Hanging Out With Kevin in Yorkshire

No sides to this table. A place where anything goes. Just be polite and leave the hard core vulgarities alone, anyway, the forum won't let you post them.
Forum rules
Act like an adult, no prepubescent children, even if it means an argument but do so with a calm demeanor.

Hanging Out With Kevin in Yorkshire

Postby re-rose » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Well, not really, but we have been watching the BBC/PBS series, Last Tango in Halifax,which is shot there, so I think of him often.

It's a beautiful series, that has garnered many awards. If you have Netflix, and like a lively dramedy with great actors, you must put this on your watch list.
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Re: Hanging Out With Kevin in Yorkshire

Postby kevin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:48 am

re-rose wrote:Well, not really, but we have been watching the BBC/PBS series, Last Tango in Halifax,which is shot there, so I think of him often.

It's a beautiful series, that has garnered many awards. If you have Netflix, and like a lively dramedy with great actors, you must put this on your watch list.

Shows how carefull thar needs to be wit facebook mularky.
I used to work in Halifax quite a bit, and fished for years with the Brighouse team just down the road.
I was North of England manager based a few miles from Halifax, at a place known locally as cleckhuddersfax.
Between cleckheaton, halifax and huddersfield.
The Brontes of Haworth is close to there.
Lovely to see You post here Rose.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby re-rose » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:44 pm

I flunked Facebook, Kev. It's just not my cup o' the all-purpose Yorkshire remedy!

I do love hearing the Yorkie accents, though. Yours shines through in your writing, but to hear them spoken takes me back to my days as a country child in the deep south. Many of the older people spoke in the same manner having learned it from their grands and greats who immigrated to the Carolinas.

Many of them became Appalachian mountain folk, for a while. Some remained in the mountains, others migrated southward in search of good farming land. Wherever they went, they carried their strong speech patterns with them, or at least they did, until the ubiquitous Television began to smooth them out. One would be hard pressed to hear them there now.

BTW, the fund you are looking for was mentioned in this sub at:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1225

rose
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby kevin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Cheers Rose.
I still don't know anything about if a fund was ever started?
My Yorkshire senses are sensing a distraction been unrolled since Bob a job started posting certain things.

Where does Linda get information about any monies raised etc?
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby re-rose » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Presumably from this:
My wife and I (with wordsmith help from others, of course) have started an Indigeogo campaign to raise money to continue this line of research.
re-rose
Lt. J. G.

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Rose ,
When You have TIME, take a gander at CYBORG 2087
Go to part 3 in the film clips.
You will see a man who had a robot called Gort.
The proffesors assistant has to be mind controlled to stop the technology in the future.
Wave technology.
Linda?
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Return to The Round Table