Acoustic Standing Waves

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Acoustic Standing Waves

Postby LuisP » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Acoustophoretic Contactless Elevation, Orbital Transport and Spinning of Matter in Air
in Physical Review Letters, Jan 15, 2014

In a paper in Physical Review Letters, researchers Daniele Foresti and Dimos Poulikakos at the Swiss "Federal Institute of Technology" (ETH) in Zurich, report a technique that uses acoustic waves to lift and spin small droplets, and even put them into tiny orbits

WHAT ?
Stop everything ! Aaarrroooghaaah !! Aaarrroooghaaah !! Crash Dive !

It seems (?) that sound emitted from a transducer that hits a reflecting surface will bounce back to form a standing wave in one dimension; meaning, a water drop placed between the transducer and the reflector will be trapped at one of the nodes.

For spatial control (say what ?), the researchers use three standing-wave traps oriented in different directions; by varying the phase and amplitude of the acoustic waves, Foresti and Poulikakos can trap a spherical droplet, squish it into an oblate shape, and make it spin while suspended in air. They can also swing the droplet around in a controlled orbital motion, without causing violent liquid breakup and atomization.

This technique, which the authors call acoustophoretic manipulation, could enable new kinds of matter transport (wacko science, surely !)

Scientists have been able to use the power of sound to levitate small items — including insects and fish — for decades. But now these researchers have figured out how to move objects around in midair, according to this new study.

Poulikakos’s team performed a number of midair experiments, such as combining water droplets or chemical solutions and even inserting DNA into cells.

They also levitated a wooden toothpick — something that had never been done before — while rotating it and moving it forward and backward.

Sound waves exert pressure when they hit a surface, but the effects are usually too small to notice. But if the intensity is cranked up high enough, sound has the ability to counteract the effects of gravity. (again, wacko science !!)

Poulikakos and his colleagues used levels of about 160 decibels; that’s louder than standing near a rocket launch and is enough to rupture a human eardrum. But they were able to work without ear protection.

They took advantage of the fact that the frequency of sound — the physical property that gives it a pitch — also matters (you don't say ?). Using 24,000 hertz (Hz), a level comparable to a dog whistle, they were unaffected by the noise. The upper range of human hearing is about 20,000 Hz.

Foresti found that balance was the key. Push too hard, and the sound waves will cause a water droplet to explode (yes, this can be some serious sh**t !). Don’t push hard enough, and the droplet will fall and gravity wins.

Poulikakos compares the previous state of acoustic levitation — without the airborne motion control — to a luxury car kept permanently in park. “We could walk around it and enjoy it, but we could not drive it,” he said. “Now we can drive it.”

Physicist Rick Weber of Argonne National Laboratory outside Chicago commended the authors for developing “a highly innovative approach” (haha !) that furthers the capabilities of acoustic levitation.

For now, scientists are able to use acoustic levitation to move only small, lightweight objects. Poulikakos said he will soon release new results that show his team moving heavier and more dense objects, such as steel balls.

So, let's cut the crap, a certain U-Boat Kapitan, 40 years ago, may have been running true torpedoes ?
Now, REALLY ?

Announcement here : http://physics.aps.org/synopsis-for/10. ... 112.024301
Article here : http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... ml?hpid=z2
“Static levitation” (no spatial control) shown here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=669AcEBp ... e=youtu.be
LuisP
Commander

Re: Acoustic Standing Waves

Postby LuisP » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 pm

"It was all very well to say `Drink me,' but the wise little Alice was not going to do that in a hurry. `No, I'll look first,' she said, `and see whether it's marked "poison" or not'; for she had read several nice little histories about children who had got burnt, and eaten up by wild beasts and other unpleasant things, all because they would not remember the simple rules their friends had taught them: such as, that a red-hot poker will burn you if you hold it too long; and that if you cut your finger very deeply with a knife, it usually bleeds; and she had never forgotten that, if you drink much from a bottle marked `poison,' it is almost certain to disagree with you, sooner or later.

The rabbit-hole went straight on like a tunnel for some way, and then dipped suddenly down, so suddenly that Alice had not a moment to think about stopping herself before she found herself falling down a very deep well.

"Which way? Which way?", holding her hand on the top of her head to feel which way it was growing, and she was quite surprised to find that she remained the same size: to be sure, this generally happens when one eats cake, but Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way."
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:24 pm

You simply should, or have to, see it.

Came across this very interesting “Standing Waves Levitation” video in YT which explains the way “science” has evolved around the theme.

From a simple levitation in 1975 to its “manipulation” in 2013, and now – from these guys Yoichi Ochiai, Takayuki Hoshi, Jun Rekimoto – comes a new “Three-dimensional Mid-air Acoustic Manipulation” using Ultrasonic Phased Arrays.

Fascinating stuff, not because of the “levitating” by itself but because they experimentally confirmed that various materials could be manipulated by their proposed method such as metal, water, plastic and wood.

They employ ultrasonic speakers and so you hear nothing around the device.

Its just the waves, and their power.
To interfere. And demolish established notions.

What are the Waves doing ? How is the "matter" inside each material used, responding to its interference ? And why ?

See it here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJxJRAx ... r_embedded
LuisP
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:47 am

Coming back to this after reading successive posts.

So, are you building a foundation for your successive posts? And if I may jump to a conclusion.....are you saying that the DNA/RNA are standing waves encoded with intelligence (modulation in an engineering term)?

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby LuisP » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Far as I understand, yes, it seems a case is slowly being built EXACTLY around that conclusion. If exactly "standing waves", or just it, is another completely different issue.

I'm just following the "breadcrumbs". And leaving here the few I have been gathering ....

Hoping they are right, and we can realize that people who are "interfering" with "modulation" are on to something which may be the Truth. You crack its secrets on a given "material manifestation" - any one - and all others will be cracked.

Ten years ago, if you were to be told that "sound" could be used to insert DNA in a cell, what would have you thought ?
LuisP
Commander

Postby Nancy_Hutchison » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:21 pm

LuisP wrote:Far as I understand, yes, it seems a case is slowly being built EXACTLY around that conclusion. If exactly "standing waves", or just it, is another completely different issue.

I'm just following the "breadcrumbs". And leaving here the few I have been gathering ....

Hoping they are right, and we can realize that people who are "interfering" with "modulation" are on to something which may be the Truth. You crack its secrets on a given "material manifestation" - any one - and all others will be cracked.

Ten years ago, if you were to be told that "sound" could be used to insert DNA in a cell, what would have you thought ?

nice to know you guys are finally understanding
Nancy_Hutchison
Lt. Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Nancy ! Nice to see you here, if I may say so !

Looking forward to keep on "understanding" this stuff and whatever you feel like helping, I for one am grateful !
LuisP
Commander

Postby Nancy_Hutchison » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:51 pm

mobile unit successful in drastically reducing radiation in controlled radioactive sample
offsite
"outside the field" that we create at the lab
the basics---
http://liferaygroup.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20
Nancy_Hutchison
Lt. Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Nancy_Hutchison wrote:mobile unit successful in drastically reducing radiation in controlled radioactive sample
offsite
the basics---

Hello Nancy,

The link you have posted goes to a thread that has not had any activity except for a recent one which goes to a video on you tube. Sorry, but I find those individual's that use music videos to explain what they are attempting to say .... disdainful. Perhaps it is due to the fact that if they can't explain their position than don't try and do so with a music video that requires the viewer to attempt to figure out what the hell the message is for it will only serve to get things mucked up more than if they were quiet.

Now, am I to interpret what you have said is that you set up a control experiment, removed from any interference of previous and current tests, and you achieved some results?

Care to share some numbers? Afterall, I am sure Linda would love to cut and paste as she has been doing. You know how losers are, they must copy from anyone else for they have no original thoughts of their own but with that said, I would enjoy seeing any results you would care to share.

Mikado

edit: and she is on right now! Geez Linda, for someone who despised this forum so much, you sure visit several...no...many times a day. Figures....just figures.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby Nancy_Hutchison » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:43 am

Nancy_Hutchison wrote:mobile unit successful in drastically reducing radiation in controlled radioactive sample
offsite
the basics---

Mikado,
The thread I linked to is one that I posted at the life ray work site.
Basic info, so you and others have a foundation from which to converse.
Apparently you have not read the entire thread, nor have you read what I linked within the thread.

I sent you, Fruitbat and Playswithmachines a recent email. More details, and an invitation to participate in building the mobile units and deploying. This email was also sent to over 100 other individuals who have expressed an interest in assisting once we had accomplished a successful mobile unit.

I really don't care what Linda Brown says, thinks or does. Fruitbat may have some brains left--at least he has concern about the radioactive contamination.
Nancy
Nancy_Hutchison
Lt. Commander

Next

Return to The Round Table