Time-out

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: Time-out

Postby StarCat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm not a fan of liver. Probably too much taking care of people with end stage liver disease. You are more than welcome to my share of the liver Mikado.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 pm

StarCat wrote:... Is origami perhaps the long lost twin of oregano? I could manage that. Prey enlighten this poor befuddled feline.

Cat

Er, (ahem)... yes, it is.
Forgive this ignorance. As someone constantly reminds me - "Fish die by the mouth".

Correctly proven, once again.

Oregano.jpg
Oregano.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 2378 times

Origami.jpg
Origami.jpg (6.22 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Will try your recipe, Traveler, thanks ! Will not try yours, Mikado, sorry, I too look at liver with (cough) “discomfort”.

To me - that is - a grilled steak, after all, is a grilled steak and one should do better justice with that prime rate meat, when one eats it. I too grill meat stuff (mostly pork varieties such as sausages or other such knick knacks like the photo below shows) but as a kind of an open air, entertainment meal, or as an “amuse gueule” that opens the way to (ahem) serious business.

Grill food ....jpg
Grill food ....jpg (7.14 KiB) Viewed 2373 times

But I don’t eat steaks very often. Prefer seafood ... and fish, and that is why I too get in trouble with my mouth !

As to seasoning enhancers, of which I use only some "liberal drops” on – just – the meat :

“Lawry's Seasoned Salt” Ingredients : Salt, Sugar, Spices (Including Paprika And Turmeric), Onion, Cornstarch, Garlic, Tricalcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking), Natural Flavor, Paprika Oleoresin (For Color) … and also “partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil”, or so it says here http://www.musingsofastrongblackwoman.c ... rans-fats/

Lawry's Salt.jpg
Lawry's Salt.jpg (5.7 KiB) Viewed 2373 times

“Worcestershire Sauce” Ingredients: distilled white vinegar, molases, water, sugar, onions, anchovies, salt, garlic, cloves, tamarind extract, natural flavorings, chili pepper extract.

Worcestershire Sauce.jpg
Worcestershire Sauce.jpg (3.72 KiB) Viewed 2373 times

I should also add that this "mixture" sits for a full two whole years, undergoing periodic stirrings in the meantime, before being bottled. Also, Tamarind fruit is not there for nothing - it not only contains more sugar than any other fruit balanced by its also high content of acid, giving a sweet/sour taste, but it also does have medicinal value as a mild laxative and can ease fevers. Meaning, helps your digestion and "eases" its side effects.

You choose what you choose.

Firefighters ? Yes, I know about them – they fight fires.

I stick to the kitchen.
Less hazardous.

But hey … besides sanctimonious, I'm also an obnoxious prick.

Or so I've been told.
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:25 pm

I like to cook steaks on a charcoal grill. None of that propene stuff for me. Sorry Hank Hill. You can keep your propane.

I'm relieved to know that I don't need to cook chopped paper. As I said, I've nearly set fire to the kitchen twice in ten years. Best not to push my luck.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby LuisP » Sun May 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Congratulations to Kim, Cat, Rose and Nancy.
Hope you have a nice Mother's Day. Especially being Double-Moms.

Mothers. Life Givers and Soul Shapers.
Imperfect, stubborn or even estranged ... whatever, for they're Human. Not deities.

Men always cry out for their Mothers, whatever their age.

Some will only know it when facing the Great Equalizer.
Death.

I remember, and Thank Them, every day of my Life.

Especially, today.
LuisP
Commander

Postby Kim » Sun May 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Thank you so much for the warm wishes for Mothers Day. I, for one, have done nothing as rewarding as motherhood. Many woman speak of their jobs, careers, hobbies, etc. but for me there is nothing that stands to top motherhood.

Our Mothers Day here is next weekend, May 11th. It is a day of both happiness (because I am a mother) and great sadness for me because of my loss. It is a day that I have trouble getting through but knowing there are people out there like you, who remember their mothers, and thank them, it makes it just a little easier.

So again I thank you for your kindness and beautiful words. Kim
What we take time to dream, do we dare make reality?
Kim
Lt. Commander

Postby StarCat » Sun May 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Thank you Luis. It's a dirty job sometimes. Thankfully they eventually outgrow the need for diapers. I try to plant things every Mother's Day, to honor our mother earth. And I think of the three children I have on the other side. They didn't make it into this world. I wasn't able to sustain a term pregnancy after my daughter. It helps that others remember the contributions that mothers make.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby wags » Wed May 28, 2014 6:35 pm

~ Independence ~

Washington fought first Jumonville,
In seven years, war with the French,
After Wolf’s loses Quebec & a continent,
Tea tax levied from mother Parliament,
To pay the wars, sours colonial content.
Thirteen states make plea to mad King George.
But history reveals, Lord North’s was the fool,
For wisdom in truth of representative rule,
Foundered in far distant Downing Street,
On the Fourth fathers declare independence date.
Solemn vows firm reliance, providence divine,
Pledged lives, for if caught hanged one at a time.
Don’t tread upon me” the serpent flag proclaims,
And General Washington leads patriotic battle cry.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Next big Craze
(I'd wager...)

Google Glass.jpg
Google Glass.jpg (6.13 KiB) Viewed 2316 times

Google Glass is a wearable computer with an optical head-mounted display. It was developed by Google with the mission of producing a mass-market ubiquitous computer and displays information in a smartphone-like hands-free format allowing wearers to communicate with the Internet via natural language voice commands

It sells since last April for around $1500 (!) and can be used as a “stand-alone” or coupled with your regular glasses.

GG on regular eye glass.jpg
GG on regular eye glass.jpg (5.04 KiB) Viewed 2316 times

Features
Touchpad: A touchpad is located on the side of Google Glass, allowing users to control the device by swiping through a timeline-like interface displayed on the screen. Sliding backward shows current events, such as weather, and sliding forward shows past events, such as phone calls, photos, circle updates, etc.
Camera: Has the ability to take photos and record 720p HD video.
Display: The Explorer version of Google Glass uses a Liquid Crystal on Silicon, field-sequential color and a LED illuminated display

Applications
Besides free applications built by third-party developers, also uses many existing Google applications, such as Google Now, Google Maps, Google+, and Gmail.

Voice activation
Other than the touchpad, Google Glass can be controlled using "voice actions". To activate Glass, wearers tilt their heads 30° upward (which can be altered for preference) or tap the touchpad, and say "O.K., Glass." Once Glass is activated, wearers can say an action, such as "Take a picture", "Record a video", "Hangout with [person/Google+ circle]", "Google 'What year was this gadget made available ?'", "Give me directions to the Eiffel Tower", and "Send a message to John”.

I already love it.
But hey … too expensive, you blood sucking you !

Credits : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Glass
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:04 pm

To those into serious stuff - Isn't all this wave-radiation environment really cool ?

Check, please !
LuisP
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The Round Table