St George

This forum is dedicated to the dreamers.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

St George

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Any ideas as to why St George is depicted slaying a dragon?
It is St Georges day here in the green and pleasant part of this world called England.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTwavrfsO44

You would be amazed at how many churches here have dragons depicted on or within them.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Re: St George

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Just down the road a piece,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman/4923185134/
Friendly little dragon.
kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Lots of effort put into showing St George slaying a dragon?
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=st+ ... &FORM=IGRE
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:09 pm

A war memorial????????
Just a few miles from My shop.
http://www.pictures.walesdirectory.co.u ... hp?id=2604
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:33 pm

I need to go to work but there is something knocking in the back of my head about this topic. I will think...cogitate.....ponder.....and see if I can remember.

Someday, kevin, I will walk into your shop and surprise you, at least that is my plan. I hope there is a place nearby for a room for I want you to show me around. They do let green trolls into the UK I assume?

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Mikado14 wrote:I need to go to work but there is something knocking in the back of my head about this topic. I will think...cogitate.....ponder.....and see if I can remember.

Someday, kevin, I will walk into your shop and surprise you, at least that is my plan. I hope there is a place nearby for a room for I want you to show me around. They do let green trolls into the UK I assume?

Mikado

I am sure a big green giant would be allowed in, but Your post could be viewed as a bit strange.
Why do You want a "room"
I usually advice those in love to get a room, not that I don't think a lot about You, just jesting .
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Soloma » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:52 am

Could the dragon represent something personal or internal as opposed to an exterior force? Perhaps something along the lines of conquering or at least controlling his own kundalini (serpent)?
Soloma
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 am

kevin wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:I need to go to work but there is something knocking in the back of my head about this topic. I will think...cogitate.....ponder.....and see if I can remember.

Mikado

I am sure a big green giant would be allowed in, but Your post could be viewed as a bit strange.
Why do You want a "room"
I usually advice those in love to get a room, not that I don't think a lot about You, just jesting .
Kevin

Hmmm, I suppose you right...I could have worded that a might bit different.

Need a room, like a Hotel/bed &breakfast cause I plan for you to show me some of the sights and I think that would be more than a day.

Might be awhile, I heard it is more difficult to get a passport for green trolls. In any event, you will have a heads up but it will still be a surprise.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby wags » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby kevin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 pm

wags wrote:St George and Dragon Legend:-

http://www.scholastic.co.uk/assets/a/20 ... 217327.pdf

Yes Wags I doubt there are many who realise the Libya connections.
And presently a moron called cameron has been blowing hell to pieces in Libya, and countless humans are drowning in the med thanks to the morons efforts.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Next

Return to The Esoteric, the Metaphysical and Pseudoscience