Paranoia

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Paranoia

Postby LuisP » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Be advised :
Any similarities with living personas is not purely coincidental :

"A suspicious mind is always spotting hidden meanings nobody else even considers are there. Left unchecked, suspicious thinking can evolve into a paranoid personality disorder, a state in which you may not even think you have a "problem". But have."

PPD, or Paranoid Personality Disorder
The central characteristics of PPD are
(a) a high degree of mistrustfulness and suspicion, always looking for evidence that the other is set against them or their beliefs,
(b) a confrontational and disputatious attitude, forever questioning the motivations and trustworthiness of the others and their actions, and
(c) feelings of certainty, without justification or proof, that others are intent on harming or exploiting them

Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder

Expressively Defensive : Tenacious and firmly resistant to sources of external influence and control, always expecting derogation, malice, and deception.

Interpersonally Provocative : Bears grudges and is unforgiving of those of the past, displays fractious and abrasive attitude with recent acquaintances, and precipitates exasperation and anger by a testing of loyalties and preoccupation with hidden motives.

Mistrustful Cognitive Style : Is unwarrantedly skeptical, and cynical of the motives of others, construing innocuous events as signifying hidden or conspiratorial intent, with tendency to read hidden meanings into benign matters and to magnify tangential or minor difficulties into proofs of duplicity and treachery

Inviolable Self-Image : Has persistent ideas of self-importance and self-reference, perceiving attacks on one's character not apparent to others.

Unalterable Objects : Internalized representations of significant early relationships are a fixed and implacable configuration of deeply held beliefs and attitudes.

Projection Regulatory Mechanism : Actively disowns undesirable personal traits and motives, and attributes them to others; remains blind to one's own unattractive behaviors and characteristics, yet is overalert to, and hypercritical of, similar features in others.

Inelastic Morphologic Organization : Create an overstrung and taut frame that is so uncompromising in its accommodation to changing circumstances that unanticipated stressors are likely to precipitate explosive outbursts.

Irascible Mood-Temperament : Attempts to appear unemotional and objective, but is edgy, envious, jealous, quick to take personal offense and react angrily.

Causes of Paranoid Personality Disorder

Most professionals subscribe to a biopsychosocial model of causation, such as how a person interacts - in their early development - with their family and friends and other children.

Treatment of Paranoid Personality Disorder

Typically involves long-term psychotherapy with a therapist. The social consequences of this serious mental disorder – family disruption, estrangement of acquaintances, friends and relatives - can be calamitous.

Credits :
- Institute for Advanced Studies in Personology and Psychopathology
- Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders
- Psych Central Staff
LuisP
Commander

Re: Paranoia

Postby Fruitbat » Tue May 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Wow, you just nailed exactly what happens to me when the guy across the road turns on his mindcontrol machine.

How do you know? Are you in league with him?

And on a more practical note: How do you get baco foil to stick to the wall properly, (and then how on earth do you stick the wallpaper back on over the baco foil)? Obviously you have to put all the electrical connections underneath the skirting board and the upper ones in the roof moulding, but getting the actual wallpaper flat again afterwards is proving really difficult. Then there is the problem of the mobile phone signal is it better to have the room impervious to all frequencies, or will that give me away if any of them come to my house and realise that the mind control signals is being blocked, because their phones do not work. LIfe woudl eb so much easier if they would just leave me alone..

FB!
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby LuisP » Tue May 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Hello, FB.

What can I say ? Good to see you … that, I sure can.

I think I can also understand - perhaps - what it took you to deal with those electrical connections underneath the skirting board, and getting the wallpaper flat again afterwards.~

Only proves what I, in my sincere modesty, always thought. And said, even if (my fault, surely) somewhat not well understood, at the time – that all things seen, you are a much better guy at being left alone than you give yourself credit for.

So, no, I’m not in league with that guy across the road …. but sure am glad to assist you in smashing his contraption ! That I positively can also say.
How about trying a open, instead of a closed, circuit ? If the right frequencies then get through, will they not squelch the bad ones ? I believe there are a lot more of the former than of the latter, so that’s why I’m saying it.

Maybe then you won’t need all that baco foil and even less to deprive yourself of your phone.

You could also try a more drastic measure.
Just tell him to Fuk Off.

Not proper Shakespeare, I know.
LuisP
Commander

Postby Fruitbat » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:16 am

I heard somewhere that Gordon Brown sold off the UK gold cheap a while back because they had finally found a way to make the stuff in an industrial process rumoured to come from an acccident at Sellafield... We British are clever and sneaky, (It's how we won world war two, whilst passing on the expense and aggravation of running the empire on to America, of course) so who knows, it might be true.. We could also pull the rug out from underneath the chinese effort to become the new worlds reserve currency backed by gold of course, so again, we still get to remain in charge in the background. I mean, if you think about it, the UK has seemingly done SOD ALL of note in the world pretty much since starting the industrial revolution, in victorian times. (and organising and running world war two of course...)

Why else do we English live a first world lifestyle (except in the field of dentistry, of course) when none of us do any work in manufacturing or agriculture any more? We've been clandestinely (and also openly) selling home made gold! Of course, it all makes sense now... 8-)
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby wags » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:36 am

I think you have sold the UK short there. Reminds me of the saying 'What have the Romans ever done for us?" (Monty Python, UK).
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby LuisP » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:36 pm

wags wrote:I think you have sold the UK short there. Reminds me of the saying 'What have the Romans ever done for us?" (Monty Python, UK).

Concur.

Short-selling should be abolished. And "naked" short-selling should be criminalized.

Only those who have the assets and paid for them, should be able to sell, if so wanted.
LuisP
Commander

Return to The Round Table