He left a mark

Anyone who is not a member is still welcome to post in this thread. The Hut only asks that you sign your name.

He left a mark

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:07 am

There was a loss last month. A loss that was to come and known about for a long time but it arrived as all things do. The song ends, the story ends, the movie ends....Everything ends, even life.

After I learned of this, I looked at a few pictures and reminisced. I went for a walk and travelled back in time as memories allow. Reliving moments and looking at the positives and knowing that it were these attributes that create the sting that turns a loss into an emotional moment. I shed tears.

Trickfox had passed away. I don't know exactly when this happened. The obituary didn't have a date, it only mentioned that he passed away. It gave no particulars other than his age and his location. I felt...is that all there is? Is this all that could have been said? To pass away into so much obscurity?

One would have thought that an obituary would have at least mentioned surviving relatives, education, accomplishments and perhaps even a place to send donations in the name of the deceased. But there was nothing, so I will say something.

Raymond was my friend. I met him on a forum. We met face to face in a place called Allenwood. Allenwood is a small burg located in Union Township in the State of Pennsylvania. There was some snow on the ground and it was not quite that cold and felt more like February than March. We spent a weekend together. Talking and getting to know each other. This was in 2007.

The following year we met in Las Vegas, it was March of 2008. He had expectations of something happening that did not come to fruition. It was a difficult period for him but he did come around. He was tired and needed rest after having flown from Quebec to Las Vegas and which was a very long journey for him, especially after dialysis. But as always, he arose to the occasion and eventually had an enjoyable if not a little disappointing time. One memorable moment was when we went to the Luxor and there was a statue of Anubis. He wanted to choke him and cheat death, a feat he managed for 5 more years.

I never met him in person again but there were many conversations. We agreed and we disagreed. I will not go into either but only say that you cannot have the thesis without the antithesis, even in friendship. He was 58 years old. He grew up in the Quebec Province in Canada. He went to a High School technical school where her learned TV repair. He ended up leaving Canada and headed for the sunny beaches of California where he ended up teaching Basic Electronics to immigrants. He was didactic and self taught in several areas. He was intelligent, he was smart.

He had an interesting past to say the least. A past that he was always looking to recapture in some manner or another. His long wish was to leave a mark on the world, a signpost reminiscent of "kilroy was here" but with a much more deeper imprint. In a manner he did leave an imprint, perhaps not as large as what he would have liked but he did manage to touch the lives of a small group of individuals and wherever they go, whatever they do, he will be with them, if in memory only but in some small way, he left a mark, a big one, in my world.

It was his choice to end the friendship but it was not ended on my part.

I will miss him.

photo.JPG
photo 1.JPG
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: He left a mark

Postby Fred » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Rest in Peace
Raymond Lavas

Fred Marsico
Fred

Postby Linda Ann » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Raymond,

You already know that we have a light in our window for you.

Linda Brown
Linda Ann

Postby Cat » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:44 pm

We'll dance on the rooftops again.

Cat
Cat

Postby Cat » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:18 am

I find myself thinking of Kim tonight, and the sorrow she bears. And the song Daniel, because that was the name Mikado used for her son. Peace and blessings be with you Kim.

Cat
Cat

Postby Kim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Thank you Cat. I am told it gets easier with time but I have yet to see that. I am so grateful for Mikado being in my life helping me through this.
What we take time to dream, do we dare make reality?
Kim
Lt. Commander

Postby Fruitbat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Had a bit of a problem with the anti-spam question " A Cessna 150 is an:" I tried "abortion", "albatross", "accident waiting to happen", but eventually I got a better question before I ran out of "spam can" related adjectives.

Couple of days ago, my IP was Banned, now not only can I see some of your site, but I can post without signing in or making an agreement.
Thank you.

I was moved to write after reading Mikado's touching tribute to Raymond. It was both educational and refreshing to see a different sort of writing.

Thanks for sharing.

FB.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with Raymond. Leave a tribute to him or not, but this post will remain intact for a few days so as you may see it and get the message. Posting was only permitted here for guests to essentially, leave a tribute, not to leave sarcasm.

Thanks,

Mikado
Fruitbat

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:00 am

OK you'd better delete this and my last comment.

There really was no sarcasm intended, I liked seeing a more human face to "Mikado" and was trying to encourage more of that sort of thing.
It's the first post of yours I have ever read where you were being NICE about someone, and it genuinely was "educational and refreshing".

Before you delete my posts you may wish to review your introductory message to the thread Kilroy was here. I genuinely had not picked up that this section was ONLY for tributes to Trickfox. NOW IT MAY BE THAT I AM STUPID COMPARED TO YOU, but I ain't that stupid, and others will be making the same mistake. (Which is probably why you keep having to move other peoples posts).

Personally, I had enough of Nancy Hutchison putting spin and misinterpretation on everything I write. If you are going to do that to me you may as well ban my IP again, because I don't need to be coming here for more of the same.

Sheesh, what is wrong with you people?? No wonder this site has been a dead zone for so long. OK. I said my bit, you can delete it all now...

FB.
Fruitbat

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Fruitbat wrote:OK you'd better delete this and my last comment.

There really was no sarcasm intended, I liked seeing a more human face to "Mikado" and was trying to encourage more of that sort of thing.
It's the first post of yours I have ever read where you were being NICE about someone, and it genuinely was "educational and refreshing".

Before you delete my posts you may wish to review your introductory message to the thread Kilroy was here. I genuinely had not picked up that this section was ONLY for tributes to Trickfox. NOW IT MAY BE THAT I AM STUPID COMPARED TO YOU, but I ain't that stupid, and others will be making the same mistake. (Which is probably why you keep having to move other peoples posts).

Personally, I had enough of Nancy Hutchison putting spin and misinterpretation on everything I write. If you are going to do that to me you may as well ban my IP again, because I don't need to be coming here for more of the same.

Sheesh, what is wrong with you people?? No wonder this site has been a dead zone for so long. OK. I said my bit, you can delete it all now...

FB.

What is wrong with whom?

The thread topic is about Raymond. It is entitled "He left a mark". The "He" should be the operative word that one should ask who "He" was. The thread is not entitled let me just post anything to whomever. It is also acceptable if one would want to remember anyone who has past on. However, it is a tribute to him in case you didn't get it, maybe you "ain't" that stupid but your ability at communicating usually invokes a tirade of derogatory insults to ones lineage or quite colorful variations of words that begins with "F". I use it myself but not on a forum where my words will or could be viewed years from now. What legacy would one leave in doing so? If that is what you want, why should I care but it will not be here. As to this -"Before you delete my posts you may wish to review your introductory message to the thread Kilroy was here." It also says that it is requested that you sign your name. Where is your name? FB is not a name.

If you want to comment on anything without deletions, editing or moving to another thread at the whim of whomever then join. Perhaps you might be surprised and then perhaps not but to not try and only prejudge indicates a closed mind. Ask yourself that question....is your mind closed?

The only agreement to join is the one at the time of registration. I would assume that you had a similar agreement at the Token and most any other forum or site that requires membership. If you are referring to the locked and password protected threads, they are archived and preserved as per Linda Brown's wishes, and are copyrighted material, thus an agreement is required but they are not part of the active forum.

As to your IP being banned, it was banned over three years ago because of false memberships and was a blanket ban - 89.*.*.*. It was Kim that pointed it out and I looked up who was at the Hut and saw the banning and opened it up. Afterall, it is only fair and I wouldn't ban anyone intentionally. However, you would be surprised at how many IP's have been banned due to repeated attempts at false registrations and advertising etc. I only say this so that you don't feel that you were singled out for some reason...you weren't.

It really is a shame, you appear to be a bright individual with a handicap of a chip on your shoulder the size of a sequoia.

You wish to join then join. You want to comment to me, ask Linda for my email, I have no problem with that. However, using this open thread that is for tributes will not be tolerated.

Thanking you for what ever consideration you will have, I have no quarrel with you but you seem to have a very big one when it comes to me. Remember this, when someone comes at another with a knife, the usual actions is one of defense.

Mikado

PS: and Linda, I am sure you will be cutting and pasting this and will edit according to your whim and agenda. And for those interested, here is what was said in the email to Linda:
"You know I agreed to no drama and it would have been that why but you keep
priming the pump. I have no intention of talking about you on the Hut but
there are other forums."

Just trying to keep things....honest.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby Cat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:29 pm

My post regarding Kim's son was not on topic either. I was hoping for some latitude because I wanted to reach out to Kim, and didn't have another avenue to do so.

It was technically a mususe of the space.

Cat
Cat

Next

Return to "Kilroy was here"