thoughts on the chemical composition of the dielectric

Phenomena that can't be explained ...... yet.

Re: thoughts on the chemical composition of the dielectric

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:40 am

Antigravitic wrote:Image

For some reason, I came back to look at this. I am not too sure why you are doing the compression and heating in a vacuum. You do not show how you would tighten the clamp bolts while it is under vacuum which then means that you would tighten the clamp prior to putting it under vacuum. So, why the need for vacuum?

Secondly, BaTiO2 is not very good for a High K dielectric. It does have a Higher K than the material you used but usually, from what I know, you are looking at values less than 100.

If you are going to go to the expense of machining a press as you have drawn and fitting the plates with heating elements then why not go the extra mile and use BaTiO3?

Lastly, unless you have access to some information from someone that has done this before, be prepared to make a lot of runs in your kiln for the outcome may give you results that are not conducive to being a good dielectric. One of the issues you need to be concerned with is electrostriction.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby Antigravitic » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:30 am

The temperature of fusion is greatly reduced in empty, the sintering is enhanced by the pressure and temperature, the operating mode is as follows:
1) TiO 2 is deposited on the stainless steel press.
2nd) all screws tightened by torque wrench to identical pressure.

3rd) is introduced into vacuum chamber and the pump is activated.
4th) energy is given to the heating resistors.
5th) by thermocouple sensor sintering temperature is reached 450-500º Centigrade.
6) is maintained for 30 minutes
"...one must first understand the nature, then imitate..."
Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Antigravitic wrote:The temperature of fusion is greatly reduced in empty, the sintering is enhanced by the pressure and temperature, the operating mode is as follows:
1) TiO 2 is deposited on the stainless steel press.
2nd) all screws tightened by torque wrench to identical pressure.

3rd) is introduced into vacuum chamber and the pump is activated.
4th) energy is given to the heating resistors.
5th) by thermocouple sensor sintering temperature is reached 450-500º Centigrade.
6) is maintained for 30 minutes

Something is being lost in the translation.

Here is what I said first:

For some reason, I came back to look at this. I am not too sure why you are doing the compression and heating in a vacuum. You do not show how you would tighten the clamp bolts while it is under vacuum which then means that you would tighten the clamp prior to putting it under vacuum. So, why the need for vacuum?

If you are compressing outside of the vacuum chamber then and therfore, the compression is taking place in the die. If the die is properly made then putting in the vacuum will have no effect.

What is done normally, the ceramic mixture is made and can be put under vacuum to pull any trapped air out of the mixture prior to being put into the compression mold. The vacuum will have not effect after compression if the mold is properly made.

Normally, the mold is fired in a kiln based upon how thick and the composition of the mixture. Time and temperature are critical, How did you come up with 30 minutes?

Sintering, that I am aware of, is usually compression and heat to a point prior to melting of the material to form a solid mass. I have never saw a vacuum implemented and fail to see the need. I think you are going to an expense unnecessarily.

Thirdly, you mentioned stainless steel. Molds that I have seen are just machined from mild steel and then, sometimes, it can be hardened and tempered. You will have to machine the mold for the placement of bonding the heating elements as well.

Lastly, you apparently missed the point about the K factor I mentioned.

Hope the following translates well.

I have been down this road in regards to making ceramic dielectrics. I wish you luck in what you are proposing but I can guarantee that you will not be doing this inexpensively and it will cost you a bit of money. That is why, in the end, we decided to have someone do it for us to our specifications than to make our own and go through a learning process and expense. It was far cheaper to have an established facility manufacture our ceramics. Secondly, after you make the cermics, they will have to be machined to a tolerance if you are going to do perform serious experimentation to establish data sets.

However, if you just want to have fun and experiment then please do so. But remember, if you do achieve something you feel is significant and you did not adhere to controlled steps in manufacturing and experimentation, you may find it difficult to get anyone to listen to you if you cannot answer certain questions in established mainstream scientific methods. Unfortunately, it is the way it is and you may find yourself doing it all over again, that is, if you wish to pursue your work.

I find you very bright and inquisitive and you have a good....a very good...mind to put this together. I am curious, what are your goals in doing this?

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Antigravitic » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:18 pm

I just want to convince myself that this technology is real, not pretend to patent and make money, just looking for knowledge

I'm not an engineer, I have limited resources economically, I'm not your Mikado level, I'm just an amateur, I have no money or funding for research.

so I have only 200 dollars a month to invest.

I can not afford as serious as you research, I can not make a serious study, I only have third world resources to move forward with my dreams, sorry for not living up
:( :( :(
Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby kevin » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Antigravitic wrote:I just want to convince myself that this technology is real, not pretend to patent and make money, just looking for knowledge

I'm not an engineer, I have limited resources economically, I'm not your Mikado level, I'm just an amateur, I have no money or funding for research.

I can not afford as serious as you research, I can not make a serious study, I only have third world resources to move forward with my dreams, sorry for not living up

Your doing wonderfully well
Bien hecko.

Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Mikado14 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:17 am

Antigravitic wrote:I just want to convince myself that this technology is real, not pretend to patent and make money, just looking for knowledge

Send me your address in a PM. I will send ceramic so that you can experiment. I have some that are not up to machine specifications but will work just fine for your experimentation. I offered them once before to someone but the person turned me down, quite enthusiastically I might add. So, if you don't want it, don't send the PM and I won't say another word.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Antigravitic » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:12 am

Mikado wow !!! ... is the best gift, now you if you have made me happy, I am happy to accept

:o :o :o :o :o
Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby Antigravitic » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:50 am

energy meter with pendulo.

soy pobre pero tengo buenas ideas, no tengo dinero para comprar un medidor de permitividad relativa (constante dielectrica) no obstante puedo fabricar un aparato para mensurar cual de todas mis creaciones posee una mayor constante dielectrica, es decir cual de todos los dielectricos es capaz de almacenar una mayor cantidad de energía con pocas perdidas, este aparato puede ayudarme a verificar cual de todos es mejor dielectrico...........................I'm poor but I have good ideas, I have no money to buy a meter relative permittivity (dielectric constant) however I can make an apparatus for mensurar which all my creations has a higher dielectric constant, meaning that all dielectrics is able to store more energy with few losses, this device can help to check what all is better dielectric .

Este video tan solo es la prueba del concepto que voy a implementar............................This video is just a proof of concept that will implement
https://youtu.be/BfEjQhHe1E0
Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:00 am

Your a very creative individual, Sergio. However, I seem to be missing something, which could possibly be something lost in the translation. What I see is an Electroscope just designed a bit differently for the testing and measurement of the Coulomb force. I am failing to see how this will give either Dielectric Constant/permittivity or special permittivity.

Perhaps I am missing something due to the fact that I am spoiled with too much expectation from specific equipment and am forgetting basic experimentation.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Antigravitic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:47 pm

http://www.google.com/patents/US3187206

".................... In accordance with other aspects of this invention the dielectric member supporting the two electrodes may have electrical conductivity and/0r dielectric constant which varies progressively between its ends so that the dielectric member contributes to the non-linearity of the field gradient and causes a greater thrust to be developed.

In accordance with still other aspects of this invention, an annular electrode member is secured to an electrode mounted in the region of the axis of the annular electrode. If the second electrode is located at the center of the annular electrode and the two electrodes are energized, such force is not detected. However, if the second or innermost electrode is displaced from the center of the annular electrode in the region of the axis of the annular electrode and the electrodes are energized, then thrust will be produced by the two electrodes. The annular electrode may either be a flat ring, a toroid, or a section of a cylinder.

In accordance with still other aspects of this invention, tapered dielectric members having electrodes secured to opposite edges thereof may be employed to produce a thrust in response to the application of potentials to these electrodes. The thrust produced by these tapered dielectric members may be further augmented by embedding massive particles, such as lead oxide, in the Wedges, which particles are usually more concentrated near the points of the Wedges.

Accordingly, it is a feature of this invention to provide an electrical device for producing thrust which includes a dielectric member and electrodes supported at each end of the dielectric member, one of which electrodes is located in the region of the focal point of the arc of the arcuate surface electrode.

It is another feature of this invention to provide. a

device for producing thrust having a dielectric member.

and a pair of electrodes secured to opposite ends of the dielectric rod or member, one of which electrodes dea fines a parabolic or hyperbolic surface, the other electrode being located in the region of the focus of said surface.

It is another feature of this invention to employ an insulating rod or member between two electrodes, which rod or member has a varying dielectric constant, said dielectric constant progressively increasing or decreasing along the length of the dielectric member.

It is still another feature of this invention to employ a rod or member connected between two electrodes across which an electrostatic potential is applied, which rod or member has a varying electrical conductivity, said conductivity progressively increasing or decreasing along the length of the dielectric member.

It is another feature of this invention to employ a single electrode having an arcuate surface and to connect a source of potential to the arcuate surface which is opposite in polarity to the potential of the masses comprising the environment of the arcuate surface.

It is still a further feature of this invention to employ an arcuate electrode as a device for producing thrust and to apply a varying electrical signal to the arcuate electrode.

It is still another feature of this invention to employ a wedge of dielectric material having electrodes on opposite ends thereof to produce a thrust in response to the application of electrical potentials.

It is still a further feature of this invention to employ a tapered dielectric material having massive particles embedded therein to produce a thrust in response to the application of potentials to the electrodes secured to the dielectric member..............."
Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Science