An open statement

This forum is dedicated to the dreamers.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: An open statement

Postby Soloma » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:04 am

Good news indeed, thanks for the update.
Soloma
Commander

Postby Nancy_Hutchison » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 pm

although I have no personal contact with Kim, I am full of joy at the news you have shared
I, as well as many others have been "waiting to exhale"...anxious for Kim

I speak for myself, and IMO many others here, and wish for the two of you many years of peace and health.

Nancy
Nancy_Hutchison
Lt. Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Fantastic news, and Congrats to Kim !
Very glad for both of you.

And yes, who knows what “interfered” but one thing is very clear to me and my ignorance - and that is, the Self.
Meaning, one’s behavior, actions, thoughts and willpower are at the forefront of every fight and perhaps the main reason for success or defeat.

Every fight, though, has “rounds”. Winning first one is no guarantee of winning the second.

That is why I would be as bold and impertinent as to ask your patience to read what follows and may be, I think - therefore, I write – helpful to Kim on this next “round” facing her : that of regaining equilibrium, after all the draining spent on the first round.

I’m talking about “Rhodiola”.

Rhodiola.jpg
Rhodiola.jpg (12.89 KiB) Viewed 2522 times

Maybe you’ve heard of it, maybe you haven’t. I am giving its extract to my parents, because I believe it helps. A lot.

So, here goes, on the assumption you haven’t.
Heard of it, I mean

1 - Rhodiola is a plant. The root is used as medicine. Rhodiola is used for increasing energy, stamina, strength and mental capacity; and as a so-called “adaptogen” to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress.

2- It has a long history of use as a medicinal plant in Iceland, Sweden, France, Russia, and Greece. It is mentioned by the Greek physician Dioscorides as early as the first century AD

3- Rhodiola extracts might help protect cells from damage, regulate heartbeat, and have the potential for improving learning and memory. Rhodiola both stimulates and protects the immune system by reinstating homeostasis (metabolic balance) in the body. It also increases the natural killer cells (NK) in the stomach and spleen. This action may be due to its ability to normalise hormones by modulating the release of glucocorticoid into the body.

4 - Early evidence suggests that rhodiola might decrease fatigue in stressful situations. It acts in non-specific ways to increase resistance to stress, without disturbing normal biological functions.

5- Evidence also suggests that it acts as an antioxidant, enhances immune system function, and can increase (ahem, that's a bonus !) sexual energy. Rhodiola's efficacy was confirmed in a 2011 review of 11 placebo-controlled human studies.

6 - Rhodiola has been shown to increase anti-tumour activity by increasing the body's resistance to toxins. A range of anti-oxidant compounds have been identified in Rhodiola rosea and related species and significant free-radical scavenging activity has been demonstrated for alcohol and water extracts of Rhodiola. Rhodiola rosea might be useful in conjunction with some pharmaceutical anti-tumour agents.

7 – Anticancer research on rhodiola has begun in animal models. It has inhibited tumor growth and decreased metastasis in rats. In combination with cyclophosphamide, rhodiola extract enhanced the anti-tumor and anti-metastatic effects of drug treatment and reduced drug-induced toxicity. Combined with Adriamycin, it improved inhibition of tumor dissemination and prevented liver toxicity.

8 - In other experiments with various types of cancer, including adenocarcinomas, the use of extracts of Rhodiola Rosea resulted in significant increased survival rate.

9 - Flies that ate a diet rich with Rhodiola rosea, lived on an average of 10 percent longer than fly groups that didn’t eat the herb. Study results appear in the online version of Rejuvenation Research.

Given all the above, I have no doubts in not doubting this : It can help.
So, One should try.

Also, it has recently been discovered that Rhodiola "seems to have" important anti-radiation properties ... about which I’ll be talking some more, in the thread you know which.

Again,
Great news, and all the best to Kim.

Credits:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... 0(roseroot).aspx?activeingredientid=883&activeingredientname=rhodiola%20(roseroot)
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400399/R ... s-You.html
http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-rhodiola.html
http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbclip/241/review43593.html
http://today.uci.edu/iframe.php?p=/news ... p?key=1701

PS : Hobbit .... is it me and my delusions, or do this plant's "leafs" show a distinct, familiar pattern ? Damn ....
LuisP
Commander

Previous

Return to The Esoteric, the Metaphysical and Pseudoscience