Space Weather

Discussions on all the sciences, whether biological to abstract theory

Space Weather

Postby StarCat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 pm

This subject is being addressed across town, as it were. I believe that the posts over there, may contain some inaccuracies. This is based on my research into my dad's work for the United States government from the 1950's into the 1970's. As early as 1959, that I know of, the National Bureau of Standards was tasked with listening to atmospheric noise in remote locations. In 1960, weather satellites were being launched from Cape Canaveral. In 1971, my dad had a long term assignment on the eastern shore of Virginia. Wallops Island launch facility is located there. During the late 60's and early 70's, my dad was employed by ESSA, which was the forerunner of NOAA. I find it difficult to believe that space weather would only now, be a subject of investigation.

This is part memory, part conjecture, and part verifiable history. I will leave it to anyone interested to pursue the subject as they choose.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Re: Space Weather

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Across town? Assuming here that you are not talking about your local town as much as another forum.

I am going out on a limb here to make a stand and a conclusion based upon what research I have done into Brown, both what I have made public and what I haven't, and come to the conclusion that I don't believe your Father and he ever met.

What information I have is that Brown never stayed long enough at any one job very long. IF, and that is a big IF, he was called in, he was quite adept at antenna work which is what he was involved with, from records, at Vega Aircraft. As evidenced from his writings, I believe this is where he discovered certain aspects of Electrogravitics when experimenting with dielectric based antennas. This would be the area whereas your Father and he might have met up. His Electronics Engineering abilities as evidenced by his own notebooks indicate some areas lacking which would indicate that if involved with your Father then your Dad would have done the actual work/design than Brown with Brown providing concepts for he was quite adept at EM radiation. I could go on but it might get a bit off the topic related to your Father but suffice it to say that a satellite might require a smaller antenna than what would be traditionally used as a radiator at the time period you are suggesting.

With that all being said, there are similarities as to moving all the time but I don't see anything that would bring them together, as of yet. Doesn't mean something may not turn up but at this point, I am highly doubtful.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Across town is my own personal euphemism for another forum. I put the topic here for members to peruse or ignore as they wish. It's possible that my dad encountered Brown, or that my uncles did. It isn't important. My family served in WI I and in the Cold War, as cogs, not as heroes. I'm good with that.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby kevin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:17 pm

If one lived in an area subject to high heat and dry periods, and ones father had been heavily involved with ions and such, wouldn't one expect to have local coverage to create rain locally????
http://climateviewer.com/2014/03/26/clo ... ification/
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Return to Science