Time-out

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: Time-out

Postby StarCat » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:05 pm

My grandson wears glasses. His first question would be "Can I play Minecraft with it?"

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Aren't those the same glasses that places wouldn't allow anyone to enter if wearing them?

Google goggles?......<g>...not to be confused with beer goggles.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby LuisP » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:28 pm

So,

Inside the seemingly speedy time of 1 week, all feckin hell broke loose :
The wife busted her car, I fried and bricked my laptop by reason of having spilled a large amount of a perfectly decent glass of red wine onto it (am just now using my daughter’s, much to her dissatisfaction and teenage acute proprietary dismay and injury), my land neighbor in the little farm that has been my pride and joy decided to build a house next to mine, which will obstruct a till now uncompromised 20 mile horizon free view AND, lastly – but not in the least – my bank is reeling under the pressure originated by our major competitor, who suddenly decided to roll over and announce its major stakeholder has gonne almost bankrupt . Oh and yes, this said by them inside a week when MY bank was raising 2,2 Billion in fresh cash from OUR stakeholders. As in, shite happens in the damnest of times.

So,

Shite being shite, I have to say some of it has definitely hit the fan this last week.
Thank God I’m due some 3 weeks vacation starting next Monday. Hope in the meantime, as we say around here, I’ll be fortunate enough to “have some dog raise its hind leg and pee on my trousers” so as to be done with this marvelous lucky streak run. Oh yes, I am in thrills, believe me, anticipating that yellowish, smelly and warm dog bladder liquid and its “end of the road” significance.

But hell, I’m all positive agenda and so, hey sure, better all of that than a disease, right ? as my mother, that practical woman, said to me, patting my leg (only cats in da house, unfortunately, a dog might be handy and mine will never pee in my trousers, damn) while reminding me of “really important issues” such as my niece’s (my sister’s daughter) upcoming August wedding and the fact that my troubles are but pale nuisances in the greater scheme of Family Life.
Needless to say – but I’ll say it unneedly – am by now drinking a generous amount of bottled hard Scottish labor done 12 years ago (daring it to spill onto my Princess’s laptop!) while pondering about the strange vicissitudes that befall the unwary.

All this to say I will be gone for awhile.

Hope you guys, in the meantime, wish that some stray dog looks with interest at my trousers …

Cheers !
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Here's hoping some canine renal precipitation comes your way!

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby kevin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:42 am

LouisP,
Spread some of that dog P about, sil vous plait.
Just contacted My son in hospital after He has been involved in some strange pedal bike incident.
Luckily the nurses in Leeds ,He reports, are fine seamstresses , and knitting Him back together.
Paranoia could run riot at the moment, but something ain't reet.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby DavidG » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:36 am

Ditto on the various confoundments and escapades of a number of folks here, this full moon has fueled the vast sea of bizarre and unfettered responses from lady luck in our camp as well, with craziness and loonyness abound.

Luis, I have two dogs, and they assure me that having them relieve upon your pantaloons would make them so incredulously pleased, but alas, from your spelling of shite, and imbibement of well respected Scottish malts, I can see they would have to swim about 4000 miles to complete such a monumental wetting at your behest.

The last three days I have watched normally sane and calm individuals encounter some of the most vile and wretched life events, and for myself the minor scrapes and bruises to my geometric bubble have been somewhat distracting at best, hopefully we can get through all of this without some lonely spinster forgetting to turn off her turbocharged vibrator, setting up a vibratory wave which resonates with the Earth's core and annihilates our planet.

Did anyone see the little feller conjoined with the moon on this week in the Southern sky? I wont be welcoming that alignment anytime soon again I hope.

Where is Mr Scott when we need him to beam us up?

D
DavidG
Lt. Commander

Postby LuisP » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Thank you all.

Hope to get this done with with local K9's.

It will understand my gratifying barking in reply, I like to think.
LuisP
Commander

Postby Soloma » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Missing your posts Luis, hope all is well.
Soloma
Commander

Postby Fruitbat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 am

PM me your address Luis and I'll mail you a bottle of mine.
You'll have to pour it on your leg yourself of course...

:c) FB!

Obviously I hope you stuff gets better all round, and your neighbour decides to build his house someplace else. (By a surplus mobile phone mast and erect it at the bottom of your garden? Making sure that the dish part is pointing right through his proposed development?) Or alternatively if he's struggling for cash, chuck him a bit of money in exchange for him being co-operative about how he implements his new dwelling? With a bit of thought and considerate construction it maybe needn't impinge on your view as much as you fear?
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby LuisP » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello one and all !
Back from my vacation. Couple days now, but found myself returning to a local financial tsunami (remember my talking about our major competitor difficulties? well, it went under, as in, drowned, and has meanwhile been intervened and quartered up, all inside a single month !) and that has been taking, and will continue to take, a lot of my time and energy with collateral damage control and shrapnel dodging.

I have a lot of pending wok here (interesting one, for a change vis a vis the other that takes up most of my time), and will in time have to deal with that.

Have been trying to catch up with stuff here, prior to this post. Sad. My sincere sympathy to Dan, FB and Wags for their losses. Pets and Friends (redundant classification). Cancer seems the common denominator. May you, if I may put it like that, find the strength to overcome your grief, and keep going. And fighting, with no heartbreak, or callousness. So that It will not change you.

My best wishes to Kim’s speedy recovery (July 28th does seem a day among days). I have already ordered CBD oil for my parents. Am truly convinced that it “interferes” (whatever that means) with cancer cells “functioning” and should therefore be used. The fact that some insist on THC will only tell me something if it is shown that no CBD was also present. Far as I’ve understood (not that I understand much) those who try to fight this “alien” disease (given it being telomerase enabled and also able to interfere where no other human cell is able, like germ cells !) with the Hemp plant, are solely – solely – concerning their studies on CBD, the other cannabinoid THC being used to quell pain due to its other “properties”.

But I concur with those that say that there is no “single” key and that the overall “status” of the body is of the essence, meaning, a multidisciplinary approach to the “disease”, and not just a “shotgun” one such as radio or chemo therapies, is, perhaps, the soundest way to deal with this undoubtedly, and overall, growing menace. I’m doing what I have meanwhile learned with both my parents.

Finally, and just for the record, my “lucky streak” kept going inside my vacation. Three days inside it, I broke a rib (lower fluctuating right side) climbing a reef after a fishing day. A few days afterwards, my daughter got tonsillitis (in plain Summer) and lastly, in the midst of the second week, my beloved 50 year old Land Rover Series II decided to short circuit itself and die.

And then it hit me.
That unexpected and much appreciated IRS kickback I got two months ago. A five number check, out of nowhere, money received without effort or sacrifice suddenly on my lap due to some ingenious tax engineering made just for the fun of it, and to see if it paid off.

My harsh Catholic upbringing and its inherent Guilt complex blew then with gale force on my mind - You played dice which you shouldn’t, you messed with what you couldn’t and the Price of it all is at your doorstep. Repent, and deal with it. Or not.

Now all this may sound like a lot of crap and superstitious bullshite – and maybe it is – but fact remains that it made sense to me. And that’s when I decided to make amends.

Which I did.
How ? that’s Confidential, if you wish. And not to the point.

Point is, I did make amends.
And - go figure - from then onwards (a competitor even in death hurting me, regardless) it has been a very relaxing, uneventful, bone mending, tonsillitis ailing, wife’s car repair and Land Rover cruising days. My PC is the last still needing some workout but I’m taking care of it, even if my very well organized and tentacular digital archived net is now lost.

I’m feeling good.

And free.

And that’s most of what it is all about.
Isn’t it ?

Again, my warm greetings and best wishes.
Glad to be here, with You All.
LuisP
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The Round Table