Advice from Mr. Twigsnapper

A special place to look back and find gems that may have been overlooked.

Re: Advice from Mr. Twigsnapper

Postby pladuim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Griffin, DVD,

Andy Griffith has been in contact with me a few times, and really, his is busy. Everything is cool between us, just communication is slow and I understand why. It's Twigsnapper I am waiting for!

Today the Snow Gods has blessed us with more snow. I am having so much fun, making snow Angles, snow ball fights, slay riding. I hope I never grow up! Gotta go, love the snow! Be back later.

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Ha Ha ... waiting for Mr. Twigsnapper. That happens until your path crosses with his. You will never know exactly when or where that might happen. His ability to move about unnoticed is one of his most charming traits. Until suddenly, like Paul, you are face to face with the man.

Course I am beginning to understand and take notes from his style. Dad used to call it ... " travelling light and alone" and I am learning to add.... "and with no one knowing ahead of time where you are." Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Don't worry about your spelling of angels.... Mikados just being a snow drift buried troll.
You would be surprised at the number of times I have asked myself... is that right? no... try it the other way.

Its 78 degrees here under a bright blue sky. Nanner nanner nahner. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby pladuim » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:12 pm

DVD,

If Mikado was to travel up a back road in WV and ran into a sign that says " NO TRESPASIN", the people there might not know how to spell, but I guarantee they know what it means.

I think I can handle the snow way better than the desert heat in the summer. Now the Bahamas, that sounds perfect!

By the way, there may be another litter of pups on the way. If you are driving out here in the summer, and would like, I will save my pick of the litter for you. I would recommend a female. Talk it over with George and let me know.

No Mikado, you can't have one.

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby Andy Griffith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:01 pm

pladuim wrote:DVD,

If Mikado was to travel up a back road in WV and ran into a sign that says " NO TRESPASIN", the people there might not know how to spell, but I guarantee they know what it means.

I think I can handle the snow way better than the desert heat in the summer. Now the Bahamas, that sounds perfect!

By the way, there may be another litter of pups on the way. If you are driving out here in the summer, and would like, I will save my pick of the litter for you. I would recommend a female. Talk it over with George and let me know.

No Mikado, you can't have one.

Pladuim

Now, I think I'm starting to like this man. If everything is in the toilet as far as the U.S. is concerned then at least the gun culture is still well and alive (Thank God!). Do you know what Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, the architect of the attack on Pearl Harbour said, Mr. Palladium?

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto wrote:You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Thank your Founding Fathers for the profound political insights that they were able to incorporate in the U.S. consitution.

A. Griffith
Andy Griffith
Ensign

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:38 pm

"No Mikado, you can't have one.
Laughing out loud.
I will talk to George, really. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby pladuim » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto wrote:
You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Andy G.

Now I choose to keep to myself, but if people don't think the militia is alive and well here in WV then they are sadly mistaken. Perhaps you would like to read a book called "The Kingdom of Kanawha: An Allegory for America". You can buy a copy here at Amazon, but it is expensive because it's not in print anymore. If you don't want to buy it, I may send you an essay on the book sometime.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Kanawha-A ... 0963083406

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby Man out of Time » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Plad,

We lose our guns....which are in every home or almost...an old shotgun or 22.....and we are in SERIOUS TROUBLE. People have been complacent, and the hidden facts of just what threats are below the surface here on planet earth...need to be disclosed and soon. The "Gun Grabbers" scare me...and put me to thinking on just who backs their twisted agendas... -Man
Man out of Time
Petty Officer 1st Class

Postby pladuim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 pm

Hey Man,

I got a story I would like to share, but be careful in here, some people get a little sensitive when it comes to gun issues.

There once was an older lady that lived in these parts. She was a very nice lady that didn't have much, but would do what she could for anyone that needed her help. One night, a very bad man broke into her house, to do some very bad things. She happened to keep a shotgun beside her bed for protection. She ended up shooting the man with 6 rounds from her shotgun and killed him. Someone actually thought she should be prosecuted, so they charged her with murder. During the court case, the prosecuting attorney asked her a bunch of questions, but there was one that stumped him, and caused him to loose his case. He asked her, "Why lady, did you shoot this man 6 times?"
She answered in all seriousness, "Because that is all the shells I had!"

Pladuim
pladuim
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 pm

This may get me in trouble with a few, especially since my Dad would be so completely opposed to what I have to say here.

I remember when I was a kid the big rage was the cap guns... Roy Rogers etc and of course I had saved up I think during the week and was busy playing " cowboys and Indians" or something when he happened by. He just put his hand on the barrel of that toy gun and pushed it slowly and gently down... simply saying to me .... "Sweetie.... never aim at a living thing."
I took that very seriously and even now would never hunt... target practice however is another thing... they even have some competitions where you can fire at balloons and stuff from a racing horse. neat.

Anyway.... that really has alot to do with marksmanship and not a whole lot to do with protection of your own home. I am sorry Daddy but on that issue I would be in the same situation as that little lady. Someone breaks into my home with evil intent and I ever had to draw..... I would not hesitate to fire until there wasn't anything left. You don't wave guns around to impress people... the decision has to be made before it is drawn and its a terrible commitment. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Go With The Flow