is it just me?

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: is it just me?

Postby LuisP » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Indeed.
Took me some effort, for I detested whisky since it tasted like Iode or whatever. But in my Army days as a yougster I contracted Typhoid Fever, and doctor said - from now on, forget white drinks such as vodka, gin and such. Drink whisky.

Doctors orders are sacred.

So I put my shoulders to the task, and guess what ?

Once I "acquired" it, well Fred, I then had to ask myself what the hell I had been doing drinking other stuff, so comfortably satisfying and even (ahem) medicinal Whisky is.
LuisP
Commander

Postby FM No Static At All » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:22 pm

In the "Did You Lnow' category, I present you:

http://www.mountvernon.org/the-estate-gardens/distillery/

"George Washington entered the whiskey business in 1797 - and it was quite the profitable success.

George Washington's venture into the whiskey business began at the urging of his farm manager, James Anderson. Anderson, who had been involved in the distilling industry in Scotland before immigrating to America in the early 1790s, was convinced that a distilling business would round out Mount Vernon's complement of economic ventures - and generate substantial profits. Ever the discriminating businessman, Washington proceeded cautiously but allowed Anderson to purchase two stills and set up a small operation in the cooperage next to the gristmill in early 1797. The result was the production of six hundred gallons, sold for a good profit. Encouraged, George Washington agreed to construct a large distillery over the winter of 1797-1798. The new distillery was 75 feet by 30 feet and contained 5 copper pot stills, a boiler, and all required equipment for large-scale whiskey production. In 1799, the year of Washington's death, the distillery produced nearly 11,000 gallons, making it the largest whiskey distillery in America at the time."
Fred a.k.a.
FM No Static at All

Fix America - The Patriot Way!
Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...
-Thomas Jefferson (The Declaration of Independence)
FM No Static At All
Commander

Location: Ending the reign of terror called the Federal Reserve System

Postby hcarter333 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

Hi,

I just found my name mentioned on this post via Google search. I'm not entirely sure I understand what the conversation is about, nor do I need to, I just thought I'd chime in as being real, (as opposed to a sock puppet, whatever that is). My interest in TTB is for history and/or entertainment i.e. it's a pastime for me. I've researched the topic with no great fervor since I was 12. It's fun. In any event, it's nice to make everyone's acquaintance.

Best Regards,
Hamilton Carter
hcarter333
Ensign Apprentice

Postby kevin » Wed May 27, 2015 11:14 am

hcarter333 wrote:Hi,

I just found my name mentioned on this post via Google search. I'm not entirely sure I understand what the conversation is about, nor do I need to, I just thought I'd chime in as being real, (as opposed to a sock puppet, whatever that is). My interest in TTB is for history and/or entertainment i.e. it's a pastime for me. I've researched the topic with no great fervor since I was 12. It's fun. In any event, it's nice to make everyone's acquaintance.

Best Regards,
Hamilton Carter

Howdo, and welcome.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Mikado14 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:55 am

hcarter333 wrote:Hi,

Best Regards,
Hamilton Carter

Hello Hamilton Carter.

I am so very glad that you decided to post. It is very rare that a one time poster from the Token comes forward and eliminates the perception of being a sock puppet*. There are threads around here that discuss the science as well as pseudoscience and a good many of other topics to include an independent due-diligence of the book "Defying Gravity" that you might find interesting. It is this due-diligence that is some of the most damning evidence in regard to anonymous sock puppets. You will see posted rebuttals to posts that Linda will make on the Token and you can just ignore them and are usually posted to counter the saying that silence is consent.

Again, so very nice to see that a perceived sock puppet is real.

Mikado

* A sock puppet is a false identity and is done for different reasons. However, in the case of Linda Brown, she had created various false identities and would post under the various names and most prolifically it was done on the old ttbrown forum and was done here on the Hut as well which can be proven by IP's from the registration.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby hcarter333 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 pm

It's nice to have met you as well. I believe I came to Linda's attention when I wrote the series of articles beginning here
http://chipdesignmag.com/carter/2012/12/03/higgs-boson-a-fringe-physics-success-a-holiday-serial/

I've posted a few times at the Token. Linda introduced me to the group by the aforementioned email.

Best Regards,
Hamilton
hcarter333
Ensign Apprentice

Postby kevin » Wed May 27, 2015 12:56 pm

One of those cosmic coincidences???
Rose started this thread exactly one year ago....tempus fugit.. as it says on clocks and watches.
So whats Your interest/s in all things TTB related Hamilton?
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby hcarter333 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi Kevin,

The science, if it ever pans out, is fascinating! In the event that it doesn't 'Defying Gravity' was an awesome story regardless of it's ultimate validity. In the end, my interest is just in learning more about the science and the story as an interesting pastime at this point.

Best Regards,
Hamilton
hcarter333
Ensign Apprentice

Postby kevin » Wed May 27, 2015 1:25 pm

hcarter333 wrote:Hi Kevin,

The science, if it ever pans out, is fascinating! In the event that it doesn't 'Defying Gravity' was an awesome story regardless of it's ultimate validity. In the end, my interest is just in learning more about the science and the story as an interesting pastime at this point.

Best Regards,
Hamilton

"Pans out"
Dr Brown used to spin out, as such , to seek out those little nuggets of differences.
They are spinning something fast at Cern, nes pas, interesting object ( Shiva) there.
http://www.zengardner.com/cern-collider-stargate-shiva/
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby kevin » Wed May 27, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm all a spin now...
http://www.goldenmean.info/gravitycode/
Kevin...walking in fibonacci footsteps.
kevin
The Hobbit

PreviousNext