Advice from Mr. Twigsnapper

A special place to look back and find gems that may have been overlooked.

Advice from Mr. Twigsnapper

Postby Linda Brown » Wed May 20, 2009 6:57 pm

I just found this in Pauls old forum and need to share it with you all here and I want to encourage more entries when you find anything that Mr. Twigsnapper has thrown in our direction. I have learned that sometimes it takes a little while for me to " get" the content of his instructions and sometimes I do literally have to " wait for it!"

"by twigsnapper on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 am

An interesting thought Gewis, but how then would you classify someone like Morgan? What happens when you find someone who incorporates all of those traits and tendencies and even has some additional that no one would ever even think of? Sort of the odd shape that fits in nowhere and yet fits into everything?

It might be easier to THINK tht you can so easily categorize people into different styles of thought and action but from my experience that can only lead to problems. And I really have to differ with you on your thoughts about impulse. Buying something at the checkout stand is an impulsive act. I will confess to that. Hard pressed to find another example. Again the problem with words. You must know that a boxer never throws a punch without having his follow up punch in order. Homework done,actions which look impulsive but thats just on the surface. And we all interpret our life histories quite differently. so our plans devise differently also.

One of Morgans marks (if it could be said of him that he has a mark of character) is the ability to plan things YEARS in advance. But the day to day execution of actions (which eventually get to his long term goal?) Wildly unpredictable! He and Dr. Brown shared that trait. In fact I think Dr. Brown probably nutured that trait in Morgan. If anyone thought they knew what Dr. Brown was thinking at any one time I am sure that it was either Josephine or Linda. Anyone else, even me? Not a chance.

I am pleased that there are the watchers and the planners, thinkers and the doers out there. Some of them might even be surprised to find that they at different times in their lives, are all of those things and more.

So in looking over the planned social game that you enjoy putting together, just a kind piece of advice. Watch out for the wild cards. twigsnapper.
Revered Elder
Linda Brown
Commander

Re: Advice from Mr. Twigsnapper

Postby Linda Brown » Wed May 20, 2009 7:09 pm

by twigsnapper on Sat May 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Mark M,

Your comment about Dr. Brown " playing soldier" made me smile. I don't think that he ever went that route, even as a kid. It was Navy, all the way for him. Playing with a little toy gun was not his style. He would go for the battle cruiser!

And that jump into the darkness was his first jump. He had "practiced" from a tower but that just taught him how to absorb the shock of landing. It didn't teach him anything else and no one thought it important for him to join the PARAS for what hopefully would be just one experience.

Morgan and I have talked about what it must have been like for him. The ultimate novice drifting down in the dark. We both knew that he would be able to hear even the most unbelievable things as he glided down. Cows mooing in the fields below perhaps. People talking and laughing maybe as they staggered home from a night at their local tavern. A baby with colic keeping the lights on in a farmhouse far to the right. Of course he must have heard things like that. He might have heard me muttering under my breath something akin to " crap, where is he, Where is he." But this man landed probably not even ten yards from his mark. Just as cool and composed. Silent. We got him out of the field and into a moving truck and then he started to laugh quietly and thats when I decided I liked this man. He told me later that though he had been issued a sidearm he would never , EVER use it. Yet he still jumped. I shake my head sometimes at the thought of it. What it was like for him to leap into the blackness but then I remember that he must have said to himself " Everything will be alright. Go Forth!" And thats the message that I leave to all of you. Leap. Everything will be alright. GO FORTH. You will land on your spot and there will be those there to help. twigsnapper
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby pladuim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:16 am

Perhaps Mr. Twigsnapper has gotten so old the only thing that can get him moving is a double dose of Geritol and a box of Ex-lax. :D

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:54 am

Pladuim,

haha.... You might want to compare notes with Andy Griffin regarding tweeking a cats whiskers!

As far as Mr. Twigsnapper is concerned, I don't know how his knee is doing, but don't try to outride the guy! Put a horse under his old hide and no one can keep up.

Ah! Geritol and Exlax. Is that what all you young guys get to look forward to? <g> Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby pladuim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:19 am

DVD,

Just a joke, hoping to draw him out, which I doubt will happen. I know I am treading in dangerous waters here, but what the heck.

I have a lot to look forward to, hopefully Mikado will give me a space ride someday.

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby pladuim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:28 am

DVD,

I am trying to find out what happened between Mr. Griffith and Twigsnapper. Can you or someone else direct me? Mr. Griffith must be busy.

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:29 am

Yes,
I am a little disappointed that he has not already contacted you in some substantive way, but Andy G is alot like a capacitor himself. He builds up power over a long time and then discharges it suddenly all at once in a flash of lightning inspiration. Wish I could tell you more than that.

I am assuming that you will be in the WVa area during the summer. I ask that because I may be coming East when the weather clears and would like to stop by and visit, maybe take you out for lunch or dinner. Maybe a walk but I am having a hard time planning a set schedule.

Always looking forward to your posts! My Very Best to you. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby pladuim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:26 am

DVD,

If you do get to make it out this way, just give me a date and I will plan us a walk down a long country road filled with blackberries, if they are in season that is. If not, I will have you a jar of blackberry jam ready to take back home. I never pass up a free meal, so lunch on you will be a treat. If you can't make it, perhaps I can make it out your way sometime, I do love to travel.

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:09 am

Oh, now... see if you had asked me... I would have put in an order for an EG motorcycle... but what would you call it. Not a motorcycle in the classic sense but what fun that would be! Bone silent....as cool as a horse but faster and never needing to stop... even Mr. Twigsnapper would like it being the old horsemaster that he is... imagine a new age cavalry force!

But of course I keep going back to subs. big ones, little ones.... the same things as the eg "motorcycles, but sumerged. Personal underwater flights! How cool.

But there are other things of course... its just that I know I am speaking to quite a few motorcycle enthusiasts out there....R, Livingston, Pladuim...Mikado.......I happened across Dads old "Indian" registration just the other day and the California license that said boldly on it.... Good until revoked. He was very happy with that even though he gave up riding when he was winding his way through the California mountains as a twenty year old .... his attention was caught by the forrest fire flames on one side of the hill and when he looked back to the road .... he was staring at the hood of a car. Soooo.... I can hear him saying..... you gotta pay attention.

My husband says that a completely quiet motorcycle would not be popular because you hafta have the rumble you know.... all part of it.... but I think moving through the wilderness without a sound might just present all kinds of gifts. Course.... I wonder how much trouble one would have with hunters? <g> ..... speaking of Livingston ....."No problem lady... its your deer.... Just let me get my saddle off it." <g> Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Totem Animal

Postby Griffin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Pladuim,

If you want to lure out Andy G., you probably need to speak more kindly of raccoons. Boost them up instead of shoot ‘em up. It seems it's his totem animal. A raccoon could make a good totem animal for you too, as a resourceful deep recon Marine with a good dose of Cherokee blood. The Cherokee honor raccoons and even have a dual-named raccoon clan. Say a few kind words about these amazingly resourceful and courageous animals. Vicious, you say? That’s been said about dogs too -- and Marines. What’s the difference between being a fierce fighter for something you highly value -- like your own life or that of those dear to you -- and being vicious? As far as I know, a raccoon only fights in self defense or clan defense.

Just a thought for possibly luring the raccoon man.

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin
Gryphon

Next

Return to Go With The Flow