CONSCIOUSNESS

A forum to discuss, to dream, to engineer, to research, to offer up information and a place to share.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: CONSCIOUSNESS

Postby LuisP » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Into the fray…

A rooster will crow silently. Wonder about its tune. Look behind, take stock, glance ahead, find the strength, and move on. Don’t be afraid but don’t be rash. Understand well who was before so that you may speak better to who came after you. Know the diversity of what was so that you may accept the difference of what is. Feel and Give, don’t just Think and Take. Ask and Beg, don’t only Answer and Demand. Touch your Depth, not just your Self. Seek Brotherhood while remembering your Uniqueness. Search Peace but be ready to Stand. Always doubt, question and learn, for you know only what you could, not what there is. Nothing is meaningless because everything has a reason or it wouldn’t exist. Be Yourself but allow the Other. And Love, not Hate. Try, knowing you may fail.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:00 pm

And as if by quantum magic, more than 3 months have sped by ...

This both somber and festive season, I once again decided to drive off road into the hills. And I mean deep, far out places where “electricity” - hard as it may seem to believe - arrived only some odd 30 years ago after our “democratic revolution” of 74, and where its few remaining people still live with, and from, The Land, aided by some animals. Not pets, just hard working partners.

Very old people, I mean. For the young, and the not so young ones, have since long gone away.
And stayed away.

Places where there’s no newspapers in at least a 30 mile radius and only one TV set for the whole “community” inside the “People’s House” , places where no one knows how to use the internet, even if they have heard about it from their “grandkids”. Where a PC from – I’d say – the early Nineties sits alongside it, full of dust and looking as if having had as much use as my rowing machine (the power cable being neatly rolled by its side and unplugged gave me a hint, I have to say).
Places where the houses are built from sliced Shale plates piled on top each other, heating and cooking is from a fireplace and food is mostly – mostly - from what you catch, breed, grow and milk, and then understand (know how to, and are able enough to) make “food” with it all, and also, once in a while, from what you occasionally kill.

Places where two thirds (three quarters ?) of the houses are empty, derelict and many even simply rubble. Places were there are no doctors available, no aspirins, CBD Oil, structured water, or whatever. You name it, they won’t have even heard of most of it, much less know about. Regardless of it – and needless to say – they know when to sow and when to reap, when to breed and when to kill, when to lie down and use simple herbs and juices or whatever to get better and when to get up and push themselves hard, and relentelessly, even at their very old age.

Now don’t get me wrong. I’m no snob looking for freak shows. I didn’t “discover” this yesterday. I didn’t find a sudden romantic or paternalizing sense over it all. This is what we ( I, for one) in the City and Civilization, call Misery and abandoned Old Folk, and avoid mixing with like the plague.

But that is how I, the wife and kid (I know, she’s eighteen but forget about it !) came to find ourselves in one of those places, where my 1:50.000 Army topographic maps had led me towards a waterfall I was seeking because it is very hard to get there and, that day, I wanted to simply get to it and drink some of its water. Simple a reason as any other.

But I found this place. Some 483 miles northeast from where I live.
And stayed there 3 days. I chose one of several available houses (after having asked for permission from one of the 8 elderly men ) and set up camp, best we could under the circumstances.

I won’t go into what I did in that time, what or with whom I talked, what was talked to me, what happened when my six packed food ran out and I tried to “buy” some more, what I saw from dawn to dusk, and afterwards.
I won’t go into all of that simply because it is too private.

Just wanted to share with you the good Easter I had, and where and with whom I spent it.
While wishing you may have been equally fortunate.

Be well.
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:03 pm

I wish I could understand how we were able to get so fucked up, in so litlle time ....
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Sun May 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Happy Mothers Day to Kim, Cat, Nancy and Rose.
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Thank you Luis. Wishing your wife a blessed Mother's Day as well.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Kim » Tue May 05, 2015 9:32 pm

LuisP wrote:Happy Mothers Day to Kim, Cat, Nancy and Rose.

Luis, sorry it has taken me a few days to thank you.
Thank you so much for the Happy Mothers Day wishes. Mothers Day is actually May 10th here. But your wish actually was very special to me. Sunday, May 3rd was International Bereaved Mothers Day. Kim

image.jpg

What we take time to dream, do we dare make reality?
Kim
Lt. Commander

Postby LuisP » Thu May 07, 2015 5:06 pm

I find myself in some lines of that poem, Kim ! maybe every father of a single son/daughter gets to be a bit – tiny one – like a mother. I did not know about that “bereaved” day, but then again, to me Mothers are the essence of bereavement for it affects them going both ways : from them to their sons and daughters, and from these to their mothers. But that’s a very complicated story, so I’ll leave it. important thing is that over there you now have not 1 but 2 days devoted to Mothers, which is a good thing to everyone involved, the mothers themselves for some need to remember it is more than taking pictures holding a baby, and the sons and daughters especially, hopefully for the good reasons but if because of bad ones, that’s important too for it will make them strive to be better than what they got, and now will pass on surely improved and enhanced.

Lack of Mothers and Motherhood has crippled Man, to put it so nakedly as this, and is one of a very few reasons that lie at the root of the major problems of present day societies.
But that’s me and my feverish mouthful thoughts.

I’d just like to point out that celebrating Mothers, one could say, is done since the dawn of Time for it is inherent to the mystery of Life. Primitive Man adored pregnant women sculpted in clay. In ancient Greece they praised Rhea, who was the mother of their gods. Later, in Rome, it was Cybele who received that praise. In my part of the woods, we chose the first Sunday of May to officially remember our Mothers. Those of my, so to speak, supernatural set of beliefs, will know why that particular Sunday was chosen, to all others, well, it is just a rule of thumb to never forget when it happens.

Because no one should ever forget our Mothers.

So as to thank them, as we all should.
Even if for having made us better parents precisely because of their not having been one.
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Thu May 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Thank you for your blessings, Cat.
LuisP
Commander

Postby re-rose » Mon May 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Thank you, Luis. My mother's day was happy/sad/happy...I miss my Mom. She, too, was a bereaved mother, Kim. I felt that ache in her every day after my brother died.

Mikado, this site: http://slowfrequencyproject.com/ has a morse code message on it, I think. Can you read it? I'm curious, because

:geek:
Slow Frequency addresses currents in artwork that engage a process of slow looking, magnification or tuning-in in order to locate the place where a thing becomes visually or sonically clearest. Whether manifest in photography, film, appropriation strategies or other forms of image or object making, the process of tuning in to a space, an ideology, or a transmission is presented as a practice or gesture of careful observation.

Thanks,
rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby Mikado14 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Achieve
A
Coherent
Fusion
OL
Form
And
Life
In
Ouae

I think someone didn't get their "di's" and "dah's" right on two of them

Mikado

PS: it wouldn't let me copy the original
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

PreviousNext

Return to The Open Door