valve) to efficiently capture the static electricity from the surrounding air. Moray’s oscillator tubes (magnetron transducers) utilized this high-voltage energy to generate an internal secondary “cold” fusion reaction.

Stick an antenna up in the air, the higher the better, and wire it to one side of a capacitor, the other going to a good earth ground, and the potential difference will then charge the capacitor. Connect across the capacitor some sort of switching device so that it can be discharged at rhythmic intervals, and you have an oscillating electric output. T.H. Moray simply expanded on Tesla’s idea to use high-voltage to create ionic oscillation.

Tesla’s free-energy concept was patented in 1901 as an “Apparatus for the Utilization of Radiant Energy.”( http://keelynet.com/tesla/00685957.pdf) The patent refers to “the sun, as well as other sources of radiant energy, like cosmic rays,” that the device works at night is explained in terms of the night-time availability of cosmic rays. Tesla also refers to the ground as “a vast reservoir of negative electricity.”

And finally,

Philadelphia Public Ledger
November 2, 1933
Tesla ‘Harnesses’ Cosmic Energy

Inventor announces discovery to displace fuel in driving machinery. Calls Sun main source. A principle by which power for driving machinery of the world may be developed from the cosmic energy which operates the universe, has been discovered by Nikola Tesla, noted physicist and inventor of scientific devices, he announced today. This principle, which taps a source of power described as “everywhere present in unlimited quantities” and which may be transmitted by wire or wireless from central plants to any part of the globe, will eliminate the need of coal, oil, gas or any other of the common fuels, he said. Dr. Tesla in a statement today at his hotel indicated the time was not far distant when the principle would be ready for practical commercial development. Asked whether the sudden introduction of his principle would upset the present economic system, Dr. Tesla replied, “It is badly upset already.” He added that now as never before was the time ripe for the development of new resources. While in its present form, the theory calls for the development of energy in central plants requiring vast machinery. Dr. Tesla said he might be able to work out a plan for its use by individuals. The central source of cosmic energy for the earth is the Sun, Dr. Tesla said, but “night will not interrupt the flow of new power supply.”

Clearly Tesla is not talking about an atomic reactor. He is directly converting ionized particles generated by radiant matter. It is not nuclear energy as we know it today. Radiant Energy is directly converted to electrical power! Tesla believed that the Sun generates highly charged particles and that radiant matter is a re-transmitter of energy, it is this transfer of energy that could be used for practical purposes.
MagicBill

htmagic
The Alchemist

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

I especially liked this article:

htmagic wrote:
November 2, 1933

Inventor announces discovery to displace fuel in driving machinery. Calls Sun main source. A principle by which power for driving machinery of the world may be developed from the cosmic energy which operates the universe, has been discovered by Nikola Tesla, noted physicist and inventor of scientific devices, he announced today. This principle, which taps a source of power described as “everywhere present in unlimited quantities” and which may be transmitted by wire or wireless from central plants to any part of the globe, will eliminate the need of coal, oil, gas or any other of the common fuels, he said. Dr. Tesla in a statement today at his hotel indicated the time was not far distant when the principle would be ready for practical commercial development. Asked whether the sudden introduction of his principle would upset the present economic system, Dr. Tesla replied, “It is badly upset already.” He added that now as never before was the time ripe for the development of new resources. While in its present form, the theory calls for the development of energy in central plants requiring vast machinery. Dr. Tesla said he might be able to work out a plan for its use by individuals. The central source of cosmic energy for the earth is the Sun, Dr. Tesla said, but “night will not interrupt the flow of new power supply.”

Clearly Tesla is not talking about an atomic reactor. He is directly converting ionized particles generated by radiant matter. It is not nuclear energy as we know it today. Radiant Energy is directly converted to electrical power! Tesla believed that the Sun generates highly charged particles and that radiant matter is a re-transmitter of energy, it is this transfer of energy that could be used for practical purposes.

...this part especially: "“night will not interrupt the flow of new power supply.”".

...guess it isn't photovoltaics so it must be something else. Anyone care to wager a thought?

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby htmagic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

Mikado14 wrote:I especially liked this article:

htmagic wrote:
November 2, 1933

Inventor announces discovery to displace fuel in driving machinery. Calls Sun main source. A principle by which power for driving machinery of the world may be developed from the cosmic energy which operates the universe, has been discovered by Nikola Tesla, noted physicist and inventor of scientific devices, he announced today.
<SNIP>

...this part especially: "“night will not interrupt the flow of new power supply.”".

...guess it isn't photovoltaics so it must be something else. Anyone care to wager a thought?

Mikado

Mikado,

I believe the article made the point. Tesla said it was cosmic rays. He also said that he believed they were neutrinos. Although neutrinos do not have a charge. But Tesla believed they could induce a charge. Now the article also said that Tesla produced an early Moray receiver.

Looking at Moray, we have:
http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=5279 wrote:Enough energy is coming to the Earth to light one million, one hundred ninety-three thousand, six hundred, (1,193,600) one hundred-watt lamps for every human being on the earth today. No fossil fuel of any kind will ever have to be be taken as a dead load for this infinite supply of energy can be “picked-up” direct by great ocean liners, railroads, airplanes, automobiles or any form of transportation. No fossil fuel of any kind will ever be needed again to supply the energy needed to heat, light and power any buildings or to pump water on the desert lands, farmers’ fields, or to our kitchens and baths. This infinite and free energy source can be harnessed with equipment of only a fraction of the weight of any steam, coal, gas, or nuclear power plant or any kind of fossil fuel combustion engine in use today and at a fraction of the cost. A wild dream? This is not a dream, nor a fairytale or falsehood. This infinite and free energy is a proven, practical reality as hundreds of people know who have witnessed the T. HENRY MORAY Radiant Energy equipment. Powered from the cosmos!

“The amount of light and heat (radiant energy) received by the earth from the sun is enormous. On the square yard exposed perpendicularly to the sun’s rays radiant energy is received at the rate of one and one-half horsepower. The average rate for the earth through the periods of darkness as well as of light is three-eights of a horsepower per square yard. This means that 300 horsepower are received on a building 50×150 feet in dimensions. Our planet is receiving energy at the rate of 160,000 horsepower per inhabitant of the earth at the present time. “The earth receives but an insignificant fraction of the energy the sun radiates: only about one-two-billionth.” “The Advance of Science,” by Watson Davis, Director, Science Service, Washington, 1934. Cosmic Rays bombard the earth from outer space every second of the day and night. They penetrate everything including our own bodies. They carry the mightiest packet of energy yet known to science. They give rise to bursts of material particles.

Can this free and infinite radiant energy be harnessed? Yes. It was done 80 years ago (1932) and can be done today. 80 years ago Dr Moray erected an aerial (antenna) about two hundred feet long and is about eighty feet above the ground. The aerial wire was a copper cable approximately a fourth inch in diameter, and well insulated. The ground was a water pipe in tile basement of Dr. Moray’s home.

The device was assembled in a trunk. Through the sides were holes for the connections to ground and to the antenna and for observation; the said holes were about one-half inch in diameter. There were two boxes about twenty by four inches, one on top of the other; both were closed and the covers fastened with screws. On the upper box was lying an insulated panel about an inch thick by fifteen inches long and three inches wide; it is of slate or hard rubber or some material of similar appearance. On this were two binding posts that were connectible by means of a small switch; also mounted on this panel is a body about two and one-half inches square, wrapped in friction tape, front which protrude two poles about one-fourth inch in diameter, apparently of soft iron. A double receptacle for light globes (bulbs) was connected in the circuit, in one of which was a twenty watt globe (light bulb), and in the other a hundred watt globe (light bulb).

The tile trunk was examined to see if there were any connections other than the antenna and the ground, but found none. The small switch above mentioned was thrown several times, but without result; the connections to ground antenna were also removed, also without result.

Dr. Moray then took a magnet, which was a very broad, short limped U, and began to stroke one hole of it in the polls in the taped body; M. Jensen placed his fingers on the binding posts several times, and at last received a rather vigorous shock; Dr. Moray then threw the switch and the globes lighted. When the switch was opened the lights went off and came on again when the switch was closed. Removing either the ground or the antenna connection caused the lights to go out, but they came on again as soon as the connection was re-established. The time of excitation was ten minutes, and the lights came on at 7:59 a.m., October first.

The trunk was then closed and sealed with railroad car seals, and the numbers on the seals were recorded by Mr. Jensen. Each morning and night up to the morning of Oct. 4, the seals were inspected and observed that the lights were burning. About 10:30 on this date the detector was jarred out of adjustment by the felling of a heavy tree next to the house.

Now it is clear that Moray used an early type of coherer as the detector. This was an early type of detector described by Wikipedia as:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherer wrote:The coherer was a primitive form of radio signal detector used in the first radio receivers during the wireless telegraphy era at the beginning of the twentieth century. Invented around 1890 by French scientist Édouard Branly, it consisted of a tube or capsule containing two electrodes spaced a small distance apart, with metal filings in the space between them. When a radio frequency signal was applied to the device, the initial high resistance of the filings reduced, allowing an electric current to flow through it. The coherer was a key enabling technology for radio, and was the first device used to detect radio signals in practical spark gap transmitter wireless telegraphy. It became the basis for radio reception around 1900, and remained in widespread use for about ten years. It saw commercial use again briefly in the mid 20th century in a few primitive radio-controlled toys that used spark-gap transmitter controllers.

There are two basic kinds of coherers, the original metal filings type, called the Branly coherer, and a later imperfect junction type.

<SNIP>

Coherence of particles by radio waves is an obscure phenomenon that is not well understood even today. Recent experiments with particle coherers seem to have confirmed the hypothesis that the particles cohere by a micro-weld phenomenon caused by radio frequency electricity flowing across the small contact area between particles. The underlying principle of so-called "imperfect contact" coherers is also not well understood, but may involve a kind of tunneling of charge carriers across an imperfect junction between conductors (emphasis mine).

<SNIP>

The coherer was replaced in receivers by the simpler and more sensitive crystal detector around 1907, and became obsolete.

Tunneling of charge carriers? The original tunnel diode? Anyway, the coherer was the original diode or rectifier which was later replaced by crystal detectors, and then vacuum tubes. Now Tesla's Philadelphia Public Ledger article is dated 1933, whereas T.H. Moray's demonstration was 1934. Now I believe Moray refined what Tesla was doing. And history shows that when one invents something, usually someone else has the same idea.

So how about some thoughts now?
MagicBill

htmagic
The Alchemist

Return to Conversations in the Hut