Shoulder surgery

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: Shoulder surgery

Postby Mikado14 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Well Cat, it appears that I may have a torn rotator cuff. It only bothers me in certain positions.

Can they ever heal themselves?

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Not according to my surgeon. It will likely just get worse. I don't recommend surgery if you can avoid it. I had torn tendons to complicate mine, so if I wanted a functional arm, I needed surgery. If it only bothers you in certain positions, physical therapy might help.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Waiting to set up the MRI as I mentioned. Every now and then it can be painful just lying in bed and then other times, it is okay and then I do something and it is like...."Holy Cow!"

I could be really rude and say something about physical therapy and arms and such but I'll just let it go. Aw hell, go for it....I got this trench to dig using both my arms, you know, shovel and pick...maybe that would work. (bet thought it I was going to say something else switching arms...aw hell, go for it...I could switch arms with the pick, that would balance the work on each shoulder)

Nuff for now.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:46 pm

I went to physical therapy last week. The therapist was appalled when I said I would be back after the sling is off. I reminded him that the expense is out of my pocket, and that it's not work comp, so I can't be required to go. I refuse to tie up two to three hours a week to have someone breathing down my neck while I do my prescribed exercises.

On another note, I realized yesterday, that by the time this is all said and done, my shoulder will have been FUBARed for a year and a half. And on yet another note, the cover of an overhead light fixture in the office fell on my head Wednesday. I dented it. I have a hard head. <g>

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby kevin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:15 pm

I have just been listening to the hallelujah chorus, so....
Hallelujah Cat, You saw the light.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby StarCat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:05 pm

I went for round two of pain and torture today. It seems I'm progressing a bit ahead of schedule. My exercises have been upgraded to active range of motion. I almost posted ROM, but that might have been confusing for people who would interpret it as Read Only Memory. Next week I see the surgeon again. My fellow nurses want me back in the field. I want me back in the field. I like the work better, and it pays better. Mikado, if you have any interest in printouts of the exercises for rotator cuff problems, shoot me a pm. I can make copies and send them. Up to you.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby StarCat » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:59 pm

The shoulder has healed enough to allow me to operate a corkscrew. I opened my Laughing Cat Sweet Baby Reds and toasted my health. The wine is quite nice. A good balance between dry and sweet.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Previous

Return to The Round Table