Regarding Time Travel

A forum to discuss, to dream, to engineer, to research, to offer up information and a place to share.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Regarding Time Travel

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Of late, I have noticed that there is a good deal of talk about Time Travel. I always check out Yahoo when I get on the computer and one thing I have noticed is all these "items" in regard to "photos that prove there are time travelers". I have clicked on the links and looked at the photos....I couldn't help myself.

What I have noticed is that most of the photos have been around for quite some time. The most used photo is actually a video of a woman walking with what appears to be a hand held iPhone, or so they claim. One can't help but wonder how this could even be remotely possible due to the fact that there are no cell towers from that time frame nor satellites. What has been done is that someone, on one of these sites, actually did some research and came up with a plausible explanation....an old fashioned hearing aid.

Another good one is the man standing with what appears to be a "printed T shirt", holding a camera and what someone claims, the person is wearing a pair of sunglasses, designer mind you. I have found that there are several quality photos of this one. I looked at what I believed to be a better quality photo and looked at the sunglasses. They appear to be what we called grinder's glasses or cutting glasses. These are dark glasses that have sides that are darkened as well. If one looks closely, they can see the sides. Further, in this same photo, the camera appeared to be a box camera similar to an old Brownie but with an extended lens.

Has anyone seen the photo claiming that Barack Obama is a time traveler? Or how about Nicholas Cage? The later one claimed he was a vampire since he is still alive.

My recent, over the past several years interest, was fueled by talk of the Caroline and Morgan and twigsnapper and Nazi spies and changing events in the past by Morgan traipsing throughout time, dismembered fingers, atom bomb explosions in harbours in England, Buster Crabbe's body, Kennedy's assassination being altered (this was a good episode from Quantum Leap) and other stories.

It seems that the media fuels a good many imaginations.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: Regarding Time Travel

Postby wags » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Mikado14 wrote:Of late, I have noticed that there is a good deal of talk about Time Travel. I always check out Yahoo when I get on the computer and one thing I have noticed is all these "items" in regard to "photos that prove there are time travelers". I have clicked on the links and looked at the photos....I couldn't help myself.

What I have noticed is that most of the photos have been around for quite some time. The most used photo is actually a video of a woman walking with what appears to be a hand held iPhone, or so they claim. One can't help but wonder how this could even be remotely possible due to the fact that there are no cell towers from that time frame nor satellites. What has been done is that someone, on one of these sites, actually did some research and came up with a plausible explanation....an old fashioned hearing aid.

Another good one is the man standing with what appears to be a "printed T shirt", holding a camera and what someone claims, the person is wearing a pair of sunglasses, designer mind you. I have found that there are several quality photos of this one. I looked at what I believed to be a better quality photo and looked at the sunglasses. They appear to be what we called grinder's glasses or cutting glasses. These are dark glasses that have sides that are darkened as well. If one looks closely, they can see the sides. Further, in this same photo, the camera appeared to be a box camera similar to an old Brownie but with an extended lens.

Has anyone seen the photo claiming that Barack Obama is a time traveler? Or how about Nicholas Cage? The later one claimed he was a vampire since he is still alive.

My recent, over the past several years interest, was fueled by talk of the Caroline and Morgan and twigsnapper and Nazi spies and changing events in the past by Morgan traipsing throughout time, dismembered fingers, atom bomb explosions in harbours in England, Buster Crabbe's body, Kennedy's assassination being altered (this was a good episode from Quantum Leap) and other stories.

It seems that the media fuels a good many imaginations.

Mikado

And the mentally challenged... lol
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby kevin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:57 pm

When I first desired to be at another time, I didn't consider it real.
But a few deer sort of added in some proof as such.
It wasn't My 3D physical that visited other time, but My none physical.

It's not easy to describe, or accept, but in a solid fixed universe, it's easier to describe.
Tempus fugit.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:33 pm

kevin, I understand what you are talking about. I too experienced a phenomenon that could only be explained as time travel. Back in 2008 or so, I was sitting at the table with my Mom and Dad. Dad was beginning to lose it a bit. We were talking about time travel and I was discussing, for the first time, the work I was starting to pursue. Somehow we became fixated on time travel for a bit and I was explaining about the experiences I had. One of which was going to the gas station my Father had just prior to the Korean War to see him as a young man. I never got to finish saying what occurred and my Dad looked up from his plate of food and said "I recognized you". I looked at my Mom and she at me for a moment. I then asked my Dad," What did you recognize?" and he was oblivious. That quick it was gone.

I wish I would have talked to my Dad years ago. What secret did he keep or was he just rambling about something entirely different. I will never know. Granpa is gone too, can't ask him. One thing however, prior to my Dad's passing, I and my broker, took my Father to see the Gravitor Mk I. Somehow, I was hoping that he would talk or maybe remember that conversation from years ago but he didn't.

Recently, my brother-in-law passed away. My Father made an appearance, several times, and stayed next to my sister. Although she couldn't see him, others could. Maybe the old coot is coming back or maybe he was coming forward to a moment when he knew he would be needed.

Maybe there is more to this Universe than we know.....on second thought.....we probably have only scratched the surface and it is the arrogance of being human that fuels the human ego.

In any event, here is a video that I found somewhat amusing; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gtf0yXLI7A

If you freeze on the close up photo that is shown, notice that the background of the spokes in the wheels are blurred next to his body. Also in the first photo shown prior to the blowup, notice the perspective of the man standing on the side of the ship versus the perspective of the supposed time traveler.

In the next photo, all one has to do is to look at the perspective of the two ladies dancing to the "time traveler's " left. It appears that he is now shorter in stature.

In the JFK photo, the light/shading is all wrong on his face as compared to those behind him and around him.

The Marilyn Monroe photo....missing shadows?

I don't need to go on. However, I am leading to something eventually of which I will get to.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Just for giggles, here is a link to some humour. This centers around the woman with the cell phone in a Chaplin film. It would appear that quite a few travelers like Chaplin or maybe....just maybe.....Chaplin was a travel agent for time travelers!

http://comicsalliance.com/10-more-time- ... ins-films/

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby kevin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Regarding time travel.
Concentrate upon a super dense universe.
Space is not empty, it is low on concentrated memory.
Memory is information.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:24 pm

The following is an incident that occurred back in 1901. It is called or referred to as the Moberly-Jourdain Incident.

It involves two women who believed they were transported back in time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moberly%E ... n_incident

above reference wrote:According to Moberly and Jourdain, the two women decided to visit the Palace of Versailles as part of several trips. On 10 August 1901, they travelled by train to Versailles. They did not think much of the palace after touring it,[5] so they decided to walk through the gardens to the Petit Trianon.[9] On the way, they reached the Grand Trianon and found it was closed to the public.[5]

They travelled with a Baedeker guidebook, but the two women soon became lost after missing the turn for the main avenue, Allée des Deux Trianons. They passed this road, and entered a lane, where unknown to them they passed their destination.[9] Moberly noticed a woman shaking a white cloth out of a window[10] and Jourdain noticed an old deserted farmhouse, outside of which was an old plough.[10]

At this point they claimed that a feeling of oppression and dreariness came over them.[11] They then saw some men who looked like palace gardeners, who told them to go straight on. Moberly later described the men as "very dignified officials, dressed in long greyish green coats with small three-cornered hats."[12] Jourdain noticed a cottage with a woman and a girl in the doorway. The woman was holding out a jug to the girl.[10] Jourdain described it as a "tableau vivant", a living picture, much like Madame Tussauds waxworks. Moberly did not observe the cottage, but felt the atmosphere change. She wrote: "Everything suddenly looked unnatural, therefore unpleasant; even the trees seemed to become flat and lifeless, like wood worked in tapestry. There were no effects of light and shade, and no wind stirred the trees."[13]

The Comte de Vaudreuil was later suggested as a candidate for the man with the marked face allegedly seen by Moberly and Jourdain.
They reached the edge of a wood, close to the Temple de l'Amour, and came across a man seated beside a garden kiosk, wearing a cloak and large shady hat.[14] According to Moberly, his appearance was "most repulsive... its expression odious. His complexion was dark and rough."[15] Jourdain noted "The man slowly turned his face, which was marked by smallpox; his complexion was very dark. The expression was evil and yet unseeing, and though I did not feel that he was looking particularly at us, I felt a repugnance to going past him.[15] A man later described as "tall... with large dark eyes, and crisp curling black hair under a large sombrero hat" came up to them, and showed them the way to the Petit Trianon.[16]

Portrait of Marie Antoinette by Wertmüller. The figure that Moberly saw near the Petit Trianon was claimed to bear a resemblance to the Queen as depicted in this painting
After crossing a bridge, they reached the gardens in front of the palace, and Moberly noticed a lady sketching on the grass who looked at them.[17] She later described what she saw in great detail: the lady was wearing a light summer dress, on her head was a shady white hat, and she had lots of fair hair. Moberly thought she was a tourist at first, but the dress appeared to be old-fashioned. Moberly came to believe that the lady was Marie Antoinette. Jourdain, however, did not see the lady.[18]

After this, they were directed round to the entrance and joined a party of other visitors.[19] After touring the house, they had tea at the Hotel des Reservoirs before returning to Jourdain's apartment.

Further down the Wiki article are several explanations afforded by others. One was that the two women stumbled upon a "party" with the quests dressed in period costumes. Another explanation was that the two shared a lesbian shared psychosis.

If anyone is interested, the book can be purchased: http://www.amazon.com/Ghosts-Trianon-C- ... 1440448361

In any event, it is still viewed as an unexplained event for even the "investigators" are hypothecating.

Perhaps the shared psychosis is plausible. Perhaps what I experienced years back was a self-induced psychosis through a meditative trance.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Here is a very interesting story. It almost sounds like a "Twilight Zone" episode called "The Last Flight". Somewhere I read that the writer of the story based it upon a short they wrote.

http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2015/ ... adventure/

refernce link wrote:As a two-time chrononaut myself, I know how disorienting it is to inexplicably teleport to another place in time. Sir Victor Goddard knows what I’m talking about, because in 1935 he had his own bizarre experience over an airfield in Drem, Scotland.

One day that year, he was flying to Edinburgh from Andover, England. And while on this perfectly ordinary flight, he passed over a dilapidated airfield in Drem, Scotland. This place had long been abandoned, to the point where foliage had overtaken most of the area and cattle had made themselves at home. That’s what Goddard saw as he flew over — a farm, with a whole lot of nothing going on.
So he continued on his way, until he reached his destination at Edinburgh.

A few days later, Goddard began his trip back to Andover. He took the same route, which would lead him once again over Drem, but before he could get there, he ran into a peculiar storm. I call it peculiar, because along with high winds and torrential rain, the storm clouds were yellow. It didn’t take long for Goddard to become disoriented and lose control of his plane.
He tried to regain control by climbing above the yellow clouds, but they seemed to have no end. His plane began to fall. Fortunately for him, that’s when something unexpected happened: the clouds broke, and he could see the ground again.

Off in the distance was the Drem airfield.

Flying Through Time

As he approached the airfield, hoping to reorient himself, suddenly the storm vanished and the sky turned bright and sunny. It stopped raining. Everything became clear. But something was different, this time.

The airfield at Drem was no longer abandoned. In fact, it looked good as new. He could see mechanics down below, and four planes, each painted yellow, sat on the runway.

One was a model he’d never seen before, a monoplane unlike anything in the Royal Air Force in 1935. And what were the mechanics wearing? Blue overalls? This, along with the yellow planes, Goddard found strangest of all — RAF mechanics in 1935 wore brown overalls, not blue, and there were no yellow planes, to his knowledge.

Goddard didn’t have much time to think about it, though, because he was flying too quickly to truly understand what he was seeing. By the time he’d passed over the airfield, the storm had suddenly returned, and the bright sunshine dissolved into hard rain and those strange yellow clouds engulfed him once more. Once again, he found himself battling for control of his airplane. But this time he won, and was able to land safely at his home base.

When he finally landed, he couldn’t help but tell his friends what had happened. As you’d expect, he was met with skepticism, and afterward he mostly kept the story to himself. He didn’t want anyone to think he was crazy, after all. He’d later retell it (among other things) in his 1975 book Flight Towards Reality.

The final twist to this bizarre account? In 1939, the vision that Sir Victor Goddard saw at the Drem airfield actually came to pass. The RAF began to paint their training planes yellow, and a new monoplane, the Magister, just like the one he witnessed in 1935, joined the roster. By that year, even the mechanics’ overalls had been updated to blue. And, of course, the airfield at Drem had made a comeback.

Had Sir Victor Goddard truly experienced a time slip, or could there be another explanation for what happened that day in 1935? Was he an inadvertent time traveler?

In the Twilight Zone episode, the WWI flyer flew through a "yellow" cloud as well.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby kevin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:41 pm

"Leaves on the tree of life"
http://www.treeincarnation.com/intro.htm
Mirror planes.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Return to The Open Door