thoughts on the chemical composition of the dielectric

Phenomena that can't be explained ...... yet.

thoughts on the chemical composition of the dielectric

Postby Antigravitic » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:37 am

Here I will document the proportions of various mixtures used to form the dielectric of the "Gravitors"

I will make an apparatus to determine the dielectric breakdown voltage of the different mixtures.

I will create specific dimensions for the cells Gravitor, always the same volume. The only thing that will change is the ratio of the mixture and different materials to be tested.
"...one must first understand the nature, then imitate..."
Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: thoughts on the chemical composition of the dielectric

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:48 am

As I always state....I hope the translation goes correctly.

Sergio,

Here is a device that is essential in creating your own dielectrics:

http://www.keysight.com/en/pd-100000004 ... =US&lc=eng

It will measure the Capacitance, the Dissippation Factor and most importantly...the K. I have in my shop a Leader LCR-745G. We have found it essential in testing the different configurations to establish the capacitance for the various dielectrics. This helps in determining the limiting resistance required so as not to overload the HV Power Supply.

http://www.testmart.com/webdata/mfr_pdf ... r-745g.pdf

When we purchased the above unit, it was a bit more than what it is going for currently on ebay.

Test equipment, laboratory grade, is essential in recording your data for in the end, whatever you do, should be able to be recreated by others. It does get quite expensive.

Now, with that said, the motivations of the experimenter comes into play. Are you looking to satisfy your own personal curiosity or are you trying to establish a known phenomenon into some resemblance to becoming established science that can be engineered? If it is the later, it must be able to survive third party scrutiny and that is very difficult, thus, the need for meticulous measurements and that usually is where the price tag goes up.

Please....Please...do not take what I am saying here as discouragement. I state it as the reality and one must make a determination of their goals. For example, say you choose to just do the experiments and you find that you are getting good results. Then you take those results to someone in an attempt to show that you have done something and have attained good results. If you have not maintained meticulous measurements then you will not be taken seriously.

So, experiment away and I hope you attain promising results but always remember that if you discover something, you will need to start at the beginning and redo everything and make note of everything in a manner that will be acceptable to mainstream science.

Carry on!

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby kevin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Mikado,
I remember suggesting to Andrew that as any materials were cast that they should be subjected to as high as possible field with specific orientation in mind.
Was anything such ever undertaken?
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Not by Hut B. As to Andrew, I don't know.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby kevin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:31 pm

In the simplest of terms.
Most items are cast flat , horizontal to surface, thus N,S,E,W should be considered.
But I am certain I went further in suggesting a powerfull local field should be present as materials were cast and set, thuis to set a crystalline structure that could be noted on each disc.
This is vital with such as galvanised steel sheets, and then how they are fitted to roofs , otherwise rapid rusting takes place.
Surely TTB learn't from degaussing steel ships????
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Antigravitic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Andrew Bolland has experimented with microwave sintering of Barium Titanate. Perhaps he might get involved with the conversation. I have no experience with BaTiO2 for from what I know, it is not capable of achieving as High a K as BaTiO3.

However, from my experience, the best dielectrics are kiln fired and even then, it is tricky to get a good dielectric with High K.

Never the less, that is what experimenting is all about.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby kevin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Antigravitic wrote:http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11814-010-0057-2#/page-1 :geek: :geek:

http://digital.csic.es/bitstream/10261/ ... polvos.pdf

Thank goodness for pictures.
We need Andrew to say what He can here?
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Antigravitic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Antigravitic
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:42 pm

Nothing to it but to do it and build it to see if it works.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Next

Return to Fringe Science