To Green Eyes

A special place to look back and find gems that may have been overlooked.

Re: To Green Eyes

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Kevin,

I just want you to know that I value your special input so much but I am bad about recognizing your posts when you first put them up. I think sometimes some of us just don't know how to respond. To others and I am probably one of those, we just have to wait for it a little bit because your messages are advanced for us and it just takes a little bit for us to catch up.

Thats why I would hope that you are saving your messages in some sort of notebook... we are saving all that have been posted here but Kevin they are so dear, so special. No wonder you popped back to come face to face with the " deer in the forest>" <g>

Thank you so much for all that you do and will do. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby catspaw1950 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Kevin and Linda,

Madeline L'Engle used the type of phenomenon Kevin decribes in her time quintet, especially in "A Swiftly Tilting Planet." They're written for younger readers, but I still re-read them sometimes.

I also sometimes experience something similar, but not as profound. I'll be driving along, and suddenly feel displaced. as if I've been transported somewhere else. I tusually happens when I see something that calls another place to my mind. Boom! There I am. Then everything reverts to what passes for normal.

Cat
A time just for plantin', a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin'. A place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then, to be close to the earth.
Now the green leaves of summer are callin' me home.
catspaw1950
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:03 pm

When that started happening to me as a kid I took to calling them " standing visions". They were quite apart from strange dreams at night. They would happen in the middle of the day... Like you... suddenly I would be " displaced" somewhere else and then WHAM.... like reaching the end of my rubber bands elasticity.... POP right back to the normal scene with that THUD you talked about.

I have experienced that kind of thing my entire life. Sometimes I have glimpsed previews of what is coming to me.... While on Catalina Island I was walking with my little three year old daughter and we happened to be at the Catalina Stables. I gazed out into a group of pastured horses and suddenly I was displaced. I saw a big dark gelding and he flipped up his head and looked right at me. I can remember thinking what a beauty he was.... how much he resembled a horse I had read about ( Grants charger Cincinatti)... this horse took my breath away and he looked right at me. I blinked..... and the dark horse was gone.

I went home and thought about him over and over and over. I even named him... Shadetree.... but he wasn't there. A couple of weeks later a new shipload of horses came in for a special catered ride for an exclusive mens club..... I strolled past the same corral... and there he was.....He threw up his head and stared at me.... and I guess the rest is history. He was a handsome nine year old and somehow I was able to buy that horse for the money I happened to have... which wasn't much... and he and I were partners for the next thirty years.

I don't know how a horse with such obviously fine breeding ended up on an Island in a rent string.... but there he was....

And I remember Green Eyes how you said you used to "see" the pebbles rolling away out from under your boots and I know that came true for you.... and I have wondered too... what else have you seen? Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Green Eyes.... You were there too.... what rock?

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH, BROWN IS BEST REMEMBERED BY INVENTING THE AIR PURIFIER.
by Jim Watson

A sombre milestone in Catalina history passed when the twenty-fifth anniversary of the passing of one of the Islands most intriguing and interesting characters. A milestone that is marked now with only a headstone at the Avalon Cemetery.

Beyond the Cemeterys arching wrought iron gates, tucked away in the parks southeast corner you will find the very ordinary grave of a very extraordinary man. Here lies the body of a physicist, inventor, devoted father, beloved husband and former Avalon resident Thomas Townsend Brown whose final wish was to be buried "Next to a rock" on a very special island named Catalina.

( the article is actually a two part series.... and thats just the first part.... but he says something interesting here and I don't know why. What rock?)
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby TheTraveler » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Hey Linda,

Just ran into this forum, and well...

WHAM.... like reaching the end of my rubber bands elasticity.... POP right back to the normal scene with that THUD you talked about.

Twice in the last two or so years I have experienced what sounds like the same thing. I remember waking up after it happened the first time wondering at the weird dream as it was very vivid and... anyway. The first time it happened it seemed like my life suddenly changed, and wow... It changed all right. Everything went to hell and it seemed that nothing, no matter how hard I tried went right. At first I wondered if it was related to that weird experience, but over time came to feel that maybe that it was what fate had in store for me.

Then about a year ago it happened again. When I woke up in the morning I remember thinking "I'm back", but discarded the thought as a fools wish. Funny thing was, shortly after that night my life seemed to return to "normal" and along the lines it seemed to have been proceeding before the first incident.

After all that I still discarded the entire expreience as my mind desire to put some logic on something which I assumed to be just a string of bad dicisions over an extended period of time on my part.

Now, well I am not totally sure what to think!
The Traveler
------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted. And not everything that can be counted, counts"
TheTraveler
Chief Petty Officer

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Pauls excuse was that he had fallen into a rabbit hole but for the last couple of years since he gave up and walked away we haven't used that mental image at all. We have been drenched... swum to shore after our ship went aground ( or sucked mud into its boilers Mr. Twigsnapper said... he would say that because he loves sailing ships too much to see one grounded terminally.... so I think that in his mind he turned Pauls "boat" into some sort of tugboat....We ended up on a beach.... putting up landing lights.....and then the qualight bus came along and we all hopped on board.... like campers going off on a lark!... and now that we have finally built our boat and she is ready to head out to sea.... we are talking to new crew members.... some of them might sail with us and others will be content to wave from the pier....But its going to be some adventure and it has just begun!

That feeling of "springing back from a thud" I have felt too.... who knows what all of this means. Last year at this time I was not even sure that some people were still in my life ( speaking of Green Eyes here) and now I might not know exactly where he is or what he is doing but I know that there is a connection now that will never be broken again.... so thats a completely different reality than I was experiencing last year. And the future is totally unknown, as I expect yours is. Hello traveler! There is a fair wind blowing finally. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby kevin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Linda Brown wrote:Green Eyes.... You were there too.... what rock?

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH, BROWN IS BEST REMEMBERED BY INVENTING THE AIR PURIFIER.
by Jim Watson

A sombre milestone in Catalina history passed when the twenty-fifth anniversary of the passing of one of the Islands most intriguing and interesting characters. A milestone that is marked now with only a headstone at the Avalon Cemetery.

Beyond the Cemeterys arching wrought iron gates, tucked away in the parks southeast corner you will find the very ordinary grave of a very extraordinary man. Here lies the body of a physicist, inventor, devoted father, beloved husband and former Avalon resident Thomas Townsend Brown whose final wish was to be buried "Next to a rock" on a very special island named Catalina.

( the article is actually a two part series.... and thats just the first part.... but he says something interesting here and I don't know why. What rock?)

I have every confidence in that Your father knew the structure of space better than anyone.
I often go and have a natter with William the konk ,in Caen, in france.
He is buried in exactly the spot I would choose, if I had the choice in such a matter.
His grave is sited centrally in the central point of a romanesque circuler end in the church abbey des hommes.
It is sited on top of a huge limestone outcrop and IS the most amazing geometric point there to be found, a spot fit for a king.
Maybe a sort of more direct route on a stairway to heaven??
Directly where four points meet.
Kevin
kevin
The Hobbit

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 pm

I've been looking for the place(?) " where the four points meet" for years. If you find it first... Please at least give me a hint! <g> Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Previous

Return to Go With The Flow