Since cannabis was brought up

This forum is dedicated to the dreamers.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: Since cannabis was brought up

Postby Fruitbat » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:57 am

Am I thinking straight to be concerned that Soloma and his cats seem to be suffering similar sounding illness at a similar time? Isn't that mathematically something of an anomaly?

You have both my best wishes for a speedy and good resolution to your household's health problems and respect for putting up a decent fight. I hope you win, and kudos for sharing your methods in real time.

I wonder if your supplier will post to the UK..

The thing that confuses me about this conversation is that I thought Rick Simpson and others attributed the anti cancer action to THC component.
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Soloma » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:38 am

Good catch FB, the vet`s assistant observed that we must be genetically related. I appreciate your support, I imagine the supplier would sell to the UK depending on the UK laws. I think it is said the oil is actually sourced from the UK then tested and refined here in the US?

I am noticing the same thing, there seems to be confusion in the scientific community to a degree. Last night I watched another video before bed about cannabinoids and it seems to me that some compounds have similar effects, like at least three they discussed had anti cancer properties including thc and cbd. Perhaps this is why the medicine is so effective as a complete plant medicine as opposed to isolating specific compounds? They probably work very synergistically together.

Cannabinoid Profiles - THC, THCA, THCV, CBD, CBG, CBN...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79HokJTfPU

Tabitha just climbed into my lap and is purring, she seems to be putting weight back on. Still no sign of throw up and actually both bowls were just about clear this am, which has not happened in weeks.

I am thinking quite frankly that it was the antibiotic that really made her stop eating and begin puking. Prior, with the upper resp issue she had that we took the antibiotic for, she was throwing up what appeared to be flem, even so much as choking on it and then throwing up.

I am wondering how much benefit she is actually seeing from the cannabis oil and how much of it is her coming off the antibiotics that I had her on for a prolonged period of time trying to kill the nasty upper resp infection she had.

Regardless I am very happy with where we are now. Off to give us all another dose. If any of you decide to give this oil a go for any reason, please consider posting your results here. It would be nice for people to have a place to see how this has organically unfolded for us. Much more powerful when considering results I would think.
Soloma
Commander

Postby Soloma » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:33 pm

The forum is running like molasses for me.

FB, I sent them an email asking if they ship to UK, I will update when I get a response. So far they have developed some feedback in the product reviews for great customer service. Quite frankly, thus far I am inclined to agree.

I would like to think that they will ship to foreign countries, you are responsible for knowing if it is legal for you to buy it, from their legality disclaimer I posted earlier.

Legality:
Our Hemp CBD oil products are legal to consume, sell, and possess both here in the U.S. and in many other countries. Hemp oil is a dietary ingredient that is permitted for use in or as a dietary supplement, and our importer imports its raw hemp oil under approved tariff codes to its FDA-registered and GMP certified facility in the U.S. And hemp products that have been imported through the proper means are exempt from the marihuana and THC laws in Schedule I of the DEA, as precedented in the 2004 Federal Ruling in favor of the Hemp Industry Association (HIA) vs. the DEA, in which Judge Betty Fletcher wrote, "[T]hey (DEA) cannot regulate naturally-occurring THC not contained within or derived from marijuana-i.e. non-psychoactive hemp is not included in Schedule I. The DEA has no authority to regulate drugs that are not scheduled, and it has not followed procedures required to schedule a substance. The DEA's definition of "THC" contravenes the unambiguously expressed intent of Congress in the CSA and cannot be upheld." It is this precedence that allows hemp products to be sold in health food stores all across the country. Hemp grown within the U.S. wouldn't be compliant with federal regulations and that is why we don't source from our own state of Colorado, and instead import from out of the country.

Make sure to check your country's legal status of cannabidiol (CBD) before ordering with us. We are not liable for knowing the status of cannabidiol (CBD) in every country. It is your responsibility to know your country's laws before ordering with us.

A couple of my favorite reviews from the site...

Feeling good
01/20/2014
I have been using the CBD oil now for a month after being diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer. I am starting my second round of chemo this Thursday and I'm feeling great. I have had no nausea or vomiting from my chemo drugs and I believe strongly that the CBD oil is what has helped me to feel so good. My appetite is good and I am gaining back some of the weight I've lost.
My energy level is improving and I have every reason to believe I'm going to beat this awful disease. You must have a positive attitude to beat this.
I can't wait til I see the look on my doctors face when they keep checking my CT scans and I keep getting healthier and healthier.
Thank you for a great product. Now you'll have to excuse me because I'm hungry and I need to get a bite to eat.

http://shop.gaia-botanicals.com/Bulletp ... views=true

CBD OILS 500ml concentration
03/16/2014
Hey, this stuff works. Misses has a gambling addiction. Its been 45 days on it and I've seen a decrease in the gambling. I'd of never believed it if I hadn't of given it to her personally. Got my neighbor to take it for his seizures, and personality disorders. Seems to of helped him also. I never write reviews unless they actually work and this stuff works.

http://shop.gaia-botanicals.com/500mg-C ... views=true
Soloma
Commander

Postby Soloma » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:03 pm

I think for my mother and step mother I am going to buy the complete oil that has decarbox and acidic cbd. The video I posted earlier about knowing your cannabinoids sates that cbd-a has therapeutic qualities as well. My understanding is cbd-a is found in non mature/dried plants or ones that are not being vaped/smoked. That is attractive and again I think adds to the synergistic effects.

I would like to smoothie this and never have to go through the process of getting to the oil. You would already have everything you need. However for those who needed fast support, the oils are the way to go.

Though once again I am wondering, what about a hemp spagyric? In alchemy it is said to the the result of the next step where you calcined the gross plant material that you extracted the oil from to a pure white ash. Then you filter with distilled water and distill off the excess water to gain the plant's salt.

Essentially I believe how it works, you use the plant to make its alcohol. Then use this alcohol as your solvent to extract the oil while I believe catching the alcohol vapors. You then have the body-mind-spirit or salt-sulfur-mercury of the plant after calcining the gross plant material devoid of the oils and resins for it's salt. These three qualities are then rejoined and you have your spagyric. A more complete medicine.
Soloma
Commander

Postby Soloma » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Meant to c/p this earlier but I went off about spagyrics.

Their cbd complete oil...

ABOUT CBD COMPLETE OIL:
This herbal CBD oil blend is a special formulation of various Hemp oil extracts. As opposed to our traditional Hemp CBD oil and Bulletproof CBD Oil, CBD COMPLETE contains both the decarboxylated and non-decarboxylated forms of cannabidiol (CBD). So instead of just CBD, this blend has a 50:50 ratio of CO2 extracted CBD + CBD-A (the acid form of cannabidiol). And in addition we've also included a steam distilled cannabis sativa extract which contains an additional set of therapeutic constituents known as terpenes. Our steam distilled cannabis oil contains at least 26 different aromatic terpenes. So between the CBD, CBD-A, other cannabinoids, and cannabis terpenes, this blend is the most comprehensive hemp supplement on the market.

All these hemp ingredients are strategically based in an organic, extra virgin olive oil. We chose not to use hemp seed oil (cold pressed hemp seeds) as our base oil for this blend, like we had done with our traditional CBD oil, for one major reason. Hemp seed oil contains oxalic acids and autistic children can be sensitive to this natural food constituent. And because a fair amount of our clients are autistic children we avoided using hemp seed oil in this blend, and used olive oil instead, which doesn't contain any oxalic acids.

Imagine having the ability to grow various strains of low thc and high in other compounds such as cbd. Make their spagyrics and then combine those "spirits" into "coctails" for what ails you or an overall ultimate supplement.

Spagyric fortified smoothie anyone???
Soloma
Commander

Postby LuisP » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Many thanks for your explanations, Soloman.

Hope what follows - if you have the patience to read it, that is - may help others to better understand what you are discussing.
It helped me.

From The British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, Volume 75, Issue 2 - February 2013, Pages 303–312 , by Professor Daniela Parolaro, Department of Theoretical and Applied Sciences, Biomedical Division, Center of Neuroscience, University of Insubria.

“Cannabidiol as potential anticancer drug”

Excerpts (Italics and colors are mine):

- Cannabinoids are [i]currently used in cancer patients to palliate wasting, emesis and pain that often accompany cancer. A significant advancement in cannabinoid use in cancer treatment came from the discovery of a potential utility of these compounds for targeting and killing cancer cells.

- Several cannabinoids have been shown to exert anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic effects in various cancer types (lung, glioma, thyroid, lymphoma, skin, pancreas, uterus, breast, prostate and colorectal carcinoma) both in vitro and in vivo.

- Moreover, other antitumourigenic mechanisms of cannabinoids are currently emerging, showing their ability to interfere with tumour neovascularization, cancer cell migration, adhesion, invasion and metastasization

- Interestingly CBD has no psychotropic activity (but) it has been recently reported to act with unexpectedly high potency in vitro

- Besides its beneficial effects in the treatment of pain and spasticity and other CNS pathologies, several reports demonstrated that CBD possesses antiproliferative, pro-apoptotic effects and inhibits cancer cell migration, adhesion and invasion.

- In 2006 Ligresti et al. demonstrated for the first time that CBD potently and selectively inhibited the growth of different breast tumour cell lines

- CBD and CBD-rich extracts (containing approximately 70% CBD together with lesser amounts of other cannabinoids) … reduced infiltration of lung metastases derived from intrapaw injection of breast carcinoma cells

- Finally, the excellent paper of Shrivastava et al. adds fresh light on the cellular mechanism through which CBD induces cell death in breast cancer cells

- As a whole this work … strengthens the idea that CBD can be considered as an alternative agent for breast cancer therapy

- CBD also possesses anti-tumoural properties in gliomas, tumours of glial origin characterized by a high morphological and genetic heterogeneity and considered one of the most devastating neoplasms, showing high proliferative rate, aggressive invasiveness and insensitivity to radio- and chemotherapy.

- Evidence is emerging to suggest that CBD is a potent inhibitor of both cancer growth and spread.[/i]

Thta's it, from me. Below, link to full article.

Because it goes on …. Towards many other cancers, and effects, in very challenging “language” to the likes of me.

For WIW, from Wikipedia
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of at least 60 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis. An orally-administered liquid containing CBD has received orphan drug status in the US, for use as a treatment for dravet syndrome under the brand name, Epidiolex.

Soloma,
This stuff imported from the UK you bought, is CBD ?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I’m completely out of my depth here ….

Thanks.

Full article : http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced ... gDone=true
Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol
LuisP
Commander

Postby Soloma » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Luis, the main compound is cbd, there are other cannabinoids because this oil is a hemp plant oil. Which means it will have many compounds and an overall synergistic effect. Most people I have read prefer the whole plant oil as opposed to isolated compounds, it just works better.

Turns out it is not Pretty pooing some blood, it is Tabitha. Now neither is using the box then for their poo, what a mess. I am more concerned than ever for Tabitha, the hemp oil has her relaxed though. Food intake spiked yesterday, today she has eaten less. She is zonked out in my lap now, I can not detect any distress so I am going to continue with the oil.

Today, I bit the inside of my mouth easily six times. Odd thing though, it did not hurt, at all. Has to be the oil. While mowing earlier I could feel I bothered my kidney or whatever is making me bleed into my urine and sure enough, discoloration today. It seems directly tied to physical exertion. The pain was minimal however I am certainly paying attention, I finished mowing and decided to skip digging in the garden.

Still considering the oil for your parents Luis?
Soloma
Commander

Postby re-rose » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:13 am

Soloma wrote:I think for my mother and step mother I am going to buy the complete oil that has decarbox and acidic cbd. The video I posted earlier about knowing your cannabinoids sates that cbd-a has therapeutic qualities as well. My understanding is cbd-a is found in non mature/dried plants or ones that are not being vaped/smoked. That is attractive and again I think adds to the synergistic effects.

I would like to smoothie this and never have to go through the process of getting to the oil. You would already have everything you need. However for those who needed fast support, the oils are the way to go.

Soloma, my friend who makes home brewed oil tells me she found a recipe online that can be made with only an oz. of herb. I don't know where she found it, but if you need it, I will ask for it.
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby LuisP » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:29 am

Soloma wrote:Luis, the main compound is cbd, there are other cannabinoids because this oil is a hemp plant oil. Which means it will have many compounds and an overall synergistic effect. Most people I have read prefer the whole plant oil as opposed to isolated compounds, it just works better.

Still considering the oil for your parents Luis?

Am considering it more than ever !
Thanks to your having brought it up, for I really had no idea about this stuff.

But, have to say it, I do have issues with the psychotropic aspect and would like to see it out of the equation, at least at this stage. That is why the opinion of Prof. Parolaro regarding CBD rang so strong with me.
On the other hand, and from a strictly academic point of view, I also do realize the chemistry involved, meaning, the "overall synergistic effect" possible between the several compounds. Not to mention I realize that, once facing the Will breaker and Soul changer effects of godless Pain, all reservations pale and Relief is the only compassionate, ethical thing to do.

I only hope I'll never have to face that dilemma.

Then again, that surely was on Parolaro's mind and, from what she says ... it appears it plays no meaninful part regarding CBD, which by itself seems to be enough even if, as you say, "most people" may prefer the whole plant.

I'm looking, attentively, into this.
LuisP
Commander

Postby re-rose » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Until I see if my friend has a recipe for the 1 oz Rick Simpson oil,

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpr ... mpson-oil/

Thanks for the ordering link, Soloma. I'm going to look into it and will test it out for myself, before giving to Mom. When pot strains were less potent it was often the case that first time smokers had no awareness of being stoned. It may be that there are psychnoaut components in the home brewed oil so subtle they are only detectible by those with prior experience? The friends who reported a noticeable 'high" effect had not been smoking for a long time, but they eached recognized a noticeable 'shift of perspective' .

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

PreviousNext

Return to The Esoteric, the Metaphysical and Pseudoscience