Tunnel Diode place holder

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: Tunnel Diode place holder

Postby re-rose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

If I saved it, I may have to 'dropbox' it to you by some app that allows me to post large files.

But yes, to your observation about the frequency ranges. And, note this as well from a post of mine on the token:

This dabbling in diodes led me to the AFCRL 72-1607 report on diffraction, scattering, and impedance loading prepared by the UM. I gathered from a quick scan of it that the researchers had little interest in tunnel diodes but a great interest in investigating what happens when an RF frequency hit a sphere. And THAT was the same question John H asked Nancy to ask Linda.

http://www.cosmic-token.com/forum/viewt ... ere#p25596

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby re-rose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Mikado, see if you can find this on line....

HISTORY AND PROGRESS OF AFCRL FOR THE PERIOD JANUARY 1961-JUNE 1962.htm

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby re-rose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm rereading it now, and finding it a very interesting and juicy report, with weather modification research and chemtrail delivery, rare earth dopings, crystal lattice structures...and I'm only just now up to page 39, where the tunnel diode discussion which begins on page 39.

As I remember my read of this quite a while ago, this is the first of two reports that mentioned a small machine/human telepathy test. I believe the next one, released the following, year, after the consolidation of Radar and Geophysics research had been in operationally completed, may have had more tunnel detail.

As I recall, though the ESP test was reported to have been a failure. But yet Beau Kitselman thought the May 1963 report was important enough to site it by name in his resume years later. And that's why I'm here, looking at this now and scratching my head over it.

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:15 pm

re-rose wrote:I'm rereading it now, and finding it a very interesting and juicy report, with weather modification research and chemtrail delivery, rare earth dopings, crystal lattice structures...and I'm only just now up to page 39, where the tunnel diode discussion which begins on page 39.

As I remember my read of this quite a while ago, this is the first of two reports that mentioned a small machine/human telepathy test. I believe the next one, released the following, year, after the consolidation of Radar and Geophysics research had been in operationally completed, may have had more tunnel detail.

As I recall, though the ESP test was reported to have been a failure. But yet Beau Kitselman thought the May 1963 report was important enough to site it by name in his resume years later. And that's why I'm here, looking at this now and scratching my head over it.

rose

I have found the document you listed in your previous post.

It is listed as the first annual report of the AFCRL which states it is for the fiscal year of 1962.

The first item I read in regard to your post above is in regard to chemtrails. It has been reported in other sources that chemtrail seeding was used to suppress contrails. It would appear that this document goes into detail as to the means used and developed starting with CO2 pellets up to chemicals that were tested in B-52 and B-47's. I believe this to be a normal development for why would one want to give away their position by leaving a chemtrail in a warfare situation? Now, does that mean that the chemicals used for dispersant of the fog are harmful? Are they seeding other chemicals for nefarious reasons? I didn't read that and I won't make a leap in that direction.

As to the weather Modification, it was primarily on fog dispersal and the rest was weather research. I didn't read it word for word and scanned it and read the section/paragraph titles but I am sure in any event, the HAARP enthusiasts may regard this document in a different light. I am not saying that there is or isn't something to the conspiratorial claims in regard to HAARP, I am just saying from this document, the weather modification is for small areas and that is in regard to fog conditions either low or high alititude.

Now as to the tunnel diode. From page 29 through to page 39, the discussion primarily revolves around methods for making silicon and diamond boules and other materials as pure as possible. Also included in this are the manufacture of boules for lasers and masers. There was discussion as to the purity of doping materials.

Now, of interest here was the discussion of planar transistors. The planar process is where layers are made and connected to each other. Best and simplest example would be to imagine a cake. This process superceded the diffusion process and is what led to the mass production of intergrated circuits and of course the rest is history. This is the result of improving the purity of the silicon boule which was discussed on the previous pages. Also mentioned was improvements to epitaxial junction semiconductors. The process described in the paper was for improvements made in the manufacturing process whether a simple bi-polar transistor or CMOS transistor.

The only reference I could find to a tunnel diode:

A new device idea that was an out-
growth of the above work is the hybrid
amplifier consisting of a tunnel diode in
parallel with the input of a common base
transistor amplifier. A theroretical device
and circuit analysis showed possibility
of: (a) current gains greater than one
with no resulting change in voltage gain;
(b) control over the input impedance
level so as to allow higher input im-
pedances and thus facilitate the match-
ing of cascaded amplifier stages; (c) the
choice of 0° -180° phase shift between
input and output signals. An analog of
such a device was constructed using con-
ventional circuit components; and elec-
trical measurements thereon confirmed
the above analysis. At the close of the
period experimental work was underway
to construct the originally conceived
single solid state device which should
have a practical application as (1) a
small signal high gain amplifier, (2) an
automatic gain control and (3) a de-
tector with gain.
In other related work on silicon tunnel
diodes, the scientists sought to confirm
theorectical calculations regarding the
role of degeneracy on device character-
istics. This work was based on the
growth of silicon junctions from a tin
rich solution, at temperatures lower than
the melting point of silicon (800° C).
Basically during this process an n-type
silicon seed was used for drawing p-type
material out of the tin. Extremely
abrupt junctions, suitable for tunnel
diodes, were grown because the diffusion
(penetration) does not cause junction
broadening at those temperatures.
In general, the Laboratory during the
period concentrated on majority carrier
devices as the most probably answer to
active higher frequency devices adapt-
able to multiple processing for inte-
grated systems. The severe, critical
material requirements of conventional
minority carrier devices made the simul-
taneous construction of thousands of
perfect devices on a common substrate
quite unlikely. In addition to the tunnel
emitter amplifier previously mentioned,
theorietical and experimental work was
pursued on the development of a major-
ity carrier thin film tunnel amplifier
utilizing polycrystalling material and
also on a more conventional unipolar
field effect device of a new design sug-
gested by the successesl of the new epi-
taxial film technology.

Here is a the patent on the above but improved:

http://www.google.com/patents/US3366891

It should be noted that it is a "common base" configuration and further down towards the end of the above narrative it is referred to as a "tunnel emitter" and this is more than likely referring to the input lead of the common base configuration with the output on the collector.

I really do not see anything here in this report that would be revealing in the phantom tunnel diode reported by Morgan to Paul. However, with all things considered, Dr Brown could have easily been referring in his notes to two seperate items in regard to the tunnel effect of which the diode would be one. The other is as I said previously. The frequencies used in radar are easily handled by the tunnel diode and since Brown was involved with radar, this might be the reference.

I could go on but for now this is a start.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:31 pm

I should add in regard to the above, we really need to take note of the year. It was released in October of 1962 and covered the time period of January through June of 1962.

If memory serves me, and it may not on this particular item and I will have to go to the ttbrown forum to check on it, is that Morgan to Paul gave a time frame of the mid-fifties.

Something doesn't feel right. I also should make a note that the tunnel effect occurs on a very thin junction and does not occur on a thicker junction. What those limitations are I don't know but this is the reason that a tunnel diode is not a high power device.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby re-rose » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Many thanks for reproducing all of that here. I saw all the same limitations and implications in the early discussions, but took the whole as a snapshot of a significant moment in signals history.

A theroretical device and circuit analysis showed possibility of: (a) current gains greater than one with no resulting change in voltage gain;

I read the patent to see if they achieved this but have to re-read it and explain it to myself like I'm 5 to figure it out. I thought this was a most curious citation, though.

OTHER REFERENCES via said third resistance means to said emitter and via Wiley: Telemetry on [*]Muscle Power Electronics, Sept said inductance means to said reference potential, the 20, 196 PP 1445- ot'her of said two terminals being connected via said fourth resistance means to a third of said potentials and ROY LAKE Examl'wr' via said fifth resistance means to said reference potential. 10 L. J. DAHL, Assistant Examiner.

I am almost certain you are right on the dates given to Paul. It was in that time period that historian, James Bamford said around the world signal time dropped from hours to minutes. I seem to recall that inspired a discussion between us about the reported history of ELF communications in the military.

It was Beau, not Townsend, who led me to the AFCRL, through this statement.
In 1961 prepared a report on para-prediction which led to Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratory Project 4610, which appeared in May of 1963.

http://www.kitselman.com/man/

Now, one might assume that his para-prediction related only to the speech intelligence work. Or that para prediction meant something related to ESP work. Both of those were mentioned in the 1963 report, but the ESP work was dismissed as a failure. Not everybody got the word, as the West Coast emergence of the Stargate program, and its' co-location in the basement of the Stanford Radiophysics Building indicates.

Anyway, I'm just gonna go sit in the weeds for a while. It's either that or track down Sarbacher's patent related to a muscle suit, and I can't do that right now. Too much input scwambles my feeble circuits.

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

The Evolution of the Tunnel Diode/Quantum Tunneling per TT B

Postby Mikado14 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:45 pm

No one, to date, has provided hard data as to how the idea that Brown invented a diode that exhibited a quantum tunneling effect ever came about. Performing a search of the ttbrown forum yielded the following results.

The very first mention of "tunnel diode" was by Paul.

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4045#p4045

Paul wrote:Me Too
Postby Paul S. » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I have read NOTHING about satellites and his work. NOTHING. So does that mean he had no involvement and we are on the wrong rabbit hole?

I'm right there with you, Elizabeth, as you well know.

I have heard -- what? Inferences? -- that Townsend Brown was involved in the earliest efforts toward developing surveillance satellites in the mid-late 1950s. There's something in my notes about "tunnel diode" that is perhaps related to the subject. But beyond these VERY veiled references, like Elizabeth: I got NADA.

It mystifies me that this subject would remain so indelibly concealed after nearly 50 years. Does that mean that technologies developed in the 1950s are still in use today and must be kept under wraps? Why else would all this be so hush hush that my "reliable sources" have been even less forthcoming on this subject than they have been on others that seem at least as controversial (time travel, f'rinstance).

But it occurs to me that there might be another consideration: you know, you put a ring of communications devices out in space around the whole planet, and it does become your first line of defense -- or, at least, contact -- with whatever lies beyond...

--PS

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6156#p6156

Something of note should be made here, as of approximately January 7, 2007, Elizabeth Helen Drake, Linda Brown to those that may not know, stated publicly that she had read NOTHING about Dr. Brown being associated with any work on satellites. One must assume, since it is Linda Brown, that there are no references anywhere in the Brown family archives, for if there were, the last 7 years of guessing could have been avoided and would have helped to substantiate the claims made elsewhere.

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:The word "tunnel"
Postby Elizabeth Helen Drake » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:05 pm

Mikado,

Strangely when I saw the word "tunnel" I did not even first think of the Berlin tunnel! I thought of the word "tunneling" as in " quantum tunneling"

and the other thought that at the same time leapt into my brain was " tunnel" (as in a special type of diode.) Mikado, of course , and Trickfox again, I thought of you particularly.

Then of course the mention of the "Lend Lease supply ships" and the thought came into my head again about that being a sort of tunnel too. With goods flowing through it.

So here we introduce ONE word and get all of these responses and with it, am I the only one who is seeing this? Some sort of strange and unhinged communication of concepts? using the same word but each having a different meaning to each of us? And somehow it sort of "organizes itself together". Does this happen all the time? Am I just beginning to notice the particulars of this?

Its like the poems the Jabberwocky where the words were nonsensical perhaps but they evoked to Alice the "impression" that something very special was happening here and she needed to take notice of it. And you see thats all connected too or Victoria wouldn't have used the phrase " Beware the jubjub bird", (which for those new to this thread, is a quote from the poem Jabberwock by Lewis Carroll.)

And Victoria. I latched on to that Jubjub bird as being a bomber, to others it might be something else entirely and that is fine, but I saw bombers.... there is something about the sound of it that just sounds like a bomber. The deep thumping sound "JUB" "JUB" of bombs falling and exploding somewhere in the distance. I think suddenly of that scene from Mrs. Minnever and how she and her children were listening to the bombs exploding above as she read the lines from" Alice."

And a submarine for fuminous bandersnatch. To me " fuminous" evokes under water and "bandersnatch" ... all I can think of is a duck with its legs paddling, being suddenly taken down by something from below. Snatched suddenly from below. Thats what bandersnatch means to me,but again, it probably is meant to mean something entirely different to someone else. Whats a "non-fuminous Bandersnatch anyway?) And each of our interpretations is valid!

And again we are all together now in this rabbit hole, trying to see what is actually here. And I have come to the strong conclusion that some of us are beginning to see. What a magical world this is! Elizabeth

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 666#p10666

This following post is the first use of the term - " I think Townsend Brown and his "tunnel diode" (which drew on some kind of quantum tunneling phenomenon) are the link between all these puzzle pieces."

Paul uses the word "think", which indicates he hasn't any concrete evidence and the part in parenthesis is extrapolation on what a tunnel diode is by definition. He openly admits that there are puzzle pieces but in tracing it back, the pieces appear to be created by posters offering up opinions.

Paul wrote:The Next Twist / Convergence
Postby Paul S. » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:30 pm

OK Kids, grab the handlebars now, because this is where we're going next:

James Barrett wrote:http://www.nro.gov/PressReleases/prs_rel40.html

"NRO HONORS PIONEERS OF NATIONAL RECONNAISSANCE
August 18, 2000

I recognized one name in this list:

Reid D. Mayo
Mr. Reid Mayo, at the Naval Research Laboratory, conceived and designed the first Navy signals intelligence satellite, GRAB/DYNO, and later served as project engineer and technical director of Program C.

Some of you who have been following right along know that one of my "open" sources is a book called "Body of Secrets" by national security journalist James Bamford. That's where I saw Reid Mayo's name, on the heavily outlined and underscored pages 364-365 (which, if memory serves me, are pages that Morgan himself directed me to). I will excerpt for you:

Body of Secrets pg 364, James Bamford wrote:
At Howard Johnson's restaurant in Pennsylvania, during a blizzard, Reid D. Mayo was coming to the same conclusion. Stranded with his family at a rest stop during a snowstorm in early 1958, the NRL scientist began to work out the details with a pencil the back of a stained placemat...."I did some range calculations to see if truly we could intercept the signal from orbital altitude, and the calculations showed that clearly you could, up to something over six hundred miles..."

That paragraph marks the dawn of satellite reconnaissance. But wait, there's more:

Mayo had earlier completed another unique eavesdropping project: "The submarine service had us installing a small spiral antenna inside the glass of the periscope, and affixed to that spiral antenna was a small diode detector. It allowed the submarine skipper to have an electromagnetic ear as well as an eyeball above the surface. And it worked so well that we thought that there might be some benefit to raising the periscope just about -- maybe even to orbital attitude."

The next page goes into the (secret) launch of GRAB, the Navy's first "Elint" (Electronics Intelligence') satellite on May 5, 1960 (five days after the interception of Francis Gary Powers' U2 spy plane over Russia).

So, what you have there is a) submarine communications and b) satellite reconnaissance, and what ties them all together is c) some kind of "diode" detector.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to substantiate this, but I think that "diode detector" is something I will be introducing in the next chapter -- in, like, the section would be working on NOW if I weren't typing this instead.

Maybe Twigsnapper can ring a bell or something if we're on the right track here, but I think Townsend Brown and his "tunnel diode" (which drew on some kind of quantum tunneling phenomenon) are the link between all these puzzle pieces.

And of course, his name is NOT among those on the list honored by the NRO in 2000. But did you see the notation at the very bottom of the page?

*One Pioneer requested no identification.

Gee, I wonder who THAT mighta been??

--PS

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 666#p10666

This following post is in response to one Elizabeth Helen Drake made. It is the first post that uses the phrase "Dr. Browns special tunnel diode" and it is made by someone who openly admits - "Others out there please help me out here because I don't have a good grasp of all of this."

James Barrett wrote:never sleep?
Postby James Barrett » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:26 am

Elizabeth,

Now thats a bunch of interesting information but the thing that I want to know the most is .... do you ever sleep? <g>

I can't even translate all of that Barrett information but I wonder if there is something similar here with something Dr. Brown might have been interested in.

Just a wild guess of course but this " shuttling" thing . Could that be somehow connected to Dr. Browns special " Tunnel diode" Isn't that some kind of fast acting switch?

Others out there please help me out here because I don't have a good grasp of all of this.

Just going on the hunch here that Elizabeth would not have picked up on this stream of information and brought it home and laid it at our feet here on the forum without it meaning something somewhere.

Obviously we are not playing in the standard sandbox here folks. JDB

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 943#p11943

The answer to the question is no, it is not connected to Dr. Brown's special "Tunnel diode" and it is not a fast acting switch in the use of the word switch.

This next post is the first use of Dr. Brown's special tunnel diode in a different thread after being used by James Barrett, therefore, it is the second time the term appears.

Geoff wrote:Postby Geoff » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:02 am

Mikado,
Your illustration has elements that remind me of the circuit symbol for a diode. A diode allows current to flow in one direction, but not the other. I therefore guess that this illustration is of Dr Brown’s VERY SPECIAL ‘tunnel’ diode (which should not to be confused with common or garden tunnel diodes readily available in electronic stores).
I also guess that this diode allows information to ‘tunnel’ between the electro-magnetic realm and the electro-gravitic realm, and that the two ‘red triangles’ and the short ‘control line’ indicate that this device is switchable to allows the information to flow in one, the other, or both directions.
I imagine that the device consists mainly of ‘rock’.
I guess that the loudspeaker utilised such a device, as would an identical microphone.
Having said all that, I guess that I’m not very imaginative!
Look forward to seeing what others make of it.
Geoff

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 183#p12183

More to come later. There are 107 hits on a search with the term "tunnel diode". A good many of the hits are responses and talk in regard to a previous post.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby re-rose » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Yes, dear. Lots of convo based on a mention of a note that was apparently never retrieved.

I recall seeing the Blackberry message from Morgan to Paul, directing him to the Bamford pages, but that's all I can recollect. At least, now I know I have always connected 'tunnel diode' with submarine/subspace communications because of Paul's input.

Gee,I have a handsome hat with something like Geoff's diagram on it.

rose, still sitting in the weeds.
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:48 am

re-rose wrote:Yes, dear. Lots of convo based on a mention of a note that was apparently never retrieved.

I recall seeing the Blackberry message from Morgan to Paul, directing him to the Bamford pages, but that's all I can recollect. At least, now I know I have always connected 'tunnel diode' with submarine/subspace communications because of Paul's input.

May I ask when Paul shown you a Blackberry message from Morgan?

re-rose wrote:Gee,I have a handsome hat with something like Geoff's diagram on it.

rose, still sitting in the weeds.

That diagram came to me in a download, not from Geoff. It was Kestrel who came up with the Token image.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby re-rose » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Linda has a packet of Morgan/Paul correspondence printouts that were to and from various email accounts. I saw them shortly after she received them. A sharp, shocked breath when I picked up a yellow marker and started to highlight one of the conversations told me they were most treasured documents.

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

PreviousNext

Return to The Round Table