Time-out

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: Time-out

Postby StarCat » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:53 pm

I've seen some stories about the bank debacle in Portugal and wondered if it bit you.

Sounds like your vacation was not quite what you envisioned. My ribs hurt just reading about yours.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Thanks Cat.
Rib still hurts and gives bad nights, but it is mending. Next time, I'll surely be less adventurous and my 2 fish ( ! ) will then come at a not so high a price.
As to the deblace, it is only on my competitor's house even if some damage leaked onto ours.
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:31 pm

When he first stepped up, few had heard of him.
But he came determined to change that.

And did.

For he not only excelled all that had competed before him, he has yet to be beaten by any of the all that came after him.

After he was gone, in his wake he left everyone amazed. For by his prowess and discipline alone, he demolished and laid to waste no less than thirty-seven World Records.

He was aged 23 when he reached supremacy and proved he was Matchless, records showing that for the first time ever, Gold was bestowed Eight times on a single man.
At the ripe age of 27, having beaten everything that could be thrown against him, he decided to retire and leave the Field to whoever might be Better .

By then, he had amassed 21 Olympic medals.

No one has yet broken this man’s record.

That is his Legacy.
One which, I think, Achilles himself would bow to.

His name is Michael Phelps.

Michael 'EightBall' Phelps.jpg
Michael 'EightBall' Phelps.jpg (6.02 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

Then,
1 - Phelps, now 29, pleaded guilty to drunken driving and was sentenced to a year in prison, sentence is suspended, with probation for a year and a half.
2 – This happened because Phelps registered a 0.14 percent on a blood-alcohol test, the legal limit being 0.08 percent in Maryland, USA.
3- It was not Phelps' first brush with the law, or with drinking and driving. His first DUI arrest came in 2004 on the Eastern Shore of Maryland when he was 19. He was then also sentenced to probation.
4 - Another embarrassment for Phelps came in 2009, when a British tabloid newspaper published a photo of him using a marijuana pipe at a party in South Carolina.
5 – Lastly, Phelps “fraternized” with Taylor Lianne Chandler – or so she/he claims – who happens to be an alleged Intersex (?) person.

Taylor Lianne Chandler.jpg
Taylor Lianne Chandler.jpg (6.14 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

So, lemme get this straight
a) While driving, a teenage kid gets stopped by police after a party, with alcohol in his blood.
b) Aged 24, after being hailed a Hero by his fellow countrymen and a Freak by all other fellows, he’s caught smoking a marijuana pipe.
c) In the interim, he may – or may not – have indulged in a bit of a Reed’s “walk on the wild side” with a big breasted shemale.
d) And, finally, at the extremely responsible age of 29, he drives with Zero comma Fourteen grams of alcohol in his blood, gets caught once again (too many !) and sent forthwith to a Alcoholics Anonymous repentance program.

This guy, in his now old under 30 Years of Age, has a public rap sheet with two offenses plus an indecent sex behavior conduit to sweeten it up.

The USofAmerica hypocritical Puritanism never ceases to amaze some of us from the USofEurope pragmatic Libertinism.

For the record,

In my Youth days, I drank and drove and was stopped with not Zero comma something but with 1,15 grams. I got entangled twice in fistfights where property was shattered and jaws broken amidst open brows and crushed noses, among other muscle flexing episodes with less exuberant consequences. I prowled, chased and “fraternized” with some of my neighbors daughters and a few of someone else’s stranger ones (I wasn’t into checking ID’s, just their boobs and bottoms to see if worth following up with all the rest of the stuff for I was a quality demanding guy), and did it with unrepentant passion with these sexed persons (Inter or whatever, I don’t remember and I don’t care) unembarrassed enthusiasm and consenting collaboration, all the while and all of that under the extremely excruciating conditions, and painstaking discipline of, following through with the hardships derived from the constant glare of the anonymous attention granted by a college boy’s classroom challenges.

Besides a “No mon, no fun, your son” followed by a “Too bad, so sad, your dad” and a couple slaps from a bored cop facing a testosterone-high kid, my rap sheet is as clean as a brand new roll of toilet paper.

Which helped me a lot, latter on, with keeping it clean.

Not to mention, with letting me grow up. So as to face the music and its Consequences, not just some blind Law or, even less (thank Him), a stupid Press.

Thing is,
Move on, Phelps.

You’re an okay guy, for a Hero.

Even if a kid needing a good slap on his face.
LuisP
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Luis,

The problem is the media. A long time ago, in land far, far away, the media used to tell the truth. They didn't take sides. The reasoning was that the truth was important. No agendas and it was up to the readers or viewers of the media to make their own judgement for that is what freedom was, a right to choose.

Something happened along the way from then until now. The media is driven by principles derived from what they think the rest should be thinking for they now better than anyone else, their view is the correct view or so they think. They indoctrinate those views upon us repeatedly for what we do is wrong in their eyes and according to their principles.

Therefore, someone as Phelps is not allowed to be a person. Not allowed to have a personal life. He must be something other than that. He is a commodity so that when he lives his life as he wants but is contrary to what they feel is proper, then he will be brought down and be made to look as if he is something less than a normal person.

The media has become the self-righteous watch dog of all the people, whether it be by lifestyle, politics, family, whatever, they know what we all should be.

Just my two euros,

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby wags » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:59 am

Mikado,

Reminds me of Bernie Goldberg! ;)

Wags

Mikado14 wrote:Luis,

The problem is the media. A long time ago, in land far, far away, the media used to tell the truth. They didn't take sides. The reasoning was that the truth was important. No agendas and it was up to the readers or viewers of the media to make their own judgement for that is what freedom was, a right to choose.

Something happened along the way from then until now. The media is driven by principles derived from what they think the rest should be thinking for they now better than anyone else, their view is the correct view or so they think. They indoctrinate those views upon us repeatedly for what we do is wrong in their eyes and according to their principles.

Therefore, someone as Phelps is not allowed to be a person. Not allowed to have a personal life. He must be something other than that. He is a commodity so that when he lives his life as he wants but is contrary to what they feel is proper, then he will be brought down and be made to look as if he is something less than a normal person.

The media has become the self-righteous watch dog of all the people, whether it be by lifestyle, politics, family, whatever, they know what we all should be.

Just my two euros,

Mikado
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:31 pm

And we have here something from Linda:

http://www.cosmic-token.com/forum/viewt ... 062#p31062

Linda Leach wrote:The PRESS printing the absolute truth?
Postby Linda Brown » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Someone on the HUT ( the paragon of virtue as far as " printing the " truth" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has recently printed this. I thought that it would give you all a good morning laugh.

"The problem is the media. A long time ago, in land far, far away, the media used to tell the truth. They didn't take sides. The reasoning was that the truth was important. No agendas and it was up to the readers or viewers of the media to make their own judgement for that is what freedom was, a right to choose. "

What historical period is this person living in? What disinformation is he spreading here? The press has ALWAYS been used as an instrument of disinformation and public control. Anyone who thinks differently than that needs to study history just a little more carefully. And note how the shift of blame is being used here! The "problem" is always something else....someone else... and they are always to be used to blame.

The difference NOW is that with the instantaneous... person to person media which has developed between us all.... the " press" that usually forms our opinions of our day to day reality is losing its grip. Information is going directly to the consumer. and it is flashing like a wildfire jumping from tree top to tree top. CONTROL of information is going away.......Even on small forums.

The winter Solstice is today. Its the shortest day and the longest night of the year... and changes will come with that. The days of sunlight will get longer and longer.... and the shadows will have less time to hide things away from all of us.

GO FORTH. ( my Dad would say!)
and " Stay on the Sunny side of the street"( My Mom would say! ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would appear that for someone who finds this forum so full of lies and as the person who can't stand to look at the accident as it happens, still does so through slitted fingers. Whose not being truthful?

In my post, I don't believe I was implying that the media at some point in the past told the "absolute" truth nor did I use the word "absolute". The writer above only has served up a prime example of what I am referring to and that is, that there are those who report, either embellish the facts or add to the facts and embed within what they write their own personal opinion.This is what I am referring to, those that report a story do not just report the facts as they are but tend...no...."do" interject their personal opinions within the report. When reporting an incident, they tend to leave out "facts" that are contrary to what is their opinion.

News articles resemble more of op-ed (opinion editorials) than actual news reports.

Misinformation has and always will be in the press but in my original post, I said "media". I did not say the "Press" as she so eloquently put in the "title" of her post.

As I said, in her lust to criticize, she only provides proof to what has been, and will be, said in regard to her "reporting" of facts in regard to her Daddy.

Mikado

PS: and as far as the Internet goes, it has muddied the water to an extent on the truth for one can find both sides of the equation anywhere but that is what due-dilidgence is all about. So far, there has been no explanation of facts presented in the Due-Diligence of this site other than chatter as to it's veracity with no offer of proof of their own view. (Linda's word is not proof nor phantom anonymous individuals.)
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:32 pm

One other item I forgot to mention.....

...I see my apartment is still there for I still have free rent.

Mikado

(just in case no one understands, the free rent is in her head

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 pm

And here is an example of what Linda Leach says is the information from person to person being put out on the Internet and making the assumption that the information is accurate but the reality, it is just the opposite.

http://news.yahoo.com/journalist-apolog ... 16178.html

article wrote:<snip>
But Biddle took her tweet at face value and posted it to the popular Gawker blog under the sarcastic headline, “And Now, a Funny Holiday Joke from IAC's PR Boss.”

It quickly went viral and spawned the hashtag #HasJustineLandedYet, which people used to vent their anger and attack Sacco.

“Not knowing anything about her,” Biddle wrote in a Gawker article published Saturday morning, “I had taken its cluelessness at face value, and hundreds of thousands of people had done the same: instantly hating her because it's easy and thrilling to hate a stranger online.”

<snip>

Biddle says that he tried to rationalize sharing her tweet with the world — to generate outrage/traffic — by viewing the act as media criticism, social justice, or karma, but that when he saw her in person, he knew he couldn’t suppress the guilt.

<snip>

Truth in reporting or just to increase traffic to his site?

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby kevin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Yesterday was the solstice.
See if You can see how such a TIMEing relates to this link?
http://thelamplight.ca/schematicoftime/researching3.htm
You will need to read through the pages, and then try to consider how the solstices and equinoxs fit into the patterning described .
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby DavidG » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:26 pm

kevin wrote:Yesterday was the solstice.
See if You can see how such a TIMEing relates to this link?
http://thelamplight.ca/schematicoftime/researching3.htm
You will need to read through the pages, and then try to consider how the solstices and equinoxs fit into the patterning described .
Kevin

As my cymatics plate has shown me in 2d.there is a distinct pattern to all...what caught my eye in this link, Kevin, was the subtle reference to Stellar Metamorphosis..which to me seems to be gaining a bit more ground as understanding of celestial physics reaches a higher level.

So, would we perceive the solstices and equinoxes as points of interference, or what some might call the corners of cubic manifestation..points where time has no relevance, and all is still?

Pinch points per se?

Present, or what Tolle likes to call..the NOW?

Cheers, and happy holiday to you and yours..and everyone else here..

Dave
DavidG
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The Round Table