Ebola. should I worry?...

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Ebola. should I worry?...

Postby wags » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:18 pm

The virus in the room...

I have been following this story for a while now and it looks like the situation is either under total control or that question is going to get said a lot in the coming months.

Now I have a very dim view of the efficiency and competence at government to solve it quickly enough.

Time to stock up with some sensible supplies.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Re: Ebola. should I worry?...

Postby LuisP » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:48 pm

wags wrote:The virus in the room...

I have been following this story for a while now and it looks like the situation is either under total control or that question is going to get said a lot in the coming months.

Now I have a very dim view of the efficiency and competence at government to solve it quickly enough.

Time to stock up with some sensible supplies.

No joking matter, this is.
But are you losing your nerve, Wags ?

I am not worried. I know that once the “vaccine” that is in the works and almost ready to make its debut http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/ ... ments.html) comes to light, this all will just be yesterday’s news. Same as the Bird and Cow disease.

Except - meanwhile and like before - a large chunk of Money will be moving from the same as Ever to the same as Usual.

Till then, well, just be careful and watch your Six (mind ?).

Not much longer to go. “It” finally “is” in Europe and the US.

Close to Check-Mate, then.

PS : Spain is just a few hundred klicks from where I'm typing. Do not make the easy assumption that I'm underestimating this.
I'm just making an "educated guess".
And calling it.
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Oh, plus this, just in.

As, today !

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/06/healt ... ?hpt=hp_t1

Some excerpts :
-"....we believe Brincidofovir is the best choice" said Dr. Phil Smith, medical director of the Biocontainment Unit
- "... The biopharmaceutical company Chimerix got approval from the FDA for emergency use of Brincidofovir "
- "... Chimerix sent brincidofovir, to be tested against Ebola. Test-tube data showed positive results. Further tests are being planned"
- "... Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. is in the early stages of developing its drug, ZMapp"
- ".... The National Institutes of Health started human testing of a vaccine to prevent Ebola in early September. The U.S. Department of Defense is working with a company to develop a vaccine as well"
- "... The vaccine was created by GlaxoSmithKline and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. It's being tested in the United States and will be tested in healthy volunteers in the United Kingdom, Mali and Gambia."
- ".... Another vaccine developed by the Public Health Agency of Canada, licensed to Iowa-based NewLink Genetics, is also about to start trials."

Hell, what can I say, it's a feckin stampede.

Grab your wallets, People !

You're all gonna need it.
LuisP
Commander

Postby wags » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Luis,

Living 15 clicks from Gatwick and knowing someone who travels to Gambia regularly sought of raises the alarm bells. Gambia is free of it at the moment but it is surrounded.

The predicted map was not great news, seems the UK is most likely with Belgium, USA and Germany.

21 day incubation period is really bad news, only the virus itself which appears pretty fragile and not an aerosol means it is beatable, but are the powers able to get their act together quickly. The vaccine is the solution but that may take time as well. I am thinking of secondary affects as well. May get sudden panic buying, and that could be a real problem here. They may be saying things to keep things from becoming unpredictable.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby LuisP » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:58 pm

wags wrote:Luis,

Living 15 clicks from Gatwick and knowing someone who travels to Gambia regularly sought of raises the alarm bells. Gambia is free of it at the moment but it is surrounded.

The predicted map was not great news, seems the UK is most likely with Belgium, USA and Germany.

21 day incubation period is really bad news, only the virus itself which appears pretty fragile and not an aerosol means it is beatable, but are the powers able to get their act together quickly. The vaccine is the solution but that may take time as well. I am thinking of secondary affects as well. May get sudden panic buying, and that could be a real problem here. They may be saying things to keep things from becoming unpredictable.

All true.
But they may be also saying things to keep things predictable.

So, which way to go ?

"Chicken soup and prudence don't hurt" as we say around here, so of course if you have someone close who travels to where "it" is rampant, maybe best to avoid getting near him for one never knows. I myself - today - had to meet with a client who yesterday returned from Angola, where he stayed for these last two weeks. I kept contact to the civilized minimum (shake hand in, shake hand out, no touchee nothing and my suit is now dry cleaning, after I undressed it in my bathroom and put it inside a plastic garbage bag) besides having brougt along to the meet a flask of something the wife had bought for the (ahem) "Flu pandemic" and washed my hands thoroughly afterwards when I got to the car, and later on, naked in my house, a good body rub ... I have to confess to these sillynesses !

But hey, "Who has an asshole, has Fear" as we also say here. So, sure.

Question is - are we facing something like the HIV virus, or is it airborne ?

EVERYONE says it isn't airborne. That it can only get at you if you "exchange" or get "in touch with" body fluids.

Now, this Spanish nurse thing (precisely today) is a curved ball, so to speak. It seems she was "full metal jacketed", meaning, completely bio protected while treating the Ebola patient ... and even so, she got it. How come ?

Needs figuring out. And it will be, make no mistake. Simply too big an issue to be "uncertain". Either she was fully jacketed, or not.
And there are already some reports that things (ahem) were not exactly kosher inside that hospital regarding the bio jackets.

IF - and only IF - this thing is airborne, will I run for the hills.

Then again, my call is (a) it is not airborne, and (b) this all will be over soon.

Only thing missing is a big pharma's drug being marketed, to clinch it.
LuisP
Commander

Postby wags » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:28 pm

It is not airborne but it will not be over soon. The situation in Africa is not getting better but it might have odd effects in our respective locations. The Spain case and the Dallas guy who was initially sent home does not engender 'confidence' in muddling through. But if the microbe does not dissolve you...
wags
Commander

Postby Jeeves » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Not airborne, but transmissible by bodily fluids.

What does that mean to you ?

Do sneezes cause airborne bodily fluids ?

Does the definition of "airborne" matter at that point ?

Just curious.

Just Ask Jeeves
Jeeves
Ensign

Postby Soloma » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Might be prudent to consider Kevin`s recent post about agenda 21. In my humble opinion, it sure seems as if population control is the driving force behind policy made by those who are in charge. Have we forgotten Fukushima and how that has been handled?

I have been questioning, psyop? Easy way to round up whoever, they have ebola! Listening to folks at work, they all parrot what the talking heads have been saying. Sort of what is being done here. Round folks up, then claim its under control.

These are my two assumptions on what is really happening with the ebola scare because if we know anything by now, we know they dont tell us the truth.
Soloma
Commander

Postby Soloma » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Further thought yields another psyop scenario, lethal vaccinations with the blame left on ebola`s doorstep which would not jeopardize the orchestrators. Obviously I do not think for a second what is being disseminated by the corporate owned media is really what is happening.

They have zero credibility at this point, as you have suggested others to do about your research, think about it.
Soloma
Commander

Postby wags » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:54 am

Jeeves wrote:Not airborne, but transmissible by bodily fluids.

What does that mean to you ?

Do sneezes cause airborne bodily fluids ?

Does the definition of "airborne" matter at that point ?

Just curious.

Just Ask Jeeves

It is not a cold or flu type virus does not include coughs and sneezing. ie it is not an airborne type.

I do not think it is a conspiracy to reduce population, but then again I do not think they are as omnipotent but incompetent. Public services are renowned for being inefficient, slow and expensive. The latest prediction is it will properly arrive in around two weeks according to UK papers.

So paradoxically my concern is that they are not powerful enough to deal with this, and it probably will spread. If it is intentional and they really do have that much real power it will spread.

Even if it does not spread, there may still be unpredictable social / economic consequences.
wags
Commander

Next

Return to The Round Table