The Metaphysical

This forum is dedicated to the dreamers.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

The Metaphysical

Postby StarCat » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Is the metaphysical real, or is it just a fantasy?

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Re: The Metaphysical

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Such simple question with so few words and yet a complicated answer.

I would suppose that would depend on who/whom you were to ask. There are those that believe on blind faith precipitated by what one would call a gut feeling. Then there are those that believe because of an experience. And yet again, there are those who were told by someone who experienced something and they trust what they say.

Which unfortunately brings us to those that don't because either they are agnostic or they won't believe until such time as they experience something.

And then there are a whole slew of things in between.

I think I will go with the answer Yes...real.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:05 am

I posed it as an open-ended question because there are so very many answers. I hope more people will step up with answers. I don't think it could be limited to fifty shades of gray.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Gray....good choice of color.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Morecool » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Ok... I will step up and play. Hiya Starcat, Mikado and those who post after...

The interesting thing when one talks about proof of the metaphysical is that proof is HIGHLY subjective and the requirements for such can only be dealt with on a person to person basis. Unfortunatly this is also true when we talk about any new kind of science and/or discoveries that perhaps fall outside of the "official or authorized or even approved" subjects.

While some say seeing is believing. What they fail to recognise is their own ability to work out how the senses are often fooled and also are not that reliable in picking up all the needed information.

I will state here that yes I believe that the metaphysical is possible. My burden of proof was met many times over.

There are some though that no amount of proof will help and by the same cosmic token there are some who will believe anything. Including what so called imaginary friends have to say! :lol:
Morecool
Ensign Apprentice

Postby Soloma » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 am

I always enjoy your posts MC, hope all is well with you and yours.

It seems to me the original question you are asking Cat is whether or not I believe in the unexplained, yes I do and am very interested in Metaphysics and its myriad of thought provoking philosophies. Science meeting religion, what is not to love or doubt about all our wonderful experiences?
Soloma
Commander

Postby StarCat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm

It's an open-ended question for anyone who cares to reply. I've been a practitioner of the Craft for more than forty years, do the metaphysical is very real for me. Others might view it quite differently.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 pm

But Cat, the metaphysical is not just limited to a craft, is it?

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby StarCat » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:42 pm

No. The Craft is simply my strongest connection to the metaphysical.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Return to The Esoteric, the Metaphysical and Pseudoscience