Mr. Twigsnapper

A forum to discuss, to dream, to engineer, to research, to offer up information and a place to share.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Mr. Twigsnapper

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:37 am

Just wanted to put this out there for Mr. Twigsnapper. I hope you are fairing well with this Corona Virus running rampant. With your advanced age, you are in the most susceptible to catching it.

In the event that you are coming down with symptoms, don't hesitate to go to a hospital. There are two good hospitals that are close to where you are staying in Parkesburg. There is the Lancaster General Health right there in Parkesburg and then there is the hospital in Coatesville, there is a good one in West Chester run by Penn Med.

And in the event you have passed away, my condolences.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: Mr. Twigsnapper

Postby StarCat » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 am

How are you faring with the pandemic? Colorado is a hot spot again.
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:53 am

StarCat wrote:How are you faring with the pandemic? Colorado is a hot spot again.

I know of no one here in Pennsylvania who was positive asymptomatic or had it, except for one person who is a relative of a friend. They were killed in a car accident when the car they were in, swerved into a tree. They were taken to an ER and was pronounced dead. The Death Certificate said "Corona Virus".

I suppose the virus has went and mutated into trees, so be careful around forests. The family has gone to court to have the Death Certificate changed for insurance reasons to name one reason since the other person was at fault.

Although my Doctor believes I had it in the end of January and my COPD has been worse since then...oh hell, such is live. To continue, I lost my contract in May and my business is all but defunct so....I may just drive a school bus. On a better note, I have been negotiating with a large Utility to put Solar Panels on my farm, 32 Acres of it, for a 20 year contract. My contribution to renewable energy.

I have one question that no one has explained...why the mask wearing when it has been proven the virus can go through bandannas and cloth masks and those blue masks? The only one that is close is the N95.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:29 pm

A cloth mask or procedure mask does trap the droplets we exhale, and keeps them from being transmitted to others. N95's are ideal, and very difficult to obtain. I left the facility I was working for back in March, when things were starting to get bad. The facility didn't have adequate PPE for normal times, let alone a pandemic. Management told us about what happened at Life Care of Kirkland, two weeks after it happened. We all knew about it, long before that. I chose to be unemployed and alive, rather than unemployed and dead. Didn't work for six months, which got a bit tight financially. I'm working with two group homes now, that serve developmentally disabled individuals. I spend 10 hours a day in mask, gown, and gloves. It gets toasty.
StarCat
Commander

Return to The Open Door