The Ciba-Geigy Effect

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: The Ciba-Geigy Effect

Postby LuisP » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:29 pm

To sum it up, before moving on :

“…by 2012, a IMS Health report ranked Novartis as the biggest pharma company. Of them all.”
“….in 2011, (they) declared an Annual Revenue of US $58,5 billion and Net Income of US $9,2 billion…”
“….There’s a World. And they own it. Period. …”
“…Guido Ebner and Heinz Schürch were two scientists that worked in the research labs of Ciba-Geigy who one day made a fantastic discovery.”
“…They “found” something that had never before been discovered. And decided to see what “it” could do, besides enhancing seeds.”
“….They had started with Fern seeds, given their simplicity and ease of breed. And then, having seen the strange (very strange) effects on these, Guido and Heinz enthusiastically decided to move on, and try that “field” on corn and wheat seeds”

Ciba.jpg
Ciba.jpg (7.16 KiB) Viewed 3694 times

“….“Our experiments do not involve a mutation of the organism in question”….”
“…. “Our 'manipulated' wheat, growth was so rapid that it was ripe in four weeks instead of the usual seven months”
“…. “one can also cheerfully refrain from using pesticides and herbicides” ….”
“…. “The Cultures outlive comparative material without electrostatic field” ….”
“…. “If I can change the set of chromosomes and grow ancient (long dead) plants just by using a simple electrostatic field, I have to pronounce the question whether all the information about the shape of creatures is really in the genes, the DNA, the nucleus? I think the electrostatic charging of the atmosphere is also a factor.”
“ … “The memory of nature seems to go back to the very beginnings of life.” …”

“…They had to tell “the suits” about this. They were onto something big. Very big. And they did. Tell the suits. With a detailed Memo of the experiments …”
“…. they decided to play some more and push the experiment onward and upwards, to higher organisms…”
“Genetic Memory of Life ? Only there, in plants ? They chose rainbow trout eggs …”
“… They brought back to life a fish that was extinct for over 150 years … From present day trout eggs. Without any kind of “genetic engineering”. Just by using the mysterious “electrostatic” field.”

Unexpected.jpg
Unexpected.jpg (19.57 KiB) Viewed 3694 times

"… “we got the strict instructions not to mess with the germ line of animals” …”
“…. “There is a standing joke in the company about bringing back the dinosaurs. It is just a joke” …”
“…. “we don’t even know how these fields are working” …”

“ …But Guido Ebner and Heinz Schürch were not soldiers. They were scientists. That is why they decided that if instructions could not be broken, they had to be bent. And made then a Choice, regardless of the suits’ stern orders …”
“…."In the company", not everyone was making "jokes" about what they were doing. Further down the corridor, inside another Ciba-Geigy lab, a different team was working. Doing on seeds exactly the opposite of their work's aims.”

“ … A rat’s heart was swiftly “found”. …”
“ … the tissue samples taken from the electrostatically treated heart ? these displayed no such cellular disintegration … maintained their longevity by something like 130 % more … over the longest surviving untreated cells ! …”
“…That is why they now decided not to bend, but to break, completely, the strict rules. And cross the Rubicon, into Human material …”

And “a donor’s blood” was “found”.

I WILL be moving on.

Rest assured.

These guys, their story, their “timely death” and the way the Seeds business “evolved”, not to mention, all that they found … has been forgotten.

As it should.

Well, I came to know about it.

And will tell it to the end.

As I should.
LuisP
Commander

Postby re-rose » Fri May 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Luis, you are a natural Sheherezade.

And then???

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby Soloma » Sat May 03, 2014 12:50 am

Much respect to Luis, quality and quantity in your research. The work you have put in these last eight months considering your profession as a father and banker is noteworthy, thank you for sharing it with us all.
Soloma
Commander

Postby LuisP » Fri May 16, 2014 7:29 pm

I’m having trouble (yes, trouble !) ending Ebner and Schürch’s story.

Bear with me.
Have by now scrapped 5 drafts.

They were extraordinary men. Who surpassed themselves and "Looked the Tiger in the Eyes”.

I’m not.
Extraordinary or Surpassing.

Am just an ordinary Jack and, at most, a guy able to glare into my dog’s fixed, friendly, unjudgmental stare.

I sense their Strength. Their knowing defiance. I know about the Doom involved, about their “bleeding at the feet of mighty powers”, as a poet talked about facing Death - and I can’t seem able to express.

What I write does not make them Justice.
To me.
So, never to You.

I will tell it, though, best I can. Hope you have in yourselves the Power to really understand what they stumbled upon.

Without understanding shite … I understood it.
And that’s what this is all about.

So, I keep trying.
LuisP
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sat May 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Well Luis, if I ever a block as that, I will write it down and leave it for 3 days and come back.

Patient on this end and looking forward to how ever it comes out.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby LuisP » Sat May 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks, Mikado.
LuisP
Commander

Postby Fruitbat » Tue May 20, 2014 8:35 am

If I may ask...

Which way did they polarise the field?
Negative up or positive up?

FB.
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby LuisP » Tue May 20, 2014 5:32 pm

No way I know that, FB.

I will be posting, in the end, all my links. Some of them go to "patents" and others to "descriptions" of their experiments.
Hope you may find it there, for as you know, I'm "tech" ignorant and as such have not dwelved on the science details.

Just what it produced.
LuisP
Commander

Postby Fruitbat » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:10 pm

17 days.
That's some writers block you got there Luis.

You live in portugal I believe where they decriminalised weed.
IF you can find some "space cake" that should unblock your writing glands, but good...

Just trying to be helpful.. :c)

FB.
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:19 pm

I have to agree with fruitbat...Luis (now you can get up off the floor<g>)

Waiting to see what happens. I feel like someone who has watched a TV show to only have it cancelled before the finale.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

PreviousNext

Return to The Round Table