Wallace Thornhill, an electric universe

Discussions on all the sciences, whether biological to abstract theory

Wallace Thornhill, an electric universe

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:15 am

Here is a link to a youtube video. I received it from Radomir and he mentioned to present if for anyone interested. I haven't watched it yet but plan on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWiBxW ... e=youtu.be

Here is the introduction:

"Published on Aug 16, 2015
In the theoretical sciences, it is commonly assumed that the role of gravity is settled. But as Richard Feynman observed, “There is no model of the theory of gravitation today, other than the mathematical form.” The problem is that mathematics will not account for the essential force in question. And yet, when theorists speculate about the big bang one conjecture is followed by another all building on the supposed supremacy of gravity as the driving force of cosmic evolution. In this talk at the EU2015 conference, Wal Thornhill takes us on a forty-year personal journey to understand the role of gravity in the electric universe.

In an anticipated announcement soon of a re-broadcast of EU2015, we have posted Wal Thornhill's talk as a preview to what can be expected of the full conference. "

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: Wallace Thornhill, an electric universe

Postby kevin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:27 pm

The thunderbolts site is Thornhills.
Todays TPOD is quite apt?
"Wag the dog"
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/daily-tpod/
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby GManIM » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Fantastic stuff. One Force To Rule Them All :)

And finally the neutrino gets a mention! The absence of any mention or reference to the other component in beta reactions was something that put me off visiting the EU website.

Not only is nature simpler than modern science imagines, it is simpler than modern science can imagine. These are exciting times we live in. If we can avoid economic collapse followed by eunuchization and slavery somewhere in the Middle East, we might actually be in with a chance of escaping this cesspit and entering the Next Stage.
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby wags » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:54 am

I am less optimistic G-man, I think we are in retrograde!

The Brexit (Retro 1975), Trump (Retro 1919) and the death cult Daesh, (Retro 700AD) makes one realise that greed and fear can lead to irrational answers and following ideas, people or movements that are xenophobic, intolerant and deadly.

I don't see the Human race ever getting it together cannot even agree on the terms of reference! (What is electricity?)

GManIM wrote:Fantastic stuff. One Force To Rule Them All :)

And finally the neutrino gets a mention! The absence of any mention or reference to the other component in beta reactions was something that put me off visiting the EU website.

Not only is nature simpler than modern science imagines, it is simpler than modern science can imagine. These are exciting times we live in. If we can avoid economic collapse followed by eunuchization and slavery somewhere in the Middle East, we might actually be in with a chance of escaping this cesspit and entering the Next Stage.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby kevin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:09 pm

May the force be with You.
If not goodbye.
To be or not to be that is the question.

The question is what enables any thing to be?
What is electricity?
That little question sent some into a tailspin.
I asked such to see if anyone had actually ever thought such.
I consider it to be the aether ( consciousness, yin and yang )
Manipulated locally to force it to go to earth( where the dominant half of a duality of spin is headed, how humbling is that?
)to enable a meter to be installed in line....pay .

Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby GManIM » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:37 am

Wags: I think that sometimes you have to go backward before you can go forward, wags. Going forwards is only useful if it is taking you to a better place.

Kevin: I don't know what electricity is but I know that we do not actually pay for it; rather we pay for the fuel that drives the generators and the maintenance of the distribution infrastructure. Electricity per se is a (not very efficient) means of getting work from a remote prime mover and extracting siad work locally.

As it appears to be an essential disturbance in the fabric of spacetime, similar to the "onde de cisaillement" or S-wave of seismology, yet we have no real clue as to the nature of that fabric, I would suggest that understanding its essential nature may be beyond our scope at this time. It is as if a bell rings; but we have no real solid notion of whose hand made the bell, from what stuff the bell is made; nor whose hand strikes it. The danger is that we will stop any effort to progress and discovery and sink into something akin to those endless circular mediaeval theological quibblings.
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby wags » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:15 am

Gman,

There is going backwards and repeating the same mistakes of the past. Trump is a mistake and so is Brexit.

The old adage: 'The Government (Establishment) always win'

That rule applies even when the candidate says or appears to be an outsider. Trump for example is just the flip side the same system of political money and corruption that pervades the US system. He bought influence donating to all politicians that makes him an insider. Brexit is a false question as the anonymous will continue to write Laws the question is do you want a monopoly in London or a duopoly.

Oddly I am a IN as it dilutes the power of the Government that always wins!
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Return to Science