The day no one thought would ever come....don't count on it

A serious attempt to come to terms with Linda Brown and to move in a positive direction.

Re: The day no one thought would ever come....don't count on

Postby StarCat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:30 pm

The grandkids are being very helpful. Cami, the four year old, prides herself on helping both Rowan and me with our slings. It's very cute.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:52 pm

My daughter just turned Eighteen ...

Among other even less palatable stuff, means she has as much weight as I do regarding her views on how this Nation should conduct its Public Affairs and elect its Representatives.

I mean, The day no one thought would ever come .... has Arrived.

With a vengeance, FFS !
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Around here, June 10th is our National Day.

It means, among other more palatable stuff, that every Eighteen year old, man or woman (boy or girl, really) must present themselves at a local Army recruiting barracks so as to rub cheeks with the wonders of a Armed Forces future, on penalty of the full weight of the Law come crashing down on their shoulders if not.

So,
My baby girl will suddenly - once again ! - transmutate, this time into a Army Fatigues soldier.

I mean, gimme a Double Sctoch, please !
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:45 pm

I think some type of mandatory service is a good idea. This country still tends to subscribe to the barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen female role. I do think that something like community service should be an option rather than military service. Go have your double scotch or more, if you need it.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby LuisP » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Ahem ...
Have you and my wife been talking, Cat ? Or is this, like, a conspiracy ? Damn ... !

I mean, just because I do not want to "see" my baby girl being brutalized by Army life (I did spend close to two mandatory years in the Army, you know ? and I do not reccomend it ! for I liked it too much to be healthy for a man, much a less a woman !) that means I subscribe a "barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen female role" to them ? Yes, if I had a son instead of a daughter I would not be feeling this way, and so what ? No qualms about that, I might even be taking him out for a beer ! Macho stupidity ? Perhaps, but then again, maybe just "natural law" and also no qualms about it !

My daughter has done a full month Volunteer work for 3 years now, every Summer. Yes, I do subscribe to the notion that WE ALL, upon adulthood, should do a full year community service. Show them "the ropes" and reality check them into Life !

That has nothing to do with this ridicule - to me ! - notion that Women are "equal" to men and as such it is discriminatory to not call them To Arms.

It is because I cherish Women, and a Promise of woman as my Girl is much more even, that I feel thorn inside. Not - by an extremely long chalk ! - because I underestimate them.
It is because I love Life that - to me - it is Unnatural, Unlawful, to train and ask women to kill ... or for men to kill women, that too.

But hey ... sure.

I'm a jerk.

Or so my wife reminded me, just yesterday.

And yes, I'll make it a triplet Scotch now.
I do need it.
LuisP
Commander

Postby StarCat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Haven't been talking to your wife, although I bet she has some good stories. I strongly disagree with this country's Selective Service mandate. As for the barefoot, etc., when I was living in Oklahoma, I was legally the property of my husband. That law was finally repealed in the mid 80's. I disagree with war of any sort. I think we could spend our time and resources in a much more productive manner. I explained that in a long ago lifetime in Hibernia, when a warrior chastised my fellow healers and me for refusing to fight. We treated the wounded of both sides, and were warriors in our own way. Maybe you should make it a double triplet.

Cat
StarCat
Commander

Postby Fruitbat » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:13 am

Luis, if you ever get the chance do not pass up the opportunity to try "Manx Spirit" despite being somewhat clear it is (I think) a pleasant whisky.
Do you drink your scotch neat or with a mixer?

FB.
Empty Vessels (and reverse biased semiconductors) make the most noise.
Fruitbat
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby LuisP » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:46 pm

StarCat wrote:"snip"
As for the barefoot, etc., when I was living in Oklahoma, I was legally the property of my husband. That law was finally repealed in the mid 80's.

Maybe you should make it a double triplet.

Cat

"Legal property" of a husband till the mid 80's ?? for crying out loud, that's incredible ! amazing .... out of words, here, really !

Maybe You should be the one to have a double triplet !

I mean, go figure that existing in the last legs of the 20th century .....
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:49 pm

I'll have a drink tonight after supper in Your Name, Cat.

(How could, in these days, Fathers allow that ??? that's what crosses my mind ....)
LuisP
Commander

Postby LuisP » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Fruitbat wrote:Luis, if you ever get the chance do not pass up the opportunity to try "Manx Spirit" despite being somewhat clear it is (I think) a pleasant whisky.
Do you drink your scotch neat or with a mixer?

FB.

Looked it up, for had never heard of.

Seems .... a nightclub drink, fit for partying.
But I may be wrong.

Meanwhile, I'll stick to my mates even if with that in mind.
LuisP
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The day no one thought would ever come....don't count on it