An examination of Townsend Brown’s “A Short Autobiography”

...or the difficulties that the author faced in performing his "due-diligence" in writing an accurate and truthful Biography.

Re: An examination of Townsend Brown’s “A Short Autobiograph

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 am

Linda Brown has brought to my attention the fact that she was an eyewitness to her father dictating the text contained in “A Short Autobiography” by T. Townsend Brown.
I was not aware of this at the time I wrote my post, and in the light of this new information I acknowledge the conclusion I reached was in error. I therefore retract the conclusion in my post, “An examination of Townsend Brown’s “A Short Autobiography” dated 27th May 2012.

Geoff
Geoff
Chief Petty Officer

Re: An examination of Townsend Brown’s “A Short Autobiograph

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 am

Geoff wrote:Linda Brown has brought to my attention the fact that she was an eyewitness to her father dictating the text contained in “A Short Autobiography” by T. Townsend Brown.
I was not aware of this at the time I wrote my post, and in the light of this new information I acknowledge the conclusion I reached was in error. I therefore retract the conclusion in my post, “An examination of Townsend Brown’s “A Short Autobiography” dated 27th May 2012.

Geoff

Well Geoff, the analysis stands as it is, whether you retract it or not. There are those that can read. The facts remain, there was the dreaded red pen and if that is true then why did all of those errors remain? And then if they did remain after he checked it than he was probably losing his edge in 1973 and that would apply to his work as well.

Just remember this, and those reading this, just because Linda claims to have seen him doesn't mean it is true for her record of truthfulness with a group of individuals has been anything less than stellar and in a court of law, a single testimony can be objected to as "hear say".

My money is riding on the fact that it is fabricated by two individuals, those that had a financial stake in the success of the book.

The facts will remain and stand on their own merit and it should be noted that information supplied by two anonymous individuals to date has been coming up as being false and Linda has vouched for these individuals as well.

Occam's Razor....use it.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Previous

Return to An analysis of "Defying Gravity"