EM Space Drive

Posting here requires that the topic be proven science or accepted mainstream theories.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

EM Space Drive

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:38 pm

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... pace-drive

And interesting subject. It appears that a scientist from NASA is using microwaves to power a thruster.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Re: EM Space Drive

Postby DavidG » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 am

Mikado14 wrote:http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-07/31/nasa-validates-impossible-space-drive

And interesting subject. It appears that a scientist from NASA is using microwaves to power a thruster.

Mikado

Saw this yesterday, it seems as it could be a start, even though thrust levels are oh so tiny, thats how progress is made. I guess projecting any sort of waveform against the aether could provide thrust, its just maybe a matter of what frequency the waveform is transmitted at?

I bet a NASA rocket scientist was making popcorn at lunch one day when he thought of this.... ;)
Should I strap down my microwave oven for safety?

Wonder if using those microwaves to heat some sort of material and allow that expanding material to exit through a nozzle might work, in a different way of using the energy expended?

Wired has some cool stuff sometimes.
DavidG
Lt. Commander

Return to Hard Core Science