For Entertainment Value Only

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

For Entertainment Value Only

Postby StarCat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 pm

For some reason, maybe hypoxia induced by coughing fits, I dreamed about Luis the other night. He showed up at my door looking very "bankerish" in his gray slacks and white shirt. It was very odd. If it had been Mikado showing up at my door, I would have invited him to the Colorado Railroad Museum. But it was Luis, so I settled for "huh?"

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Re: For Entertainment Value Only

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 pm

StarCat wrote:For some reason, maybe hypoxia induced by coughing fits, I dreamed about Luis the other night. He showed up at my door looking very "bankerish" in his gray slacks and white shirt. It was very odd. If it had been Mikado showing up at my door, I would have invited him to the Colorado Railroad Museum. But it was Luis, so I settled for "huh?"

Cat

Ahhh, yes, in Golden. I knew Robert Richardson. He was a grand ole gent. Our conversations were very memorable and I will cherish them. He lived not too far from Huntingdon when he left Colorado to return home to Pennsylvania.

He died in 2007.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:13 am

Easter Bunny Express this weekend. It's a great place to take the grandkids. They love looking at all the different stuff and riding the train. Grandma's history lessons about ancestral ties to railroads make their eyes glaze over, but I think it's important to know where their family came from and how the railroad shaped the country.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 am

I agree Cat, their eyes may glaze but somewhere down the line, pun intended, they will remember passing that milepost and remember those stories. And I say this as one who has been there.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Mikado14 wrote:
StarCat wrote:For some reason, maybe hypoxia induced by coughing fits, I dreamed about Luis the other night. He showed up at my door looking very "bankerish" in his gray slacks and white shirt. It was very odd. If it had been Mikado showing up at my door, I would have invited him to the Colorado Railroad Museum. But it was Luis, so I settled for "huh?"

Cat

Ahhh, yes, in Golden. I knew Robert Richardson. He was a grand ole gent. Our conversations were very memorable and I will cherish them. He lived not too far from Huntingdon when he left Colorado to return home to Pennsylvania.

He died in 2007.

Mikado

And an email sent about this post:

email wrote:----- Original Message -----
To: kim_c58
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:27 AM

Re: Who was Robert Milikan
by Linda Brown » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 am

Oh, but Southern Seminary is where I learned the expression CAT....

Interesting how Mikado would mention the Colorado Springs connection... the fellow that finally went home to.... where was it again? Oh yes.... a strange Pa town by the name of Huntingdon. Again isn't it odd how that towns name seems to be repeated....

I can be what I need to be CAT...... Gracious and Resolute .....

and ruthless too if need be.

Some would say that is catlike. Linda

If your gonna tell Linda what is posted here, at least get it right.

Bob Richardson did NOT go home to Huntingdon. He went to a place which was "not too far from Huntingdon".

And her sycophants can't see how twists the facts and the PRINTED word into something that substantiates her ....views.

He went to live in Bellefonte.

And one thing: Cat mentioned it by mentioning the Colorado Railroad Museum. Why do you indulge her so much Cat?

An old song comes to mind...Manfred Mann...blinded by something or another....

Mikado <g>..and laughing at all of this

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby StarCat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Mikado, would that be Robert W. Richardson? Just today, I discovered that the museum has the Robert W. Richardson Railroad Library. We weren't there early enough to explore it, but maybe when we go in June.

As to Linda's comments, the Railroad Museum was mentioned here. I didn't mention anything about it to Linda. Maybe that's why the erroneous Colorado Springs connection comment was made.

Indulgences? I indulge who I choose to. I've made promuses to people, and I'm keeping secrets for people.

I didn't realize Southern Seminary taught and encouraged bigotry. That clarifies some things for me.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:15 pm

StarCat wrote:Mikado, would that be Robert W. Richardson? Just today, I discovered that the museum has the Robert W. Richardson Railroad Library. We weren't there early enough to explore it, but maybe when we go in June.

As to Linda's comments, the Railroad Museum was mentioned here. I didn't mention anything about it to Linda. Maybe that's why the erroneous Colorado Springs connection comment was made.

Indulgences? I indulge who I choose to. I've made promuses to people, and I'm keeping secrets for people.

I didn't realize Southern Seminary taught and encouraged bigotry. That clarifies some things for me.

Cat

Yes Cat, the very same person. I could sit and listen to him talk for hours. It's like...he was there to save a good deal of narrow gauge stuff. If not for him, the preserved two narrow gauge railroads probably would never have happened.

As to Linda's comment, my comment was general in response to an email and your right about it being erroneous as is most of her off the cuff comments before checking facts...but alas...like living with insects, they provide some good somewhere.

Go ahead and indulge anyone you want, just as Kim and I indulge her youngest grand daughter...I can't resist and I bet you don't either.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby StarCat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:33 pm

I would definitely have more money if I didn't indulge my grandkids. But when they have kids of their own, they'll have some good stories to tell about the places we went together. And none of he stories will involve being locked in the cellar or chased with a butcher knife.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:01 pm

StarCat wrote:... I dreamed about Luis the other night. He showed up at my door looking very "bankerish" in his gray slacks and white shirt. It was very odd..."
Cat

How did you know it was me ?

What did "I" say ?

Gray slacks and white shirts mean nothing. Most bankers use either dark grey or pinstripe suits, anyways ...I do.
Just to "go with the flow". And because any "white shirt" fits in.
Only white shirts.

You sure it was "me" ?
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 pm

It was you.

If you ever show up corporeally, I'll take you to the Wild Animal Sancuary in Keenesburg. It's an example of what "regular joes" can do.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Next

Return to The Round Table