CANCER

Posting here requires that the topic be proven science or accepted mainstream theories.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: CANCER

Postby LuisP » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks. Many.

What follows is extensive. But very insteresting.

Especially if you read the even more extensive post I will do after this one.

Then, dots will connect.

Here goes :

If you have cancer, you may be tempted to try the “Budwig Diet”, a naturopathic remedy that uses food combinations to treat and cure cancer.
However, there are no clinical trials that support the claims that the Budwig diet can cure cancer, only anecdotal evidence from the experience of others who have tried the diet.

Identification
The Budwig diet, also called the flaxseed diet, is an alternative health treatment that uses a mix of two organic foods--flaxseed oil and cottage cheese--to treat all forms of cancer and other diseases and conditions such as fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, arthritis, asthma, acne, diabetes, high blood pressure and psoriasis.
History
Dr. Johanna Budwig, a German chemist, pharmacologist, physicist and chief expert at Germany’s Federal Institute on Fats Research, discovered essential fatty acids in the 1950s, according to the American Cancer Society.
Budwig found that the blood of healthy people had high levels of omega-3 essential fatty acids, and that the blood of terminally ill cancer patients had low levels of omega-3 essential fatty acids. Budwig then developed a diet that included high levels of omega-3 essential fatty acids to cure cancer and other degenerative diseases, reports the Budwig Center.
Methodology
The Budwig diet suggests that you combine one part of flaxseed oil to two parts cottage cheese and eat the freshly prepared mixture several times throughout the day. Then, you also follow a diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, green tea, sauerkraut juice and vegetable juice. Your diet is accompanied by light exercise, daily exposure to sunlight, and water and coffee enemas.
Considerations
You must avoid all trans-fats, hydrogenated oils such as margarine, olive oil, white sugar, soy products and soy milks, and butter while on the diet, advises the Budwig Center. You must also avoid maple syrup, molasses, eggs, corn, all processed foods and wheat products. You also cannot microwave any of your food or use products, such as cosmetics and household cleaning products, that contain any unnatural chemicals, fillers or preservatives.
Warning
You should speak with your doctor before taking flaxseed oil if you take blood-thinning drugs, including aspirin, as the omega-3 acids in flaxseed oil may strengthen the effects of the drugs, reports the UMMC. The UMMC further reports that omega-3 acids may also increase your blood sugar levels, a cause for concern if you take insulin or other blood sugar lowering medications.

Credits
http://www.livestrong.com/article/13605 ... dwig-diet/
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:43 pm

So,
Essentially – if I got it correctly – a reinforcement of Omega 3 acids is at the root of this naturopathic remedy.

Thing is,
1- Modern nutritional research shows that we generally need 3-4x as much Omega-6 as Omega-3. The common perception among people aware of the issue is that they are getting enough Omega-6 in their diet but not enough Omega-3.
2 - There are twenty different types of fatty acids that our body needs for optimum health. We can manufacture all but two (2) of these twenty - known as the Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs); OMEGA-6 Linoleic Acid (LA) and OMEGA-3 Linolenic Acid (LNA) the source of these two come from our foods nutrients. To be most effective, these two EFA’s need to be consumed in a balanced ratio; the World Health Organization recommended ratio is 4:1.
3- The hempseed is one of the most balanced sources of omega-3 and omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs). The seeds also provide other phytonutrients, including phytosterols and carotenes as well as Vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
4 - Hemp seed oil offers the direct metabolites of Omega-6 and 3, Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) and Stearidonic Acid (SDA). These metabolites are involved in the production of prostaglandin for hormones and in immune functions. Even if one did get unrefined sunflower oil and mixed it with unrefined flaxseed oil, you would mimic hemp seed oil's Omega-6 to 3 ratio, but still be missing their direct higher metabolites.
5 - Hemp seed is a nutritional gem, very rich in Omega 3, 6 & 9, and also in exactly the right ratio for it to be absorbed into the body (Omega 6 to Omega 3 = 3:1).
6 - Hemp Seed Oil is the only vegetarian source of the potent form of Omega 3 - without any of the dioxins and toxins often found in fish oil. These Essential Fatty Acids contribute towards general health, and specifically help circulation, the heart, hair and skin, joints and the immune system.

7 – From Professor Tom Sanders and Dr Fiona Lewis, Nutritional Sciences Division, King’s College London:
7.1 - “hempseed oil is a locally grown and produced oil with a healthy balance of fatty acids being low in saturated fatty acids and being an excellent source of both n-6 and n-3 (popularly referred to as omega-6 and omega-3) fatty acids, free from trans fatty acids. It is a natural source of gamma-linolenic acid. Even consumed in small amounts (10ml) per day it will make a substantial contribution to the intake of essential fatty acids which are required for health.”
7.2 – “Schwab et al (2006) compared the consumption of 30g hempseed oil with 30g of flaxseed oil taken for 4 weeks in the diet of 14 healthy young men and women. Both oils were well tolerated by the subjects. They found the ratio of total/HDL cholesterol fell on the hempseed oil compared with the flaxseed oil.”
7.3 – “There are two families of essential fatty acids required by humans derived from linoleic acid (LA) and alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) respectively. The EURODIET consensus conference recommended a population intake of 2g of ALA per day. The use of hempseed oil as a culinary oil assuming an intake of about 10ml/day would virtually meet this recommendation.”
7.4 – “LA and ALA give rise to two separate families (n-6 and n-3 respectively) of less saturated derivatives often referred to as long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCP). These LCP perform a number of important physiological roles in the body. These are needed as structural components of the membranes and they are also involved in regulating a number of body processes including smooth muscle contraction, inflammation, cellular repair and haemostasis.
7.5 – “In this respect hempseed oil is of interest in that it contains gamma-linolenic acid (18:3n-6) and stearadonic acid (18:4n-3) which are the delta-6 desaturase products for linoleic and linolenic acid respectively.”
7.6 – “hempseed oil does commend itself as an oil that is low in saturated fatty acids and has a healthy balance of both the n-6 and n-3 fatty acids. Hempseed may contain other compounds such as naturally occurring antioxidants including gamma-tocopherol and phytosterols.”
7.7 – “Hemp is a very sustainable and beneficial crop to the environment. It is planted late in spring and does not use pesticides or herbicides. Hemp provides an excellent habitat for wildlife during the summer and on the fallow ground over the winter months, providing valuable feeding grounds for birdlife. The long Tap Root is excellent for soil structure and conditioning. The fast growing crop is a very efficient carbon sequester. Hemp requires no weed control during the growing period (either mechanical or chemical) and therefore reduces fuel consumption on the farm. Before harvest, the leaves of the plant senesce, returning valuable natural P&K to the soil for future plant nutrition. Every aspect of the plant is used. Nothing is wasted.”

Credits
http://manitobaharvest.com/hemp_nutriti ... Oil.-.html
http://www.goodwebsite.co.uk/your-healt ... mega-3-6-9
http://www.goodwebsite.us.com/kingsreport.pdf
http://www.today.com/id/16637630/ns/tod ... -PqncFdbIU

PS : One should, definitely, read the PDF
Last edited by LuisP on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:53 pm

I mean, here we go again : Hemp Oil.
Rich in CBD, low in THC. Rich in Omegas. Strengthening the overall "status" of the body and - perhaps ? - keeping it "tuned" to whatever it is that makes it tick correctly, and "deaf" to whichever "disruptive frequencies" ?

Shouldn't we all be taking it ?

Am thinking - very seriously - about this.
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:36 pm

wags wrote:
StarCat wrote:I'm sorry for your loss Wags. Funerals are not easy in any case. You'll get through it. I have faith.

Cat

Thanks, I have doubt I will deal with it all, I have dealt with worse. Just a universal coincidence. It is not about ignoring fear but respecting it and carrying on regardless.

When you're going through hell, keep on going. Face that fire, walk right through it. I'll keep an astral paw out there for you grab onto.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby wags » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:09 am

StarCat wrote:
wags wrote:
StarCat wrote:I'm sorry for your loss Wags. Funerals are not easy in any case. You'll get through it. I have faith.

Cat

Thanks, I have doubt I will deal with it all, I have dealt with worse. Just a universal coincidence. It is not about ignoring fear but respecting it and carrying on regardless.

When you're going through hell, keep on going. Face that fire, walk right through it. I'll keep an astral paw out there for you grab onto.

Cat

I have been doing that for a very long time, I will keep an 'third' eye out for that astral paw. lol
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby Soloma » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:26 pm

My condolences Wags.

Luis, I think there are two different oils being discussed here, I believe both would be beneficial in an anti cancer or well being regime. Hempseed oil is derived from the seeds and has that perfect omega fats ratio while hemp oil is oil derived from stems, leaves and flowers. Hempseed oil is easy to get here in the US, the hemp oil not so until recently. Hempseed oil would be a good substitute as everyday cooking and dressing oil while hemp oil would best be used as an additive, supplement and or medicine.

Ideally we could be juicing or making smoothies out of the raw plant that we grow ourselves so we know what we are ingesting. In the meantime, both of these types of oils would be very beneficial to anyone who takes them. I can not say enough about my experience with hemp oil, it was all good. I believe Tabitha would still be here today fighting if I had not complicated her battle for her.
Soloma
Commander

Postby FM No Static At All » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Mikado14 wrote:
How about a simple "sorry for your losses" and some other wishes of sorrow. Now where in the post did I see any personal sympathy directed to wags' loss. I saw an immediate comment about "fees" and then statistics about cancer with a impersonal comment about losing those we love which then went into what appeared to be a series of rhetorical questions.

Perhaps that is why wags said what he did.

Just an observation

Mikado

I see your point, however the fact that you quoted me and not Nancy, seems that you were addressing the wrong person. I did offer my sympathy and prayers, and added that I didn't see Nancy's comments as being argumentative. Perhaps inappropriate in a thread with a topic of "LOSS", but certainly not one titled, "CANCER".

Just an observation. ;)
Fred a.k.a.
FM No Static at All

Fix America - The Patriot Way!
Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...
-Thomas Jefferson (The Declaration of Independence)
FM No Static At All
Commander

Location: Ending the reign of terror called the Federal Reserve System

Postby LuisP » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Soloma wrote:
Luis, I think there are two different oils being discussed here, I believe both would be beneficial in an anti cancer or well being regime. Hempseed oil is derived from the seeds and has that perfect omega fats ratio while hemp oil is oil derived from stems, leaves and flowers. Hempseed oil is easy to get here in the US, the hemp oil not so until recently. Hempseed oil would be a good substitute as everyday cooking and dressing oil while hemp oil would best be used as an additive, supplement and or medicine.

Thanks for emphasizing that, Dan.
Yes, two types of oil : Hempseed and the "Hemp Oil". First is indeed for "culinary" usage, being a very good source of Omega 3 and 6, while Second one can (and should) be used for "medicinal" purposes, given its anti-cancerous now proven properties.

Again, thing is, this "Hemp Oil" should be THC or CBD enhanced ?
From where I stand and what I have understood, CBD.
LuisP
Commander

Postby wags » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:50 am

My step dad has succumbed to the disease and died the other day. I have found that the attitude between the Penny and Tony an interesting lesson.

Penny died in peace and with few regrets, loved by the whole community, sadly Tony was angry and pushed all away and died in anger and earlier than expected by about a year. I suspect a positive mental attitude is part of the picture. It also reminds me of someone who once said it is those last few hours that is where heaven and hell are. There is after all no escape from oneself in those closing moments.

So off to another funeral in a few days and sorting out the estate. I have no internet access in Brum so might not be able to post later this week.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:52 pm

wags wrote:My step dad has succumbed to the disease and died the other day. I have found that the attitude between the Penny and Tony an interesting lesson.

Penny died in peace and with few regrets, loved by the whole community, sadly Tony was angry and pushed all away and died in anger and earlier than expected by about a year. I suspect a positive mental attitude is part of the picture. It also reminds me of someone who once said it is those last few hours that is where heaven and hell are. There is after all no escape from oneself in those closing moments.

So off to another funeral in a few days and sorting out the estate. I have no internet access in Brum so might not be able to post later this week.

My condolences for your loss, Wags.

I agree with your suspicions.
LuisP
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Core Science