The Wrath of Khan....all over again, with no sequel

Anyone who is not a member is still welcome to post in this thread. The Hut only asks that you sign your name.

The Wrath of Khan....all over again, with no sequel

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:25 pm

We have heroes and idols as we grow. I know of no one who can say that they didn't, even if a family relative, friend or just someone else. It is a sign of growing older as those that we looked up to leave us.

Today Leonard Nimoy passed away. What does that mean to me?

In 1966, a TV show aired on NBC on a Thursday night. I remember that night quite well for it was a turning point in my life. I don't remember the entire night but I remember that night. It came on at 8:30 PM. The first episode was "The Man Trap". My homework was done, chores were done, I was ready. And thus began a love that would last my entire life to date. The love of science and technology. I was already interested in electronics and my Uncle Buck would feed that with many kits, Heathkits, that were lessons. Of course I wanted the radio and TV kits but he was more practical. I was already a science fiction enthusiast reading all I could get ahold of but this was different, this was TV. It was better than "Lost in Space", which did start out okay in the first year and then went to hell in a hand basket in each successive year.

I have found that I am the better for having watched Star Trek. I am better for it made me dream. I am better for it cause it instilled in me that with work, with understanding others, that great things could be accomplished.

But most of all, it entertained me in a manner that was more than just getting up and leaving after the closing credits.

Leonard Nimoy was a talented man but he was not Spock, Spock was a part of him and not the whole. Spock was a facet of the jewel known as Leonard Nimoy.

He did live long and he did prosper.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: The Wrath of Khan....all over again, with no sequel

Postby StarCat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:54 pm

Star Trek brought us people from other worlds. People. Not monsters. Leonard Nimoy introduced us to a true biracial individual at a time when black and white were still world's apart. Safe journey Leonard.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Return to "Kilroy was here"