The Structure of Space...ala Brown

This forum is dedicated to the dreamers.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: The Structure of Space...ala Brown

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:12 am

Getting back to Brown's idea of the Structure of Space, I was given his paper back in 2008. The page was titled "Part II" was there ever a "Part I"?

Throughout the paper, Brown discussed the makeup of space. Of course, from the perspective of others, makeup and structure are not necessarily the same but in the paper, Brown was referring to what the Structure of Space was made up of.

He used the term μK and sometimes spelled it muK. He postulated that there were areas of low μK and high μK. Obliquely he referred to those areas where μ could be low and K high along with the reverse being true.

μ (Mu) is the magnetic permeability of free space and K is the dielectric constant. The vacuum of space has a dielectric constant of 1. Our atmosphere at sea level has a dielectric constant slightly greater than 1.

In the book "Defying Gravity", Paul Schatzkin wrote of an event that took place after Brown was discharged from the Navy and he and Josephine were driving across country to California where he went to work for Vega Aircraft. Well they were in a restaurant and has purchased some post cards. It was raining outside and the cards had gotten wet which then caused the cards to ripple much like a sheet of corrugated metal. We were led to believe that this was a Eureka moment for Brown. Perhaps it was and perhaps it was a eureka moment in another direction but I intend to explore this.

So, Brown hypothesized that space was made up areas of μK. These areas were much like the water on the ocean. Areas where there are low currents and toward the shore will find places where the flotsam will lodge. This is an example of an area of μK.

...to be continued but open or discussion if anyone wants.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby wags » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 am

Question:

What journal was the paper published in?
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 am

It was not in any journal. It was hand written and never published. It came out of his files.

I would say that the Brown archives has a copyright to it so I can't publish. However, it was reported that Andrew Bolland posted the paper on the Pegasus forum. If it was done and no copyright notice was given than it is open sourced.

Not being able to go to the Pegasus site on the Inventors section or even to read since my IP was blocked at the same time as Linda's, I have no way of knowing.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby wags » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:40 am

Thanks,

I would rather call it his notes than a paper as that suggests 'peer review' pedantic I know but it is an important difference.

I was hoping it was a full science paper with a bibliography. Still I had 'Dark Matter' wash across my mind. Oh and 'quantum foam'.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:51 am

I see your point wags. I call it a paper due to the manner it was written and presented to me in a bindered book. The book has two sections of which the first part is extremely interesting to see the level of expertise/understanding that Brown had in regard to radar...he was no slouch. However, it is quite informative to someone who understands a bit about the topic.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 am

This little thread is a perfect example of why I believe that the phrase "Pedantic bastard" can be used as an oblique compliment.

Fruitbat.
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:08 pm

The title is taken from Brown's paper. In fact the title says "Structure of Space Part II".

When I wrote "ala" I used it in place of "by". How is that pedantic? Must be a British thing or I need to smoke some of that pot on another thread...<g>....Fred?...Fred?.....got any?......where the hell is he at when you need him....damn!

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Previous

Return to The Esoteric, the Metaphysical and Pseudoscience