Deep Camouflage

A special place to look back and find gems that may have been overlooked.

Deep Camouflage

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Years ago I did something which was uncharacteristic of me actually. I asked my Mother about the story of the "Philadelphia Experiment" and if what William Moore was saying was true about Dads participation in it. She replied that" Moore had his own reasons for including your father in his book" .... OK .... that was a pretty much closed door I figured. So I asked again what it was that Dad did during the war. I knew that he was a Lt. Commander in the Navy but he had never mentioned any wartime experiences. The only thing that my Mother said .... with kind of a twinkle in her voice was " You Dad was involved in " Deep Camouflage"

I can remember laughing and making the joke " Well, making a destroyer disappear sure sounds like " deep camouflage to me!" and I went off to do something else and dismissed what she had said. I often wonder if she would have said more if I had just been smart enough at the time to ask the right questions.

And getting back to what I was trying to point out.... I may be very angry right now at Paul Schatzkin but there are moments when I do appreciate how very hard he worked on " Defying Gravity" and some of the things that he did manage to write were masterful. If you all haven't read the Chapter 63 " The Mole, The Bug, and the Prairie Chicken" please do. Of course I see the influences from Mr. Twigsnapper and even myself and especially Morgan, but Paul did manage to pull all of those elements together nicely and he made this important revelation.

Page373. Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of Townsend Brown

" What Morgan is describing..... we can now look back and see.... was the pivotal event not only in the life of Townsend Brown but also his wife, their adolescent son and toddler daughter. Everything that happened in all their lives from that moment forward was colored by whatever happened in that hangar at the Barbers Point Naval Air Station in Hawaii. And everything we think we know about Townsend Brown today, every story that has been told, every myth that has been perpetrated is colored by his own effort to discredit himself that started in the wake of the security break at Pearl Harbor.
If resigning from the Navy in 1942 was the moment when Townsend Brown went black , if thats when he truly disappeared behind the curtain of classified military research then his re-emergence in Los Angeles beginning in 1951 marks his coming out from behind the curtain. Only he emerges in costume with a mask on and in full camouflage. You thought it was hard to see behind the curtain? Now try seeing behind the mask."
And I have realized with sort of a start that he describes perfectly what was happening in my early life. The entire world around us was seeing my Dad .( and us too really!)... with a camouflaged mask .... but I still simply saw .... Daddy. Perhaps that will be the eventual key to the problem of seeing past the mask.
Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Re: Deep Camouflage

Postby htmagic » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:37 am

Linda,

Remember when I made a post about the movie The Pacifier? This movie is where Vin Diesel as a disgraced Navy SEAL Shane Wolfe is handed a new assignment: Protect the five Plummer kids from enemies of their recently deceased father -- a government scientist whose top-secret experiment remains in the kids' house. Shane figures out the code to the secret vault was a bedtime story told to the toddler in a little song.

Over the weekend, The DaVinci Code aired on TV. In this movie a good looking cryptologist, Sophie Neveu, discovers her grandfather (the Museum Louvre's curator) was murdered. The corpse was found with a series of symbols and codes, like a pentagram and a Fibonacci number sequence. Later in the movie, we discover that Sophie was "programmed" by her grandfather in solving puzzles, cracking codes, etc. Clues support hypothesis that the Priory of Sion/Knights Templar have guarded a secret for centuries that would undermine the authority of the Catholic/Christian Church if known, and the Church's mysterious agents are fast suppressing this ancient knowledge by murdering the only survivors who have access to the knowledge. Sophie is finally revealed to be the last survivor of that knowledge, and is in fact the heir to the bloodline of Jesus Christ.

Funny how the plots from two entirely different movies are similar. Must be the wind blowing through the chimes as these writers and producers received their 'downloads' ...

Linda, your father was clever enough to use this same plan on you. You may hold all the keys you are looking for in your journals. You keep mentioning that Morgan was clever enough to plan things years in advance but look at who taught him that - your dad. Your dad's travels, associations, and notes form a trail that someone clever enough can decipher. Unfortunately, I have to be hit on the head with some clues. It took a long time to figure out JDB in the old forums and associate it with your character(s) mentioned in the forums.

So remember those times you spent with Daddy and not only will they give you happy memories, in light of what you know today they will give you more insight to what he was doing at the time. Your journals are pretty detailed and as a 'human tape recorder' you have insight to Dr. Brown's life like no other.

So forget Paul. Poke him with a fork - he's done!
As Bugs Bunny would say: "What a maroon, what an ignoranimus."
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/Bugs/Bugs34.wav
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/50244/What-a-maroon

So Linda, remember dancing is better than marching!
Do the "The Peter Panda Dance" and Go Forth!
Last edited by htmagic on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagicBill

Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
The Alchemist

Re: Deep Camouflage - Other Stories

Postby htmagic » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:46 am

Looks like other people are telling other stories.
Before the Manhattan Project was built, many families had to move out of the valleys.
In this article:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/03/novel-shares-story-families-displaced-manhattan-pr/ wrote:Rebecca Carroll, the daughter of Jesse Kesterson, has released a novel inspired by the family's experience. "Milk Glass Moon" is about a 14-year-old girl's experience of being displaced by the Manhattan Project and her gradual understanding of what the government was doing.

It will be interesting to read Linda's book about her Dad and even though Linda is born in 1945, there are clues of what her father was doing during the war...
MagicBill

Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
The Alchemist

Postby PeeTee » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 pm

http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html

So that you will be ready to watch it friday.....I though many of you might want to know just at the right time.

Peetee le trickfox
PeeTee
The Trickfox

Postby catspaw1950 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Something prompted me to read this thread. It made me think of the Star Trek movie where they have a facility and crew hidden inplain sight. I can't remember now, how they were doing it, but what if something similar, at least in idea, is currently being used?

Cat
A time just for plantin', a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin'. A place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then, to be close to the earth.
Now the green leaves of summer are callin' me home.
catspaw1950
Commander

Return to Go With The Flow