Ebola. should I worry?...

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Re: Ebola. should I worry?...

Postby StarCat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:50 pm

The United States maintains stockpiles of deadly infectious agents. The primary reason given is so that resources to combat these diseases can be developed. The secondary, unsettling reason, is biological warfare. I can remember my dad talking about stuff like this when I was a teenager. I guess I listened more than I realized at the time.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Soloma » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7vHLXCphA#t=643

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rasnick
However his observations, based on his understanding of retroviruses and collaboration with Professor Duesberg, that retroviruses are not sexually transmissible and have never been shown to cause disease are distressing to the mainstream scientific community, who for this reason refuse to engage with him. His position is that AIDS is not caused by HIV and is not an infectious disease at all is very much a minority view. He claims that the consequences for the medical and political establishments of admitting that they have wasted a quarter of a trillion dollars prevents any open debate around the issue.[6]

So here is a fellow claiming that the aids is bull crap and what we are seeing playing out may very well be tried and true. How damn deep is the rabbit hole???
Soloma
Commander

Postby StarCat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:18 pm

When I get back to work, I'll ask John if he thinks AIDS is real. He's dying from it. He probably has a pretty good sense if whether or not it's real. I'll really miss him when his time comes. He's quite an intelligent conversationalist.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby wags » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:39 pm

I don't see any evidence that suggests to the contrary about Ebola. There is no prima facia evidence against it. Will those in power abuse and spin the situation 'but of course' that is more of a worry that they will not do the correct things. I am astounded that a quarantine has not occurred and what do we have 'Dallas'. Just not great having a weak dithering POTUS planet incapable of making a pragmatic decision on any of these matters. They are not close to containment.

So now we have a deadly virus, fundamentalist islam, nuke proliferation not to mention fuki. How much more damage is this very weak president going to cause in the next two years. Thankfully he cannot stand for a third term.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby StarCat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:05 pm

What scares me, is that here in the Denver area we have three level one trauma centers, two level two trauma centers, and at least two magnet hospitals, none of which are prepared or capable of dealing with Ebola. We can deal with mass shootings forever. We have The Knife and Gun Club and The Knife and Gun Club East. We don't handle pathogens so well.

As far as an Ebola vaccine, I would be very reluctant to try something that would have to be fast tracked through FDA approval. I've seen too many drugs come and go in a hurry. Drugs that were pushed through, then withdrawn due to fatal side effects. Ebola vaccine, IMHO, has a much greater potential for fatal side effects. This is from a pharmacy technician/nurse perspective.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby wags » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:15 pm

I don't think a vaccine is going to do it myself thinking of the area affected they are not going to be able to vaccinate 80% of the population in West Africa. My main concern is the lack of leadership and management. It is a myth that government can fix things properly (two cases of Ebola in that hospital) They cannot even manage one case, They have to quarantine the area and the excuses are total BS. However I saw that a UK company have developed a test in the early stages and that looks promising.
Boswell : ‘I have provided you with an argument, but I am not obliged to supply an understanding"
wags
Commander

Postby StarCat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 pm

It's a big challenge. It's going to require a lot of baby steps to make any progress. I just hope the E'S get up yo speed on what to watch for and how to handle it.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby DavidG » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Also, vaccines are not immunizations...thats a wrench in the gears.....whats in your syringe? :o
DavidG
Lt. Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:54 pm

This CDC director guy, Tom Frieden, will have a lot to answer to … spreading Doom as he does with interviews such as this : http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

Tom Frieden.png
Tom Frieden.png (58.01 KiB) Viewed 2020 times

I have hundreds of thousands of my countrymen – vicinity of 400.000 – spread throughout Africa. Northwards and southwards of Ebola’s Zaire species breakout epicenter, which is reported to be inside the zone comprehended by Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast.

Several thousands of them right on the other side of Guinea’s border, a country called Guinea-Bissau.

Below, a map of Africa. I painted in Red the places where my countrymen dwell. Starting from North, they are - the Cape Verde Islands, Guinea-Bissau, Sao Tome and Principe islands, Angola and Mozambique.
In other colors, the Ebola outbreak grounds.

Africa.jpg

Now check this,
Daily – daily ! – my country’s Flag air carrier flies to, and receives from, several planes – at least, four ! – full of people either going, or coming from all of those places, all of which lie basically in West Africa ! And just for the record - White, Black, Brown and Yellow men, women and children.

I haven’t the numbers about inter-flights among those Red countries, but it stands to reason that at the very least a daily one is done. Why ? Because lots of relatives and businesses bond them together by reason of a shared Language … and oppressor. For around 500 years, my People ruled them and not only turned Blacks into Browns from one side to another of the Map, but also merged their native languages into a common one, thereby creating relations among all and easing commerce and trade over the entire continent.

Strangely …. strangely
Till now, not one- one ! – Ebola case has been reported either in my country, or theirs.

But following this Frieden’s scumbag math, not only Africa – more than 4 months now into Ebola’s spree - would be mostly wiped out, but surely – Surely ! – some cases would have surfaced in epicenters’ neighboring countries, and by consequence also in those that closely interface with them … such as mine !

But hey … Zilch !
Nada !

….. Someone is not giving enough attention to this Doom shite, I say .
I mean, we may be poor, but ferchrissakes we Ruled a large chunk of Africa for centuries, and exchange daily kisses with them to this day !

So, what gives, Frieden ? How about sharing some Gloom and paying us our dues ?
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Should I mention this, too ?

Yes, I should ....

Nowadays, Angola is a a muscle country. A Regional Power, so to speak. They are one the world's largest Oil producers, they have Diamond mines everywhere and its Elite has a lot of "staying power" .... having fought Us for around 14 years, and after that, among themselves for a further 30 years.

Their Elite fought for close to 40 years, and won. They are Mensch, and Rich.
And do not let any African forget that.

Why am I "mentioning" all this ?

Because Everyone in Africa (and not just) goes to Angola .... including Guineans, Sierra Leoneses, Ivory Coasters and Libereans businessmen.

A bit just like Everyone in the World flocks to Washington.

But hey .... sure, whatever.
LuisP
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The Round Table