He left a mark

Anyone who is not a member is still welcome to post in this thread. The Hut only asks that you sign your name.

Re: He left a mark

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Cat,

When I first saw your post, I felt that it was off topic. I didn't do anything about it and thought about it. There are those that have lost someone in their lives who was important to them. I not only decided to let it stand but I adjusted the topic, "Kilroy was here", to allow for more threads to be created for you see, all of us have "Kilroys" in our lives.

I believe that there are those out there that would find it cathartic to have a place where they could post and let their feelings out about their "Kilroy" and a place where anyone can respond to that post. We all have many Kilroys.

No Cat, nothing wrong, if anything, you instilled in me what I just posted. Thank You.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Wed May 27, 2015 10:29 pm

For some reason, our Trick Fox is very much on my mind tonight. Raymond, if you ever get tired of being gone, every light in the house is on.

Minoo
StarCat
Commander

Postby StarCat » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:24 am

Thinking of you Raymond.

Minoo
StarCat
Commander

Postby Graham » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Moi aussi. He seemed a charming, intelligent and playful being to whom I spoke on Skype for many hours. Sadly missed

edit: Apparently you are coming here to read GMan. I almost deleted this because my program linked with the cpanel on "spam/proxy" IP's showed that a post was made. Usually, it is an advertisement and I delete from the control panel without reading but Kim mentioned to me that someone posted under the "Kilroy". I read it and left it. However, if you wish to post a tribute under this thread, please do so from an unproxied IP. I wouldn't want to be accused of deleting a post or some other nefarious deed wrongly.
Graham

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:16 pm

I am glad Raymond had someone he could talk the math with for hours on Skype. I did not like Skype so our conversations were limited to the phone.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Graham » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:08 am

Ray was concerned about identifying that mystery math symbol, as I recall. I think I identified that right, but I think my greatest contribution was identifying the MS-20 synthesizer used as a voice effect in a music video; I noted that the next picture of his den contained one :)

I thought Skype was a wonderful tool. Lotsa face time for no extra charge. I would get my française d'ecolier out. It wasn't all business. He would sit there and build a Big Fat One then smoke it as we chatted. I was still chatting with him when he was in hospital being prepped. I'm still praying that he's alive somewhere enjoying cocktails with Elvis and Kurt Cobain.

I used Tor a few times last year but, as far as I can establish, I am broadcasting naked from 217.***.***.***. Having said that, I just ran a trace route and I seem to be relaying direct from MT (195*.*.*) to cogentco (US-based) then unifiedlayer then hostgator. The 217 number doesn't show in that list. Beats me. It all changed when I changed ISP end last year; we used to relay via BT Manchester then BT London.
Graham

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:26 am

Graham wrote:Ray was concerned about identifying that mystery math symbol, as I recall. I think I identified that right, but I think my greatest contribution was identifying the MS-20 synthesizer used as a voice effect in a music video; I noted that the next picture of his den contained one :)

I thought Skype was a wonderful tool. Lotsa face time for no extra charge. I would get my française d'ecolier out. It wasn't all business. He would sit there and build a Big Fat One then smoke it as we chatted. I was still chatting with him when he was in hospital being prepped. I'm still praying that he's alive somewhere enjoying cocktails with Elvis and Kurt Cobain.

I used Tor a few times last year but, as far as I can establish, I am broadcasting naked from 217.***.***.***. Having said that, I just ran a trace route and I seem to be relaying direct from MT (195*.*.*) to cogentco (US-based) then unifiedlayer then hostgator. The 217 number doesn't show in that list. Beats me. It all changed when I changed ISP end last year; we used to relay via BT Manchester then BT London.

I really loved the guy. He could be very quick with a judgement at times and his demeanor at times was almost pubescent. In any event, we had some very interesting conversations on many things not pertaining to Brown. However, he was very stubborn and yes, that symbol perplexed him. The symbol was easily explained by two different mathematicians but he wouldn't listen to me. Instead, he blamed me saying that I gave out "secret" information by showing it to someone outside of the group. It would appear that he did as well. It doesn't surprise me, he had many double standards.

I wanted so very much to get him down here to the states but there were quite a few issues. Sometime I will tell you, if you are interested. I think he would have lived longer.

...but he was bull headed, I'll give him that.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby wags » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:46 am

I am intrigued as to what math symbol that might be?
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 am

It was the manner in how the integral symbol was drawn.

The writer had drawn the top and bottom flat and wrote the limits for the derivation. Raymond was not used to seeing this. I tried to explain to him that it was the way the scrivener wrote the formula to convey meaning. The equations were nothing more than force equations apparently derived from a data set.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby GManIM » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:14 am

I looked at it and the words "step function" appeared in my head. That seemed to tie in well with what he was saying and what the math seemed to be trying to get across. I sent him a link to the wiki on the Heaviside step function, which displays a graph almost identical to the symbol; alas, I don't think he was too impressed by that analysis either.

G
I know where I am and I know where I am not
GManIM
Petty Officer 1st Class

PreviousNext

Return to "Kilroy was here"