Shoulder surgery

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Shoulder surgery

Postby StarCat » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:42 pm

My shoulder surgery is scheduled for Monday. I'm looking forward to having it over with. Then, on Fruday, my daughter, grandkids and I are heading for Albuquerque and the Balloon Fiesta. Erin's going to have a whole bunch of driving! We're flying my son-in-law in for two nights as a birthday surprise for my oldest granddaughter. She turns 10 on the fifth. I'm a bit apprehensive about traveling so soon after surgery, but being my stubborn self, I said canceling the trip was not an option. I don't know if I'm brave, or just crazy.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Re: Shoulder surgery

Postby DavidG » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:26 am

Best wishes for your operation and subsequent recovery, Cat, may it go smooth as silk!

Dave
DavidG
Lt. Commander

Postby LuisP » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Cat
Thumbs up for tomorrow, from me !

Thumbs Up !.jpg
Thumbs Up !.jpg (6.3 KiB) Viewed 4010 times

And take your (ahem) Percocet with you on that drive. Since you insist on doing it ... you crazy, brave woman you !
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:22 am

Surgery's done. Hurting. They gave me extra strength percocet. At least I can take ibuprofen again in between. Couldn't take that the week before due to bleeding concerns. I'll post pictures from the balloon Fest. I don't have to do the driving at least. My daughter gets that job. Thank you for the good wishes.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby StarCat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:32 pm

We made it to Albuquerque and back without too much drama. The battery completely died on Saturday, and we rolled into the local Firestone on momentum. Very glad that didn't happen on the interstate.

We flew my son-in-law down for two nights, and spent a large portion of Monday visiting locations for Breaking Bad.

Tuesday morning my daughter the kids and I made one last trip to the Fiesta. We finally got to see the morning ascension. High winds had prevented it when we were there Sunday morning. Then it was back on the road. We stopped at Capulin Volcano National Monument. The kids and I hiked the path down to the crater. Now they can brag that they've been in a real volcano.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby re-rose » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm

How much mobility do you have in your shoulder now, Cat? Can you reach over your head, yet? The "behind the passenger seat purse reach' move" does in more women's shoulders than just about anything else. I hope you're healing quickly.

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby StarCat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:32 pm

My mobility is still very limited Rose. My stitches are out and I can pick up a cup of coffee. No overhead lifting yet. I have the picture of the tendon. It looked like a frayed rope. The injury had been coming on for a while, due to previous injuries that were dismissed as unimportant because they involved work comp. The work comp docs like to treat and street. But now it's been properly attended, I'm following orders, and in another three months it should be in good shape. For now, everyday things like getting dressed require extra thought. Thank goodness for workout pants and t-shirts.

Tell Linda hello for me. She still broadcasts in purple. Some things never change.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby StarCat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:28 pm

First session of physical therapy aka pain and t I return was this morning. The therapist assumed that I'm not driving yet. I told him I don't have a choice. My range if motion is good, so I'm relieved on that point.

My granddaughter and I are sling buddies now. She fell at school yesterday, and broke her collar bone. The school refused to call her mother (my daughter). My grandson, who's 12, pulled out his cellphone and made the call. As much as he fights with his sisters, he's very protective of them.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 pm

They refused? I think they would be getting an earful from me.

PT.....ararrrrrrgh. Pain yes, help, only in some situations and it of course it did nothing for mine. Hope it works out better for you.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

Postby StarCat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Livid falls far short of my daughter's reaction. I told her she should sue for negligence.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Next

Return to The Round Table