discussions from the past

A special place to look back and find gems that may have been overlooked.

discussions from the past

Postby Linda Brown » Wed May 06, 2009 12:14 pm

I encourage all of you to look over this long thread drawn from the ttbrown.com forums. Paul has locked this section down, of course, and so no one can respond to it currently but the thoughts and the information here are far too important to be lost. So join me please! Look at this and tell me what you think. Thanks so much! Linda

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=361.

I guess the discussion started when talking about the " set" and Ladygrady asked .... " what happened to the other one?" And she is right you know .... when you have a system ..... a communication system .... there are always two parts ... sending and receiving ......

Oh, Lady Grady .... are you still in London? Can you call me again? Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Re: discussions from the past

Postby htmagic » Wed May 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Linda,

That is a good thread but a long one. I haven't had a chance to review all of it.
It is a good question about the "other set".

But I have a question for you. Where is the "set" that your dad had? Did he keep using it until the day he passed away? Do you still have it in the family? Or if it isn't around anymore, when did the set disappear or your father quit using it?

The other question I have relates to the timeframe of its use. Did your dad have the set around when he was working at Decker labs? When your father was doing all the work on the loudspeaker, was the set in existence then? Maybe it was at home with your mom?

The reason I'm asking is because I had a wild idea. Maybe the loudspeaker was not only a loudspeaker but being used as a transmitter at the same time. And only one with a special set could pick up those signals... :idea:
MagicBill

Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
The Alchemist

Postby kevin » Wed May 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Linda Brown,
As I appear to have stopped that thread in it's tracks, I should just like to wish David all the best, he has a major operation pending, all my hairy hobbit toes are crossed.
A piece of sculpture found it's way to myself the other day, it's an African gents head made out of soapstone, I am most impressed by it's ability to create a directional field, fancy just a bit of talc been able to do that?

The reason I know it's doing that is because I am operating with the natural talents built in ourselves, I can communicate with that stone.
Do you realise that if a strong magnetic field is placed next to a bees hive, they forget how to make the geometric honeycomb, ever wondered how they manage to build that stuff, without compasses and set squares, I would find it a doddle, you just go with the flow.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Linda Brown » Wed May 06, 2009 3:21 pm

My Hobbit toes are crossed too Navigator.

And Magic Bill. You asked about the " set".

Currently the set is not in my hands.
It came to live with us in 1955 when we lived in Leesburg, Virginia .... and stayed by Dads side constantly ( and I mean CONSTANTLY) until Dad and Mom left the island sometime in the late 70s. I don't recall seeing it again after that.

Dad had moved from San Francisco ( Actually Sunnyvale) to Chapel Hill, North Carolina ..... then back to several places in Florida before he moved back to California. All of the furniture that George and I helped them take to North Carolina (1979) ( a UHaul truck and trailer full) was basically sold down to what they could take with them in their car and a small shipment sent ahead... when they moved to Florida. Dad had a shipment of office things sent to Florida and of course equipment and recorders but Mom declared that she was going to start " traveling light"..... if I had really cared about material things I probably would have wanted all of the nice furniture that " went away" then too but I fear that I prefer " traveling light" too. I never thought to ask about the " set" because I figured before I got involved with Paul and this story that the shortwave radio had probably been sold with the beautiful dining set and the grandfather clock. ( And I was AMAZED that mother actually sold these awesom Jardineres from Grandmother Browns house. I used to play inside them... Jennifer did the same! but Mother reported rather gleefully that she had found them a very good home with an antiques dealer who had given her a handsome price and would take good care of them. I hate to tell you how many times George and I packed up those Jardineres and how relieved we were that we would not have to deal with them any more!)

Wandering a little there. Sorry.
So in answer to your question .... Dad had the " set " with him at Deckers in 1965. Sometimes in the Lab .... sometimes just covered with a green blanket in the trunk of the car.

It would be nice to see it again. But if I had it.... I probably put it in the black trunk that is taking care of Dads first fan precipitator. "Morgan" told me once that they both belonged in the Smithsonian.

Heads up folks... Getting ready to post a sample in the reading room. And I should explain now that the character known to all of you as "Morgan" in Pauls sphere is named " David" in mine. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby htmagic » Wed May 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Linda,

Thanks for that answer. It sounds interesting that you spent your time in a timepiece and so did your daughter.
So Jardinere was French furniture from the Napoleon era?

Linda Brown wrote:Heads up folks... Getting ready to post a sample in the reading room. And I should explain now that the character known to all of you as "Morgan" in Pauls sphere is named " David" in mine.

Morgan ... David, did he like wine? <groan> :roll:
MagicBill

Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
The Alchemist

Postby FM No Static At All » Wed May 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Here is a "blast from the past" that seems appropriate to both the discussion and the opening of The Quonset Hut to the world.
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:gold stars
I am speaking to anyone reading this who hasn't felt that it was important enough to log on and add your "two cents worth. Here is an example of what I was talking about! Each one of you has the ability to bring forth REALLY important pieces of information! You may not think that your comments will have any value but please don't discount yourself!

This was in reference to a post by Lady Grady. It is equally relevant here. Are you including the "Story about the story" in your book Linda? It would seem that the various incarnations of the forums alone are a story in their own right.
Fred a.k.a.
FM No Static at All

Fix America - The Patriot Way!
Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...
-Thomas Jefferson (The Declaration of Independence)
FM No Static At All
Commander

Location: Ending the reign of terror called the Federal Reserve System

Postby Linda Brown » Thu May 07, 2009 2:06 am

Yes, the interactions of the individuals in the forums really are a large part of all of this. we will have to talk about how much you all want your identities " blurred" for the book. But yes, what you all have contributed ... will have a mention in one way or another ... but we have a way to go I think .... I was just looking at the timeline and its amazing the long gaps between events yet I know that I was messaging Paul nearly every day .... It took a very long time before he actually started writing chapters .... I will have to look the exact date of that up .... But the forum predated that activity ! I can remember Victoria locking onto " Thursdays" and I have to give it to him once he got on a roll Paul did try to produce a Chapter every week.

But how strange all of this is

July 2002 ....Janoshek contacts Paul and suggests he writes about Dad .... Paul had just finished his first book ( after 17 years!
November 2002.... Pauls first letter to me
March 2003 .... we signed our contract
April 2003 ... we met for the first time in Las Vegas

The postcard arrived from "Morgan" at the end of Feb 2004

So as I am seeing it ..... Paul had eleven months since we signed our contract and before Morgan entered the picture. Question is.... Why did Morgan come back into the situation? I have my own thoughts of course ..... but you guys have been watching all of this come down .... the folks that were there from the beginning .... What are your thoughts about why Morgan may have staged a comeback. Exploring all of the possibilities here! <g> Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby arc » Thu May 07, 2009 7:29 pm

Linda

Perhaps because the situation requires “careful handling”. A reawakening of the past, especially one fraught with such high level science is a risky business. The potential for disclosure of certain elements must be “managed”. There seems to be an element of this all being “carefully staged”, right from first contact with Paul.
The agenda of the agenda...

arc
The future lays not beneath our feet, but rather beneath the stars.
arc
Commander

Postby FM No Static At All » Thu May 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Or perhaps Morgan/David (Magic Bill it's NOT a wine! :roll: ) knew in advance that you would need reassurance and motivation to "go forth" when things seemed to be at an end point. Looking out for you from a distance he stepped up to let you know that he is still there for you. A promise is a promise, and a true gentlemen keeps them.
Last edited by FM No Static At All on Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo correction
Fred a.k.a.
FM No Static at All

Fix America - The Patriot Way!
Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...
-Thomas Jefferson (The Declaration of Independence)
FM No Static At All
Commander

Location: Ending the reign of terror called the Federal Reserve System

Postby Linda Brown » Fri May 08, 2009 11:19 am

Thank you for that remembrance Fred.

I have thought before how very important that particular token was. What might have happened if I hadn't thought to show Paul that token while I was in Vegas? What if I had thrown it away years ago? I kept that silly thing with me ...... from the day he handed it to me on the Staten Island Ferry... what would have happened then if I had tossed it? This story could have gone in so many different directions that I could not even count them. What might have happened if Paul had said in response to the question " Does she still have the token?"..." Err... I don't know anything about a token."

Like you said .... A promise is a promise. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Next

Return to Go With The Flow