discussions from the past

A special place to look back and find gems that may have been overlooked.

Re: discussions from the past

Postby Rose » Fri May 08, 2009 1:23 pm

I've been thinking about Dr. Downing...do you remember if you asked him if he knew your father (or any of his compatriots? Perhaps Paul never followed up because he did not consider that part of HIS story,

Pilgrim, sequels will be mandatory!

rose
Honk if You Know Townsend
http://jansrose.blogspot.com/
Rose
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Fri May 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Thats an interesting question Rose. One that we need to ask the man himself I think. Hopefully I can contact him soon but I wanted to be able to talk with you before so that I would have a good list of things that we wanted to ask him and I didn't want to forget anything.

I know that he received my first phone call very graciously .... I mentioned this dream I had just had about the whale .... then we talked more about the character of Hagar and he said how strange it was that I would mention that persons name.... He had just finished a sermon about her..... He sent me a very encouraging letter and years later when I called to set up a phone conversation with Paul he seemed interested. Of course now..... will he think that I was just a flash in somebodys mental pan?

But Paul did take much of what Rev. Downing had written and enfolded it in one whole chapter where he was writing about a discussion that Dad had with Tula ( my room mate) during the summer of 1966 in Philadelphia. Now I don't know but wasn't Dr. Downing in Philadelphia then? And wasn't he also a physicist?

We, obviously need to talk to the man.

Its interesting to me that Paul would spend a whole chapter on a subject that was particularly right up Dr. Downings avenue .... and yet never bother to talk with him .... even after the phone meeting was set up!

Of course Paul has hours and hours of Tula on tape from a visit we all had together at Buckeye Lake in Ohio. We sat out on a porch overlooking that oddly green water and talked and talked and talked and I would bet now that Paul never bothered to transcribe any of those conversations. And I KNOW she told him about that talk she had with my Dad about Flying Saucers and the Bible! Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Rose » Fri May 08, 2009 6:33 pm

He's going to be a interesting thread to try and weave into the story! He's on the talk-talk list for sure.

rose
Rose
Commander

Time Travel (again)

Postby PeeTee » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:21 am

I found this in the "parallel universe" Which has truly become another universe.....You have to know exactly how to get into it, or else you fall into it because of Google or Twitter. It was posted last winter

Re: The Spiritual Implications of Time Travel, Etc.

Postby Trickfox on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:17 am

"IF" you can time travel then
A- It is impossible to change events because they have already happened and you cant unmake an event

I believe this point of view is purely SUBJECTIVE.....
Objectively, the events can change around you without you being aware. If a conflict arrises which prevents you from participating in the reality of the events then you are the only entity not consciously aware of the events, either because you don't exist,-or have died, or are simply not aware for various purely logical reasons.

This proves Kevins poem reference quite lierally (if, -I understand the poem anyhow :wink: )

I have a whole book on this called "Satan, Cantor, and Infinity" by Raymond Smullyan It's chalk full of mind blowing "thought experiments" which revolves around a mysterious Island where Knights and Knaves live and a modern day scientist goes about asking questions to sort out "first order math logic".

It's one of my favorite books because it has no formulas but the "logic" is totally STUNNING and it makes perfect sense.

From Publishers Weekly
In Smullyan's latest challenging collection of logic puzzles, the Sorcerer, a logician who uses logic so cleverly it seems like magic, visits an island where intelligent robots create other robots. King Zorn, Princess Annabelle, truth-telling knights and lying knaves lighten the presentation of puzzles as the Sorcerer explains the pioneering discoveries of mathematician Georg Cantor (1845-1918) who proved that there are different orders of infinity, and as he delves into paradoxes about probability, time and change. Smullyan ( The Lady or the Tiger? ) tosses in metapuzzles (which are solved on the basis of knowing that certain other puzzles can or cannot be solved) and explores self-referentiality, a property crucial to Kurt Godel's famous incompleteness theorem. The Sorcerer closes with a tale of how Satan is outwitted by a student of Cantor's. A mind-stretching entertainment for the serious, dedicated puzzle-solver.
Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Trickfox

Anyhow.... I was talking about this with FM..... earlier this week, along with the Dobbs twins.
PeeTee
The Trickfox

Re: Time Travel (again)

Postby greggvizza » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:06 am

Mikado wrote:
PeeTee wrote:Anyhow.... I was talking about this with FM..... earlier this week, along with the Dobbs twins.

Is this humor? or, are you in communication with the Dobbs twins?

Mikado

I think he used one of those online translators. It proabably should read: I was talking about this, along with the Dobbs twins, earlier this week with FM.

GV
greggvizza
Flight Commander

Postby PeeTee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:34 pm

It's been a while,and I'm worried about his health too Mikado. How about it sir.... can you toot the horn if you are well?

Peetee le Trickfox
Dancing like a bee.
PeeTee
The Trickfox

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:16 pm

Listening for the huntsmans horn too Trickfox.

I found this on the old forum and considering what we have been talking on the other forum... Bergier etc ... I thought it would be interesting to see who noted him. As if to say, look in this direction.

James Barrett on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:12 am

Odd that the picture they would use to talk about a Russian cutting his throat would feature Crabb talking to school children with what looks like a commando knife in his lap. What style is it? Anybody out there recognize it?

MarkC, I just finished reading that exchange that you and Mr. Twigsnapper had regarding your fathers activities during the war and the specially numbered knife that was awarded to him. Exceptionally interesting! Look at the picture would you. Can you see if its the same type? Just seemed an odd choice of pictures to use, considering the storyline.

And there will undoubtably be a movie in the works over all of this missing frogman thing and Hollywood or someone in the UK will thoroughly mess it all up, as they usually do. Some don't even get to Hollywood before they foul things up, right Paul?
Sometimes its just as far away as Broadway! How's the writers' strike affecting the play anyway Paul? Should I put a little smiley face after that remark?

Oh, speaking of movies. Did you know that the hometown paper for the little town of Avalon has announced that there is going to be a major motion picture coming out regarding Townsend Brown?

Paul? You holding out on us here good buddy or is this news to you too? I have a neighbor who has friends living on the island and they get the local paper. (The Catalina Islander) The last three weekly publications have had a major section devoted to the life of Dr. Brown and his relationship with the Island. Pretty interesting reading. They mention your upcoming book and I noticed that they have used some of the cool pictures that you have in some of your chapters, so I am assuming that they have spoken to you about their use and you know about the article. Any comments about it? Its caused some discussion here abouts because there are many Catalina Islanders living in Hawaii of course, especially in the winter.

Didn't Dr. Brown spend time in Hawaii too? Other than the fifties visits of course. One of the older gentlemen here who also has a house on Catalina made mention of the fact that Townsend Brown spent much time at the University here? Are we going to learn more about that later?

oh, postscript, another thread which seems to have developed and is running parallel to us is this one so those who might be interested should probably keep track of it too. Sarbacher, the man in the black cadillac, Jacques Bergier? JDB
Junior Birdman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
out of darkness
by James Barrett on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:38 pm

And it seems to me that the motto for Camp X also works for this book too

E Tenebris Lux

Easy enough to remember and appropriate I think

Out of darkness, Light

JDB
Linda Brown
Commander

Normandy Then and Now

Postby Rose » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Some of you might enjoy this photo thread:

http://www.allpics4u.com/places/normand ... d-now.html
Rose
Commander

Postby Radomir » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:15 am

Just a very minor followup from Linda's cross posting of the JDB material two posts above.

1. I tried to find the online content for the stories he refers to in the Catalina Islander but was unsuccessful. Assuming they are too small a paper to put all their stories on the web. Any one else have any luck tracking down the stories JDB refers to? Next step would be to contact the paper itself to see if they have them on file. But I did find some historical issues like 1940ish online:
http://www.smalltownpapers.com/CAT.htm
But although I could do the first search ok, now I can't get the search to work again...

2. Looked this up... Canadian Forces School of Military Intelligence: E Tenebris Lux (Latin, "Out of Darkness, Light")
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_U ... ice_Forces)

And then I found this: http://webhome.idirect.com/~lhodgson/spyschool.html

Not a bad initial goal, selling 35 thousand copies.

R.
Radomir
Historian

Postby PeeTee » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:07 am

From a conversation we had years ago I present you
A beach where we may all meet someday in the future.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/popup?id=3266458&contentIndex=1&start=false&page=3
PeeTee
The Trickfox

PreviousNext

Return to Go With The Flow